It is currently Thu May 23, 2019 6:55 am

Announcement: Registrations are currently disabled. Apologies for any inconvenience caused.

Trump's first "move" as president?

Discussion of current news and world events.
  • Author

Thy Unveiling

Creeper's Creeper

1 star

• Thanks Received: 123

Re: Trump's first "move" as president?

PostMon Jan 23, 2017 3:08 pm

Trump will likely prove "future" Lisa correct (I'm also expecting a female president to take over after him, given the prediction.) Trudeau over here is probably doing the same over here, giving away and spending money the country doesn't have. Although the taxes on selling legal marijuana (whenever that happens) may help balance that out. I hope.
"It's this house that's gone mad! I'm as sane as can be!" ~ICP; Madhouse

Karlysymon

1.5 stars

• Thanks Received: 282

PostMon Jan 23, 2017 6:05 pm

Thing is, since 2008, many finance/economy leaning alternative websites have been talking of an imminent crash for almost a decade now. And last year, some analysts were connecting the rise of populist movements to a planned crash. That since the likes of Venezuela are in the cards, a financial crash will be initiated under the watch of 'populist leaders' -Trump, Brexit, and other european parties on the rise. They will be scape-goated and we will all be blamed for choosing leaders that unleashed chaos. So i have to say iam intrigued by what the 2nd half of the year will bring. If the economy is doing so great, why are companies continuing to down size and shutter-up countless outlets (Boeing, Walmart, Sears)? Also, last christmas was universally dubbed as the worst. Worldwide, the comments kept coming about how people couldn't afford a grand celebration. Bins weren't overflowing the next day as in yester years. People aren't readily spending as they used to. Maybe that 'crunch' that Trump will leave behind is really around the corner.

Taragaia

Awake

1.5 stars

• Thanks Received: 273

PostTue Jan 24, 2017 4:57 am

Karlysymon wrote:Worldwide, the comments kept coming about how people couldn't afford a grand celebration. Bins weren't overflowing the next day as in yester years. People aren't readily spending as they used to. Maybe that 'crunch' that Trump will leave behind is really around the corner.

Interesting, in my country the whole year everyone has been beating the drum about how the economy is booming and that this was the best Christmas since 2008.

We hear the exact opposite on the general news.
The only way out is in

Karlysymon

1.5 stars

PostTue Jan 24, 2017 2:52 pm

Taragaia wrote:We hear the exact opposite on
the general news.

True, there is a disconnect. And these were ordinary people, whose conversations one managed to catch that day and after. Not some gov't Fin Min. The traders who barely moved merchandise, next door neighbours, friends, family and strangers abroad, all voicing similar sentiments. It seems the world is in a slow economic decline with Venezuela style collapse at the end: women selling their hair and kids being abandoned and prostituting themselves just to get by. It is why i have always believed Trump's 'make America great again' to be pure rhetoric. He cannot deliver on that promise because the system isn't designed to let him to. Economically/financially that is. All one has to do is remember Lehman. Everything is interconnected. Just one investment bank going under will drag countless others around the world along with it. Derivatives bubble. And even before Lehman went bust, (oh i remember that september so well) things had been simmering underneath. And since a band aid was applied to the problems 9yrs ago, we seem to be riding towards a Lehman 2.0

Artful Revealer

3 stars

• Thanks Received: 427

PostTue Jan 31, 2017 10:38 pm

I will keep President Lisa's words at the back of my mind. In the Simpson episode 'Bart to the future', she said, "President Trump left us quite the budget crunch".
It's actually Obama who left the US with a huge budget deficit. He managed to increase national debt almost as much as all the previous presidents ... combined!

But yeah, I'm sure Matt Groening is a visionary.
The greatest trick the Devil ever pulled is convincing the world he is God.

Karlysymon

1.5 stars

PostWed Feb 01, 2017 12:26 pm

Artful Revealer wrote:
I will keep President Lisa's words at the back of my mind. In the Simpson episode 'Bart to the future', she said, "President Trump left us quite the budget crunch".
It's actually Obama who left the US with a huge budget deficit. He managed to increase national debt almost as much as all the previous presidents ... combined!

But yeah, I'm sure Matt Groening is a visionary.

You are right about that. Everyone inherits everyone's mess but we cannot deny his policies will exacerbate an already terrible situation.

Serendipity

0.5 stars

• Thanks Received: 76

PostThu Feb 02, 2017 1:54 pm

After following the news the past few days, I feel like Trump is just a puppet used by Mike Pence. His fingerprints are all over this.

Rainerann

1 star

• Thanks Received: 103

PostSun Feb 05, 2017 11:59 am

Personally, I haven't formed a complete opinion of Trump although I'm inclined to be skeptical. I do know that every day I wake up and hear something new about Trump, I think to myself "gosh it is so great that the devil woman isn't president right now." It is truly like sitting next a stream of crystal clear water that travels through a quiet forest while the sun is rising and shining through trees. I'm in a honeymoon period because of it right now. I don't know what the future holds. That could change. Its possible. I hope it doesn't, but its possible.

Thy Unveiling

Creeper's Creeper

1 star

• Thanks Received: 123

PostSun Feb 05, 2017 5:13 pm

Serendipity wrote:After following the news the past few days, I feel like Trump is just a puppet used by Mike Pence. His fingerprints are all over this.

All presidents are puppets being used. Hilary would have been a puppet, too. But They didn't want to make the first female president be a villain, and They needed a villain. Trump is perfect for the role. The first female president will appear to be a hero cleaning up the mess of the men before her. But she will still be a puppet. Everything that's happening right now was planned. "All the world's a stage" y'know.
"It's this house that's gone mad! I'm as sane as can be!" ~ICP; Madhouse

Artful Revealer

3 stars

• Thanks Received: 427

PostSun Feb 05, 2017 9:15 pm

Thy Unveiling wrote:All presidents are puppets being used. Hilary would have been a puppet, too. But They didn't want to make the first female president be a villain, and They needed a villain. Trump is perfect for the role. The first female president will appear to be a hero cleaning up the mess of the men before her. But she will still be a puppet. Everything that's happening right now was planned. "All the world's a stage" y'know.
Everything about Trump's persona leads to believe he's not a puppet, from his financial independence to the way he shakes the hand of global leaders around the world and his overall body language. If you're not good in people's knowledge, give us the names of his puppeteers to substantiate your point.
The greatest trick the Devil ever pulled is convincing the world he is God.
PreviousNext

Return to News and Current Events