It is currently Wed Aug 15, 2018 3:04 pm

Announcement: Registrations are currently disabled. Apologies for any inconvenience caused.

Trump's first "move" as president?

Discussion of current news and world events.
  • Author

Thy Unveiling

Creeper's Creeper

1 star

• Thanks Received: 123

Trump's first "move" as president?

PostSat Jan 21, 2017 1:18 am

So it seems that not even a day in, certain civil rights (mainly pertaining to the LGBT community) have been removed from the White House website. (According to my roommate as she perused Facebook.)

Sign of things to come :Bumbed:
"It's this house that's gone mad! I'm as sane as can be!" ~ICP; Madhouse

Thunderian

OG for real

1 star

• Thanks Received: 104

Re: Trump's first "move" as president?

PostSat Jan 21, 2017 3:16 am

Are you really posting something your roommate told you she got from Facebook as a sign of things to come?

Can you do any better than that? Or is this what passes for information these days?

"My roommate read on Facebook that Trump is going to take away our rights!"

"No shit? Let's burn it down!"

Thy Unveiling

Creeper's Creeper

1 star

PostSat Jan 21, 2017 5:10 am

Do you really have to be a jerk when I'm trying to generate discussion on slow boards? Or is spouting negativity what passes for conversation these days?

Taragaia

Awake

1.5 stars

• Thanks Received: 273

PostSat Jan 21, 2017 9:54 am

Thunderian wrote:Are you really posting something your roommate told you she got from Facebook as a sign of things to come?

Can you do any better than that? Or is this what passes for information these days?

"My roommate read on Facebook that Trump is going to take away our rights!"

"No shit? Let's burn it down!"

You will have to admit that there are more sources than Facebook confirming that Trump will make radical choices, including his speech.

I agree that Facebook is not a very good source, and that it is still unclear which moves Trump will make. However there is a clear shift occuring and Trump has made very clear that there will be major changes in the way America is governed.

We will soon have a lot more to discuss.
The only way out is in

Creeper

1.5 stars

• Thanks Received: 282

PostSat Jan 21, 2017 5:05 pm

The new boss is the same as the old boss.

Guaranteed, he is working for the same clowns and pulling the same moves as every other president in history, going back to when America was founded by the Freemasons.

But who is he working for?

The Zionist Jews?

The Russians?

Aliens?

His own wallet and big business interests?

Could it be all of the above? Or is he truly going to be the long awaited saviour of the pissed off white trash that still believe voting actually makes a difference (get real, you morons).

Whatever happens, it doesn't sound like it is a good time for anyone with a name like Mohammed Rodriguez who is currently living in America.
A fool thinks himself to be wise,
a wise man knows himself to be a fool.

Everything is meaningless, a chasing after the wind.

Thy Unveiling

Creeper's Creeper

1 star

PostSat Jan 21, 2017 8:15 pm

I agree that Facebook isn't exactly the most credible source, but is any source 100% reliable these days? Can we trust newspapers (many of which have names indiciating they're devoted Luciferians) or CNN? We're in the age of real news being labeled fake and fake being sold as authentic, so honestly what news source can we trust?

Besides, I'm not going to lie about where I get my information. Some people are all about demanding "source/link/pics", so why not get that out of the way first?

But yeah, it definitely seems like a bad time to be an immigrant or gay or trans in America. Is the new "American Dream" to wake up 4-8 years in the future? Quite possibly to El Presidente Kanye?

Thunderian

OG for real

1 star

• Thanks Received: 104

PostSat Jan 21, 2017 11:25 pm

Thy Unveiling wrote:Do you really have to be a jerk when I'm trying to generate discussion on slow boards? Or is spouting negativity what passes for conversation these days?

I'm sorry for being a jerk, but you are spreading false information and it bothers me when people do that.

If you want to start a discussion, why not find out exactly what it is that Trump is supposed to have done instead of posting something your roommate said they read on Facebook?

Why not do some research and tell us what you found out? That's what I did.

When Trump was sworn in, all the White House content was transferred to ObamaWhiteHouse.gov, and all his tweets from @POTUS were transferred to @POTUS44. It's a new administration and they will be posting their own content on the White House site and on the POTUS twitter account. To say that LGBTQetc and climate change were scrubbed from the website is technically true, but not the whole truth because everything has been scrubbed and will be replaced.

But some people would rather spread falsehoods and stir up contention by making it seem like Trump is going to roll back human rights and start coal fires just for fun. People like George Takei (who I think was behind the original FB post about it) and your roommate, and now you, are perpetuating lies and it does no service to anyone other than people who would rather believe something bad than learn the truth for themselves.

Do you see now why I was rude to you?

If you are going to post something, make sure it's credible. Otherwise you are part of the problem.

justjess

JEZEBEL

5 Stars

• Thanks Received: 999

PostSun Jan 22, 2017 2:15 am

Except they were removed and trumps plan for americas climate policy was put up in its place - basically lift regulations to allow more coal - nothing was put up in place of lgbt rights. So you are both technically correct.

Some of his other first moves were to end the reduction in mortgage insurance payments that had made it more affordable for low income people to buy homes, and to end all federal grants to violence against women programs. So yeah.. whichever way u want to go with that, fuck him.

Oh and now his first press conference was used to throw a temper tantrum at the press.

I feel like I'm living in a bad d movie. Not even b.

On a positive note millions of people came out in peaceful protest today at the women's marches and that's giving me some life right now.
Scratch most feminists and underneath there is a woman who longs to be a sex object. The difference is that is not all she wants to be. ~Betty Rollin

"I don't really aspire to being rational. I'm more attracted to the irrational," she says. "There's no such thing as total rationality. That's something I've realized lately." - Scarlet Johansson

Thy Unveiling

Creeper's Creeper

1 star

PostSun Jan 22, 2017 5:09 am

@ Thunderian; I don't really view it as spreading falsehoods when using terms like "apparently" and being straight up about my source. But apology accepted and thank you for explaining your stance. I'm sorry for being defensive as well.

@ jess; he's really not wasting any time on any of Their goals, is he? Sheesh! Though hearing about the peaceful protest makes me happy that people are uniting admist all the division. But jeez, barely day 2 and wow..
.just wow. I have no words...I really wish I could help everyone :(

Karlysymon

1.5 stars

• Thanks Received: 282

PostMon Jan 23, 2017 8:58 am

I will keep President Lisa's words at the back of my mind. In the Simpson episode 'Bart to the future', she said, "President Trump left us quite the budget crunch".
Next

Return to News and Current Events