It is currently Sat May 25, 2019 2:52 am

Announcement: Registrations are currently disabled. Apologies for any inconvenience caused.

The Inauguration

Discussion of current news and world events.
  • Author

Thy Unveiling

Creeper's Creeper

1 star

• Thanks Received: 123

The Inauguration

PostSat Jan 21, 2017 1:25 am

I admit I haven't watched it myself, but a friend in the US was telling me that Trump was flashing the 666 hand sign a lot during key words. Did anyone else from here see this?

Edit: My roommate perusing Facebook showed me a picture of the turnout for Obama's 2009 inauguration next to Trump's. It was like comparing Times Square on New Years Eve vs New Years Day. Now she's watching his speech and he's going on about transferring power and other very interesting things. He sounds like a high level warlock.
"It's this house that's gone mad! I'm as sane as can be!" ~ICP; Madhouse

Thunderian

OG for real

1 star

• Thanks Received: 104

Re: The Inauguration

PostSat Jan 21, 2017 3:19 am

Thy Unveiling

Creeper's Creeper

1 star

PostSat Jan 21, 2017 5:11 am

I feel the same way whenever I see you've replied

Taragaia

Awake

1.5 stars

• Thanks Received: 273

PostSat Jan 21, 2017 9:46 am

Funny to see you guys reply to each other.

Point is, it's two sides of the same coin. Power corrupts most people. Whether it is Obama or Trump, both of them desire the power to have a seat in the white house. Both of them are not representative of you and me.

I know Thunderian thinks he will keep his promises, and I know you TU are worried about the consequences of his reign.

Either way, the president was never there for the common man to being with. For Thundo, that might be a painful realisation. TU, you are at least prepared.

But in both cases I would advice you to leave that which is out of your control out of your mind, and worry about things that directly affect your life. Whatever negative consequences mister Trump has for your life will only be known when they are actually there, and until that time put the white house monkey out of your head.

There are so much better things to think about :Wink:
The only way out is in

Creeper

1.5 stars

• Thanks Received: 282

PostSat Jan 21, 2017 5:11 pm

A fool thinks himself to be wise,
a wise man knows himself to be a fool.

Everything is meaningless, a chasing after the wind.

Thy Unveiling

Creeper's Creeper

1 star

PostSat Jan 21, 2017 8:28 pm

You bring up some very good points, Tara. Thank you for helping (or trying to) lay some middle ground ;)

.....and I love Trump's facial expression in that pic, Catcher.

Karlysymon

1.5 stars

• Thanks Received: 282

PostSat Jan 21, 2017 10:33 pm

I haven't 'properly' watched the inauguration. Although i felt Melania's attire gave off Jackie O vibes. I have always maintained that Trump will not change a thing. Was shocked to find that Rudy Guiliani is the attorney general. The mayor of Newyork during 911 and later knighted by the Queen. Need i say more? America has been in decline for the last 50yrs and Trump at helm will not and cannot save a ship that is 3 quarters beneath the waves. i also felt that msm running stories about death threats against Trump or preventing his inauguration, it all seems superficial. Like they want us to believe he is such a hero with so many enemies.
@Thunderian

http://infiniteunknown.net/2016/12/02/w ... nt-reason/

Thunderian

OG for real

1 star

• Thanks Received: 104

PostSat Jan 21, 2017 11:37 pm

Taragaia wrote:
I know Thunderian thinks he will keep his promises ...

Nope. I haven't said that at all.

I was always more a Hillary hater than a Trump supporter. I am optimistic that the US will get back on track and that it will benefit the entire world, but I don't have anything invested in Trump's presidency.

I think that my defense of the truth might appear to be a defense of Trump. For instance, Trump has never said a word against LGBT folks, ever, but we keep hearing that he's going to lock gay people up or something and it's based on nothing but the same untruth repeated over and over again. He is considering a well-known homsexual, Peter Thiel. for an administration post, he has been pictured waving a pride flag at a rally, and he has said that trans people are welcome to use any bathroom they want when they visit Trump tower, but all we keep hearing is, "Trump hates gay people." What is this based on?

Thy Unveiling

Creeper's Creeper

1 star

PostSun Jan 22, 2017 5:49 am

http://www.hrc.org/2016RepublicanFacts/ ... e-equality stuff like this is what makes people think he is against the community

http://www.thenewcivilrightsmovement.co ... y_marriage un autre encouraging article

I tried to include a third link but every time I tried to copy/paste, my phone started acting up and bringing me to Hotmail?? By the third time, I gave up. The site title reminded me of Mother Goose, if that helps. There was another article I wanted to link (titled something like "Trump might not hate gays, but his staff do") but it seemed they weren't allowing me to Copy their weird address. Mostly, I just wanted to include articles of varied opinions regarding this.

Regardless, him wanting to revoke marriage rights ofc pisses off people who waited a long time to be able to marry, and now said marriage could be deemed null and void. Sure, paper means nothing, really, but the principles behind such threats and possible actions is a huge slap in the face. And what if any of those couples need to be legally wed for purposes like Creeper and I need to be legally wed; else they can't physically be together? Idk how US Law works, tbh, it's deliberately confusing when it changes State to State (aren't you supposed to be United? I don't get it.) But laws are always being changed, even here in Canada. (Right now they're really making immigration damn near impossible here thanks to Señor Trump.)

Freaking Trump card :roll:

Anyways. Those are some examples of why people say he hates the LGBT community.

Taragaia

Awake

1.5 stars

• Thanks Received: 273

PostSun Jan 22, 2017 6:39 am

Thunderian wrote:
Taragaia wrote:
I know Thunderian thinks he will keep his promises ...

Nope. I haven't said that at all.

I was always more a Hillary hater than a Trump supporter. I am optimistic that the US will get back on track and that it will benefit the entire world, but I don't have anything invested in Trump's presidency.

I think that my defense of the truth might appear to be a defense of Trump. For instance, Trump has never said a word against LGBT folks, ever, but we keep hearing that he's going to lock gay people up or something and it's based on nothing but the same untruth repeated over and over again. He is considering a well-known homsexual, Peter Thiel. for an administration post, he has been pictured waving a pride flag at a rally, and he has said that trans people are welcome to use any bathroom they want when they visit Trump tower, but all we keep hearing is, "Trump hates gay people." What is this based on?

Right ok, I have interpreted your defense of Trump on the old boards as a pro Trump stance. Thanks for clarifying. The anti Hilary part didn't come through to me as much as the pro Trump part though, but that just might've been my own focus.

About the LBGT thing, I guess that it's such a sensitive issue in America that gays will always be afraid that the rights they just gained will swiftly dissappear again. Under Obama a lot of progress has been made for them, and the republicans do not have a reputation of being tolerant towards them.

So it might well be a gossip machine spiraling out of control spouting untruths because Trump hasn't said anything yet, but their fear is legit for other reasons.
The only way out is in
Next

Return to News and Current Events