It is currently Fri Oct 19, 2018 1:34 pm

Announcement: Registrations are currently disabled. Apologies for any inconvenience caused.

Donald Trump's first US military raid 'kills 30 civilians'

Discussion of current news and world events.
  • Author

justjess

JEZEBEL

5 Stars

• Thanks Received: 999

Re: Donald Trump's first US military raid 'kills 30 civilian

PostTue Jan 31, 2017 9:41 pm

You haven't spent a day with my relatives then clearly thinderian..

I'll admit I do get awful angry about these things and can sometimes just say stuff blunt out that might seem unfair but it's based on my own life experiences. I was the first person commenting on this thread so it wasn't aimed at anyone - wasn't aimed at you.

I have many many relatives who are all pro life regarding abortion. But think we should just blow up the whole Middle East and let God sort them out. I have t spoken to a single one of them because of an argument on thanksgiving over this exact thing. Plus I see it all over Facebook with my extended circle and people I went to school with and grew up wth and I'm not even from the south one little bit. Just because you don't feel that way doesn't doesbt mean it isn't a common occurrnce.
Last edited by justjess on Wed Feb 01, 2017 1:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
Scratch most feminists and underneath there is a woman who longs to be a sex object. The difference is that is not all she wants to be. ~Betty Rollin

"I don't really aspire to being rational. I'm more attracted to the irrational," she says. "There's no such thing as total rationality. That's something I've realized lately." - Scarlet Johansson

Karlysymon

1.5 stars

• Thanks Received: 282

PostTue Jan 31, 2017 11:09 pm

Iam pro-life btw.

Thunderian

OG for real

1 star

• Thanks Received: 104

PostWed Feb 01, 2017 5:34 am

My apologies to both of you. It seemed to me like they were general comments aimed at anyone who is pro-life, and I took them personally.

I find it hard to believe that anyone can care about one child and not about another. I honestly don't know anyone like that. I guess I'm blessed not to.

Karlysymon

1.5 stars

• Thanks Received: 282

PostWed Feb 01, 2017 12:15 pm

Apology accepted. Iam actually glad your comment brought up the argument. Iam pretty sure you have heard a statement along these lines ' politicians will not send their kids to the frontline but they will be happy to send yours'. Truth is, most neocons/warhawks are 'publicly' pro-life. It is well known the lower classes fill up military ranks. Which presents a disconnect. All life should matter. In the end, no one benefits from war except the ones who wage it. Last i heard, warhawks love perpetual war (it will be 20yrs soon since 2001) because it is an effective depopulation method.
The Middle East is America’s
collateral damage: The brutal
truth about America’s drone
wars by TOM ENGELHARDT

http://salon.com/2015/05/07/the_middle_ ... s_partner/
Previous

Return to News and Current Events