It is currently Tue May 22, 2018 9:53 am

Announcement: Registrations are currently disabled. Apologies for any inconvenience caused.

Do you, a free person, see Muslim females as slaves?

Discussion of current news and world events.
  • Author

Gnostic Bishop

2 stars

• Thanks Received: 114

PostSun Mar 19, 2017 1:50 am

In the more right wing of Islam, females are what I would call slaves. I am prompted to think in that term because if I were a Muslim man living under Sharia, I can buy myself a few child brides. There is also little stopping me from doing the same, --- where Muslims live under Sharia law, --- in new adopted countries in the free world. Slavery returns to the West.

Fraternité, if I may remind the English speakers, means a fiduciary relationship to all other people. Slave is appropriate here. Fraternité and honesty also forces that I must look at Muslim females as slaves.

Do I, as a free man, have any responsibility to free these Muslim women, who inadvertently help propagate slavery by their lack of revolt against it?

The West also helps propagate slavery by allowing it into the West.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CtY5bv-oxLE

If I, as a free man, hold a responsibility to free slaves, as a free person, do you?

How much tolerance should tolerant nations give to a huge slave trading religion and government system?

Regards
DL

Rainerann

1 star

• Thanks Received: 103

Re: Do you, a free person, see Muslim females as slaves?

PostSun Mar 19, 2017 5:36 am

Rainerann

1 star

• Thanks Received: 103

PostSun Mar 19, 2017 5:37 am

Serendipity

0.5 stars

• Thanks Received: 76

PostSun Mar 19, 2017 6:48 am

Well, I am a Muslim female and I don't see myself as a slave. I think we already had a discussion about this and I explained to you how child marriages are prohibited in Islam. Just because it happens in small rural areas in Yemen and KSA doesn't mean it happens everywhere in this part of the world.

Can you explain to me though why do you see Muslim females as slaves and I'll try to explain to you where you got it wrong. I'm going to exclude KSA/Wahhabism from our discussion as its an extreme version of Islam that most Muslims, including me, don't believe in.

Gnostic Bishop

2 stars

PostSun Mar 19, 2017 3:44 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=p ... SPvnFDDQHk

Check what is said at the 13 min. mark on stoning women.

Is that how you would treat a free person or is that more how you would treat a slave?

I compliment you on not attacking the main premise that Islam is a slave promoting religion.

You show some insight.

I see Muslim women as slaves because that is what Islam makes of them.

As you an see from the link I put, the right wing of Islam is much larger than you are indicating.

Regards
DL

Karlysymon

1.5 stars

• Thanks Received: 282

PostMon Mar 20, 2017 9:19 am

I get it, that stuff happens and this isn't to excuse "right wing Islam", its grossly wrong but let us not pretend that this stuff doesn't happen in the so-called "Free world"/ west which in the truest sense isn't free. And where is your outrage?
A few examples. If King Abdullah of KSA married his fourth wife who was 15 at that time, why is that wrong but it isn't when 50 yr old Doug Hutchison marries a 16yr old Courtney Stodden?
Let us not forget America's 'favourite culprit' in this. FLDS (Fundamentalist church of Latter Day Saints), a Mormon splinter group.
http://www.helpthechildbrides.com/
From what i understand (i may be wrong ofcourse), consummating a marriage.....and i cringe just typing that out.......with a girl under 10 usually results in rupturing her internal organs. Ah! Let's not forget Alfred Kinsey (Kinsey institute anyone?) he didn't exactly buy a child bride but he violated countless children while pursing 'research', and was supported by many universities. Where is the outrage?

Taragaia

Awake

1.5 stars

• Thanks Received: 273

PostMon Mar 20, 2017 10:28 am

Karlysymon wrote:I get it, that stuff happens and this isn't to excuse "right wing Islam", its grossly wrong but let us not pretend that this stuff doesn't happen in the so-called "Free world"/ west which in the truest sense isn't free. And where is your outrage?Where is The outrage?

There is no outrage because we just live in a different patriarchal system.

I know I kick the bucket here, because most CT people believe feminism has taken over and men are now being repressed and such. But there's not really such a thing going on.

Yes, things have gotten better for women and marginalized groups in the West. Better than they have ever been even. But that doesn't mean we have suddenly lost 1950 years of Patriarchy in 50 years. That's how these examples exist without outrage.

I always find it ironic to find proponents of one patriacharchal system condemn the other because of 'women's rights''.

Tell me which rights exactly? The right to refuse a piece of cloth on your head seems minor to me compared to the right to ones bodily autonomy, yet all Abrahamic (and other patriarchal systems ) agree women should submit to their husbands.
The only way out is in

Serendipity

0.5 stars

• Thanks Received: 76

PostMon Mar 20, 2017 10:50 am

Gnostic Bishop wrote:https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=pSPvnFDDQHk

Check what is said at the 13 min. mark on stoning women.

Is that how you would treat a free person or is that more how you would treat a slave?

I compliment you on not attacking the main premise that Islam is a slave promoting religion.

You show some insight.

I see Muslim women as slaves because that is what Islam makes of them.

As you an see from the link I put, the right wing of Islam is much larger than you are indicating.

Regards
DL

I'm at work and I really can't watch videos. Would you mind telling me what they say?

Listen GB, you have to separate culture and people's actions from religion. If someone acts in a certain way it should reflect on him and only him. Not his religion. People use religion as an excuse when the fact is they're the assholes.

I never said Islam is a slave promoting religion. Islam actually promotes freeing the slaves and gave rights to women that were nonexistent before Islam. When it comes to the right wing of Islam, I don't believe in it. The prophet told us to be moderate and those people are anything but moderate and are using Islam to promote their political agendas.

I'm a single Muslim 26 year old woman and I work, go out as I please, dress the way I want and travel around the world. Do you see me as a slave? If yes, then can you tell me the reasons?

Karlysymon

1.5 stars

• Thanks Received: 282

PostMon Mar 20, 2017 11:34 am

@Tara
in KSA, women aren't allowed to drive let alone step out without a male (or his permission)....something like that.

Gnostic Bishop

2 stars

PostMon Mar 20, 2017 3:47 pm

Karlysymon wrote:I get it, that stuff happens and this isn't to excuse "right wing Islam", its grossly wrong but let us not pretend that this stuff doesn't happen in the so-called "Free world"/ west which in the truest sense isn't free. And where is your outrage?
A few examples. If King Abdullah of KSA married his fourth wife who was 15 at that time, why is that wrong but it isn't when 50 yr old Doug Hutchison marries a 16yr old Courtney Stodden?
Let us not forget America's 'favourite culprit' in this. FLDS (Fundamentalist church of Latter Day Saints), a Mormon splinter group.
http://www.helpthechildbrides.com/
From what i understand (i may be wrong ofcourse), consummating a marriage.....and i cringe just typing that out.......with a girl under 10 usually results in rupturing her internal organs. Ah! Let's not forget Alfred Kinsey (Kinsey institute anyone?) he didn't exactly buy a child bride but he violated countless children while pursing 'research', and was supported by many universities. Where is the outrage?

I agree completely that the West and other religions are somewhat hypocritical in their/our stance, --- but we are still the best ideology around. We have hypocrites but we do not have an institutionalized system of slavery the way Islam has.

Regards
DL
Next

Return to News and Current Events