It is currently Sat Apr 20, 2019 12:51 pm

Announcement: Registrations are currently disabled. Apologies for any inconvenience caused.

Euro Group head says UK at risk of 'sterling crisis

Discussion of current news and world events.
  • Author

enkidu2368

Praetor-

3 stars

• Thanks Received: 285

Euro Group head says UK at risk of 'sterling crisis

PostFri Mar 08, 2013 7:16 am

The pound’s recent slide could be the start of “a new sterling crisis” sparked by concerns about the state of the public finances, according to the Euro Group’s new president.

This is going to be interesting, I'd keep an eye on this one.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/economics/9916575/Euro-Group-head-says-UK-at-risk-of-sterling-crisis.html
...this world is only play and amusement, pomp and mutual boasting among you, and rivalry in respect of wealth and children, as the likeness of vegetation after rain, thereof the growth is pleasing to the tiller; afterwards it dries up and you see it turning yellow; then it becomes straw. Al-Hadid (020)

Jaynee

1 star

• Thanks Received: 13

Re: Euro Group head says UK at risk of 'sterling crisis

PostFri Mar 08, 2013 6:38 pm

Oh god, we're always on the edge of some damn financial disaster.

Britain will endure, it always does. Only the ice destroys.
Everything else only changes.

Life, especially human life, and the lives that care about whether or not they eat tomorrow, are ephemeral.

We come, we go. We live, we die.
Britain endures.

The land of my mothers, and my mother's mothers, the ground that I walk on, thinks nothing of this.
The stones and the trees laugh as we live our lives like mayflies beneath their gaze.

enkidu2368

Praetor-

3 stars

• Thanks Received: 285

PostFri Mar 08, 2013 8:52 pm

Jaynee wrote:We live, we die.
Britain endures.

The land of my mothers, and my mother's mothers, the ground that I walk on, thinks nothing of this.
The stones and the trees laugh as we live our lives like mayflies beneath their gaze.

*sings land of hope and glory*
:cry:

On a side-note to americans, if you want a good medium to short turn investment return, i'd buy some sterlings pretty soon, as its low as historically fuck!!!

:3
...this world is only play and amusement, pomp and mutual boasting among you, and rivalry in respect of wealth and children, as the likeness of vegetation after rain, thereof the growth is pleasing to the tiller; afterwards it dries up and you see it turning yellow; then it becomes straw. Al-Hadid (020)

Jaynee

1 star

• Thanks Received: 13

PostFri Mar 08, 2013 10:52 pm

You joke. I remember back in the 80's when we practically had parity with the dollar.

No, not land of hope and glory. That's just cruddy imperialism.
That's just a paean to a few generations that lived on this soil and thought they were great.

I'm talking about Britain, though even that is a false idea, because Britain existed long before that name did.

It's the soil, it's the rocks, it's the trees. And one day, all this 'civilisation' you see, the trees will take it back.
I walk barefoot on the soil of my country and know I belong. Not to the red coated soldiers that went out for their thimbleful of transient 'hope and glory'. Not for the knights that once won half of France and called it England. Not for the grey suited men who think they rule.

I stand barefoot on the soil of my country and I hang my washing in the weak winter sun. I hang the clothes of myself, and through that self, all the mothers that came before me. I hang the clothes of my child, and through that child, all the children that will come after and walk barefoot upon this soil.

This land endures. And it is my land.
It is my mother, not my father.
One day I will die and be part of that soil.

Damn the economics and the politics. Soon, that too will be history.

Return to News and Current Events