It is currently Wed Aug 15, 2018 3:04 pm

Announcement: Registrations are currently disabled. Apologies for any inconvenience caused.

Republican senators launch bill to move US embassy to Jerusa

Discussion of current news and world events.
  • Author

Serendipity

0.5 stars

• Thanks Received: 76

Re: Republican senators launch bill to move US embassy to Je

PostThu Feb 02, 2017 7:23 pm

I honestly can't come up with an alternative at the moment but I don't think the US bowing down to Israel, as it usually does, is the solution.Do you really think Israel would stop at that? They'll move on to Lebanon, Syria, Iraq to establish the Greater Israel and God knows where after that.

Plastic Mind

0 stars

• Thanks Received: 15

PostThu Feb 02, 2017 8:35 pm

If Trump can throw them a "bone" as you say he could as easily invade Israel and put them in their place or better yet a more peaceful approach would be to stop giving them billions and billions year after year. Sounds like a very safe and easy alternative but we all know that's not going to happen because Trump most likely has somewhere across his body a tattoo stating "Property of Israel".

Artful Revealer

3 stars

• Thanks Received: 427

PostThu Feb 02, 2017 10:01 pm

Plastic Mind wrote:If Trump can throw them a "bone" as you say he could as easily invade Israel and put them in their place or better yet a more peaceful approach would be to stop giving them billions and billions year after year. Sounds like a very safe and easy alternative but we all know that's not going to happen because Trump most likely has somewhere across his body a tattoo stating "Property of Israel".
I think you're underestimating the influence of the Israeli lobby in the US. Stop funding Israel would be, perhaps very easy to do, but ^probably, certainly, not very safe.
The greatest trick the Devil ever pulled is convincing the world he is God.

Artful Revealer

3 stars

• Thanks Received: 427

PostThu Feb 02, 2017 10:11 pm

Serendipity wrote:I honestly can't come up with an alternative at the moment but I don't think the US bowing down to Israel, as it usually does, is the solution.Do you really think Israel would stop at that? They'll move on to Lebanon, Syria, Iraq to establish the Greater Israel and God knows where after that.
You see this as the US bowing down to Israel? The success to negotiations lies in co-operation. You gotta give something to get something in return. This is what Jerusalem and the settlements are in my view. Trump's been explicit about that. I personally haven't heard anything yet about the concessions Trump will demand from Israel though, or the offers Trump has for the Palestinians. I'm curious to see how that unfolds.

Maybe his offer is a one-state solution? To me that's the only viable solution and the only one's who would oppose it are Jews because of the threat it would pose to the Jewishness of Israel. But a one-state solution is the only viable one, as Gaddafi proposed before they took him out, which might explain the motives behind Trump's offer to make Jerusalem the capital, since it would become the capital by default in a one-state solution anyway.
The greatest trick the Devil ever pulled is convincing the world he is God.

Serendipity

0.5 stars

• Thanks Received: 76

PostTue Feb 07, 2017 1:29 pm

Artful Revealer wrote:
Serendipity wrote:I honestly can't come up with an alternative at the moment but I don't think the US bowing down to Israel, as it usually does, is the solution.Do you really think Israel would stop at that? They'll move on to Lebanon, Syria, Iraq to establish the Greater Israel and God knows where after that.
You see this as the US bowing down to Israel? The success to negotiations lies in co-operation. You gotta give something to get something in return. This is what Jerusalem and the settlements are in my view. Trump's been explicit about that. I personally haven't heard anything yet about the concessions Trump will demand from Israel though, or the offers Trump has for the Palestinians. I'm curious to see how that unfolds.

Maybe his offer is a one-state solution? To me that's the only viable solution and the only one's who would oppose it are Jews because of the threat it would pose to the Jewishness of Israel. But a one-state solution is the only viable one, as Gaddafi proposed before they took him out, which might explain the motives behind Trump's offer to make Jerusalem the capital, since it would become the capital by default in a one-state solution anyway.

Do you really think Israel will negotiate or compromise anything? So now it is completely fine for Israel to build settlements on occupied land?

You and I both know the one-state solution would never happen so his 'concession' i.e. recognizing Jerusalem as their capital would basically be bowing down to Israelis, nothing new here, and getting nothing in return. He's just like any other US president in this regard.

Kung Fu

2.5 stars

• Thanks Received: 207

PostTue Feb 07, 2017 1:35 pm

Serendipity wrote:Do you really think Israel will negotiate or compromise anything? So now it is completely fine for Israel to build settlements on occupied land?

You and I both know the one-state solution would never happen so his 'concession' i.e. recognizing Jerusalem as their capital would basically be bowing down to Israelis, nothing new here, and getting nothing in return. He's just like any other US president in this regard.

I would say he's actually worse than other presidents based on that specific statement. Calling Jerusalem the eternal capital of Israel is basically conceding to the notion that all of Jerusalem and the rest of Palestine belongs to Israel. It would seem he's not only a slave to the Zionists but he's willing to take their orders with a smile on his and go above and beyond for them.
Previous

Return to News and Current Events