It is currently Tue May 22, 2018 9:50 am


Announcement: Registrations are currently disabled. Apologies for any inconvenience caused.

Trump Halts Refugee Processing

Discussion of current news and world events.
  • Author
  • Message
Offline
User avatar

justjess

JEZEBEL

Registered User

5 Stars

  • Posts: 3946
  • Joined: 27 February 2013
  • Location: gypsy
  • Gender: Female
  • Thanks Received: 999

Re: Trump Halts Refugee Processing

PostTue Feb 07, 2017 6:43 pm

You should be alright Loki. Don't let me Debbie downer your plans. Being married is great it's just the legal financial stuff that's a pain in the ass and depressing if you aren't in a great situation
Scratch most feminists and underneath there is a woman who longs to be a sex object. The difference is that is not all she wants to be. ~Betty Rollin

"I don't really aspire to being rational. I'm more attracted to the irrational," she says. "There's no such thing as total rationality. That's something I've realized lately." - Scarlet Johansson
Offline

Kung Fu

Registered User

2.5 stars

  • Posts: 882
  • Joined: 28 February 2013
  • Thanks Received: 207

Re: Trump Halts Refugee Processing

PostTue Feb 07, 2017 7:08 pm

Loki wrote:Hey, thanks for making me rethink getting married guys! Super comforting.


I don't know how it works for agnostics and or atheists but for us Muslims the only thing that matters is having an imam/priest, witnesses, and the Quran. I only want to make God proud and so the government should have no business in knowing if I'm married or not. Too bad they do now because we told them. I've learned from my mistake and have advised all my brothers, friends, and other family members that they do the religious aspects of the marriage ONLY (that's all that really matters anyway) and not do it "formally" because like I said Big Brother has no business in knowing.

Getting married and having a family is a very good thing for both you and the community as it fosters responsibility and organization but this fucking decadent society is trying to do everything in its power in order to not let that happen.
Offline
User avatar

justjess

JEZEBEL

Registered User

5 Stars

  • Posts: 3946
  • Joined: 27 February 2013
  • Location: gypsy
  • Gender: Female
  • Thanks Received: 999

Re: Trump Halts Refugee Processing

PostTue Feb 07, 2017 7:27 pm

Ehh we had a Christian marriage but they didn't give us the option to opt out legally and at the time it was important for us to legally married on paper. It all depends on a persons specific circumstance.
Scratch most feminists and underneath there is a woman who longs to be a sex object. The difference is that is not all she wants to be. ~Betty Rollin

"I don't really aspire to being rational. I'm more attracted to the irrational," she says. "There's no such thing as total rationality. That's something I've realized lately." - Scarlet Johansson
Offline
User avatar

Loki

Trickster God

Administrator

4 stars

  • Posts: 2204
  • Joined: 28 February 2013
  • Gender: Male
  • Thanks Received: 875

Re: Trump Halts Refugee Processing

PostTue Feb 07, 2017 7:45 pm

Kung Fu wrote:
Loki wrote:Hey, thanks for making me rethink getting married guys! Super comforting.


I don't know how it works for agnostics and or atheists but for us Muslims the only thing that matters is having an imam/priest, witnesses, and the Quran. I only want to make God proud and so the government should have no business in knowing if I'm married or not. Too bad they do now because we told them. I've learned from my mistake and have advised all my brothers, friends, and other family members that they do the religious aspects of the marriage ONLY (that's all that really matters anyway) and not do it "formally" because like I said Big Brother has no business in knowing.

Getting married and having a family is a very good thing for both you and the community as it fosters responsibility and organization but this fucking decadent society is trying to do everything in its power in order to not let that happen.


Eh, to me it's all symbolic anyway. Neither of us are religious and I have no need of or interest in any ceremony personally, but she wants one even if it's not traditional; her main concern is that it's a great party, plus she gets to wear a wedding dress. The legal part doesn't matter to me particularly, though I never really had any reservations about it until now. For me, I just wanted to spend the rest of my life with her, I don't need a ceremony or legal document to solidify that notion, but I'm sure it will make her feel better and more secure having the legal side of it squared away, especially if we have any kids, which is kind of doubtful, but you never know of course.
This message brought to you by My Brain, courtesy of My Fingers.

"We all are to some extent [agnostic]... So yes, I'm an 'agnostic', in as much as I don't actually know what happens when I die. I choose to operate under the assumption that God does not exist. I have no need for God in my life, the concept of a 'God' feels incredibly made up to me. It is not requisite for my every day living. For some people it is. They are 'theistic agnostics,' I am an 'atheistic agnostic.'" - Cara Santa Maria
Offline
User avatar

Taragaia

Awake

Registered User

1.5 stars

  • Posts: 351
  • Joined: 03 January 2017
  • Location: Goa, India
  • Gender: Female
  • Thanks Received: 273

Re: Trump Halts Refugee Processing

PostWed Feb 08, 2017 4:06 pm

justjess wrote:im honestly considering a legal divorce for financial purposes if one of us doesn't find a job with health benefits some time soon because with my medical condition being unable to access health care really isn't a freaking option. It just really sad that something like that seems to be our best most realistic option. Especially because that comes with its own drawbacks.. inheritance rules and giving my mom more power then my husband when it comes to medical decisions etc.

Damned if you do, damned if you don't it seems.


I am not conservative by all means and not a defender of traditional family values (that is if you mean Abrahamic religious ones) but I think this is pure insanity.

A marriage is a binding legal procedure that should have certain advantages for couples and provide them protection in some area's, it shouldn't make life more difficult. Marriage should be attractive in order to create stable family units, which is essential for societies wellbeing. This should definitely change.

Thank you all for your contribution, I can understand a little better now why American conservations claim that marriage is being destroyed.
The only way out is in
Offline
User avatar

Thunderian

OG for real

Registered User

1 star

  • Posts: 146
  • Joined: 21 December 2016
  • Thanks Received: 104

Re: Trump Halts Refugee Processing

PostThu Feb 09, 2017 1:33 am

Serendipity wrote:
Thunderian wrote:
I wanted to mention that there are 16 countries (including the UAE, Serendipity) that do not permit entry to Jews. Is this as offensive to those on this thread who are outraged at Trump's Muslim "ban"? Why or why not?


Hmm, you forgot to mention that Israel does not permit entry to those countries as well.


That's not true. Israel doesn't restrict entry to anyone based on the country they are from.

It's also a myth actually, since Israelis have been entering GCC countries for years now, heck, there was an Israeli professor at my university too. And even if the ban was actually true, it wouldn't be hard for the Israelis to create false passports, do New Zealand passports ring a bell? ;)


OK, so maybe the ban isn't enforced, but it's still a racist policy that should outrage the same people who are losing it over Trump's "Muslim ban".

If there is a Muslim country occupying another country and terrorizing its people for 60 years, I would be the first one to support the ban ...


A ban on all Muslims? I thought collective punishment was an evil tactic of the nefarious Jew.

How about the US stops supplying arms, funding terrorist organizations, stop the Wahhabi-funded mosques and spend this money on education?


From your lips to God's ears. The US loses a lot of moral high ground by dealing arms to some terrible people.

One more thing, 'Muslim' is not a race.


Then why do Muslims keep calling me racist when I criticize Islam?

What would happen to 'white' American Muslims living in America? Should they also be deported? The whole thing is entirely illogical.


Who is talking about deporting Muslims?
Offline

Creeper

Registered User

1.5 stars

  • Posts: 204
  • Joined: 08 January 2017
  • Thanks Received: 282

Re: Trump Halts Refugee Processing

PostSat Feb 11, 2017 6:13 pm

Image
A fool thinks himself to be wise,
a wise man knows himself to be a fool.

Everything is meaningless, a chasing after the wind.
Offline
User avatar

Artful Revealer

Registered User

3 stars

  • Posts: 1178
  • Joined: 28 February 2013
  • Location: Realm of Veils
  • Gender: Male
  • Thanks Received: 427

Re: Trump Halts Refugee Processing

PostThu Mar 09, 2017 4:31 pm

Scimitar wrote:wow, that was funny :D you don't believe that BS do you?
Sorry, was this addressed at me?
The greatest trick the Devil ever pulled is convincing the world he is God.
Offline
User avatar

Artful Revealer

Registered User

3 stars

  • Posts: 1178
  • Joined: 28 February 2013
  • Location: Realm of Veils
  • Gender: Male
  • Thanks Received: 427

Re: Trump Halts Refugee Processing

PostThu Mar 09, 2017 4:35 pm

Loki wrote:In a sense I agree with what you said here, but at the same time I have no issue calling those young black men and women who perpetrated that crime utter racists and I'm glad they were charged with a hate crime. So, like you said, it was about hate, but they hated that guy because he was a white person who they assumed voted for Trump. To my knowledge they had no real evidence the young man had actually voted for Trump before they kidnapped and assaulted him.
This doesn't add up. You're saying they didn't have evidence that the kid voted Trump, then you said they attacked him because they assumed he voted Trump. How do you know they attacked the kid because they assumed he voted Trump?

Even if he had voted Trump, the guy is mentally disabled (which increases the likelihood of him having voted Clinton btw). Why would anyone attack a mentally disabled person for his political view?
The greatest trick the Devil ever pulled is convincing the world he is God.
Offline
User avatar

Artful Revealer

Registered User

3 stars

  • Posts: 1178
  • Joined: 28 February 2013
  • Location: Realm of Veils
  • Gender: Male
  • Thanks Received: 427

Re: Trump Halts Refugee Processing

PostThu Mar 09, 2017 4:47 pm

Kung Fu wrote:
Artful Revealer wrote:You're justifying the ban on Israelis because of the violence they inflict upon others. I agree. Yet that same reasoning doesn't apply when it comes to Muslims? Has the great Kung Fu also been slain by the hypocrisy monster?
The same reasoning can't be applied because Muslims were never doing anything that would be considered harmful to the West
If you start counting with the 80s, you might have a point. Bit arbitrary, no? Let's not pretend the West has never been harmed by Muslims.

until they were struck with bullets, bombs, jets, and drones. You're taking two different issues and conflating it as one. Your statement here doesn't fly and so I fail to see the hypocrisy.
The point remains, you said Israelis are rightfully denied from Muslim countries because they are and have been harmful to Muslim countries, to which I said I agreed. But apparently western countries aren't allowed to deny Muslims because they are harmful and have been harmful to western countries. That's the hypocrisy I was pointing out and hypocrisy it is. This is not conflating issues, this is called being consistent, which you are not.

However, if you want to speak about hypocrisy why don't you start with Trump because he seems to be a hypocrite in body, mind, and soul :wink:
How is Trump a hypocrite in mind, body and soul?
The greatest trick the Devil ever pulled is convincing the world he is God.
PreviousNext

Return to News and Current Events

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron