It is currently Tue Jan 24, 2017 3:08 pm

Announcement: The Vigilant Forums have been reopened! Please see here for further information.

The Walking Dead Discussion Thread

Critical analysis of the entertainment industry and their products, including Music, Movies, TV's & Video Games.
  • Author

Loki

Trickster God

Administrator

3.5 Stars

• Thanks Received: 554

Re: The Walking Dead Discussion Thread

PostTue Dec 27, 2016 8:04 pm

I can always tell you where it is headed next, but it's much more fun to wait and find out.

After the Season 6 finale I became pretty jaded with the show and they only recently got me caring again. That cliffhanger finale left such a bad taste in my mouth it tainted most of this season, which seems quite well done for the most part, despite some pacing issues.

All that said, JDM makes a great Negan and it's easy to love to hate him. I just wish they hadn't tainted his introduction with that cheap cliffhanger. It would have actually been a pretty epic finale had they shown him killing Abe and then they come back for the premiere and he goes on to kill Glenn too.
This message brought to you by My Brain, courtesy of My Fingers.

"We all are to some extent [agnostic]... So yes, I'm an 'agnostic', in as much as I don't actually know what happens when I die. I choose to operate under the assumption that God does not exist. I have no need for God in my life, the concept of a 'God' feels incredibly made up to me. It is not requisite for my every day living. For some people it is. They are 'theistic agnostics,' I am an 'atheistic agnostic.'" - Cara Santa Maria

AndrianaStark

0 stars

• Thanks Received: 11

PostFri Dec 30, 2016 4:47 pm

I agree completely. If they had killed Abe during the season finale, it probably would have been much better. I am still sad about Glenn but I am happy it wasn't Michonne. Michonne and Daryl are my favorites and if they were to get killed off I would honestly be a mess. LOL. Loki, have you read the comics??

Loki

Trickster God

Administrator

3.5 Stars

• Thanks Received: 554

PostFri Dec 30, 2016 9:08 pm

Yes, I'm not fully caught up on the comics, but only behind by like a volume or so.

Hard for me to pick a favorite. I think I'm partial to Rick more than anyone else, but most of the main cast are great so it's hard to really choose. I have Funko Pop figures of Daryl, Hershel, Carol, and Morgan and some nice McFarlane figures of Rick and Michonne, so all of them are/were my favorites I guess haha.
This message brought to you by My Brain, courtesy of My Fingers.

"We all are to some extent [agnostic]... So yes, I'm an 'agnostic', in as much as I don't actually know what happens when I die. I choose to operate under the assumption that God does not exist. I have no need for God in my life, the concept of a 'God' feels incredibly made up to me. It is not requisite for my every day living. For some people it is. They are 'theistic agnostics,' I am an 'atheistic agnostic.'" - Cara Santa Maria

Goku

0 stars

• Thanks Received: 4

PostSat Jan 07, 2017 12:15 am

Negan: You know, I'm thinking, Spencer. I'm thinking how Rick threatened to kill me, how he clearly hates my guts. But he is out there right now, gathering shit for me to make sure I don't hurt any of the fine people that live here. He is swallowing his hate and getting shit done. That takes guts. And then there's you The guy who waited for Rick to be gone so he could sneak over and talk to me to get me to do his dirty work, so he could take Rick's place. So I got to ask - if you wanna take over, why not just kill Rick yourself and just take over?

Spencer Monroe: What? No, no. I didn't - I don't...

Negan: You know what I'm thinking? 'Cause I have a guess.
[Whispering]
Negan: It's because you got no guts.
[Stabs]
Negan: Ohh. How embarrassing. There they are. They were inside you the whole time. You did have guts. I've never been so wrong in my whole life!

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt5207740/tri ... =tt_trv_qu

Epic scene.

Looking forward to it's return :Yay:

AndrianaStark

0 stars

• Thanks Received: 11

PostMon Jan 09, 2017 3:17 pm

Seriously that episode had me on edge. I did NOT expect for it to take that turn. I really do hate Negan more and more as time goes on. Which makes him GREAT at what he does.
Previous

Return to Entertainment Industry