It is currently Fri May 26, 2017 7:30 am

Announcement: The Vigilant Forums have been reopened! Please see here for further information.

Blood Sacrifices

Critical analysis of the entertainment industry and their products, including Music, Movies, TV's & Video Games.
  • Author

Thy Unveiling

Creeper's Creeper

1 star

• Thanks Received: 103

Blood Sacrifices

PostSun Feb 05, 2017 3:23 am

On the recently defunct forums there was a thread where people posted about (possible) blood sacrifices made by celebrities.

I don't particularly have any atm (well...I sorta do) but it was interesting seeing connections others made. Though seeing as the boards are rather quiet overall, I'm not expecting to get any replies. Still, ya never know.

For a long time I wondered if my beloved Weird Al had his parents sacrificed. Their official cause of death (on Friday April 9th 2004) was carbon monoxide poisoning. Which is a real killer, I know. I don't want to think he set anything up. But he did have a decline in popularity and MTV decided he was "too old" for their demographic. I know he was on tour for his Poodle Hat album when he got the call. His reason for not canceling the show that night was along the lines of "My fans say I've helped them through some rough times. Maybe they could do the same for me." And they did. I really, really want to believe there was nothing nefarious....but I don't believe it. His next album was Straight Outta Lynnwood, with the single White and Nerdy. Al was back on the charts.

On a 1996 Al Music special (taking over the music video station for a couple hours to promote Bad Hair Day), they start off with the vj (Bill Welychka, who actually graduated from my old high school) having a coughing fit and requesting "Something! Anything!" to drink. He is handed a clear bottle with the skull and crossbones, drinks from it, then falls to the ground presumably dead. Al comes in (he'd been the one handing over the bottle), kicks at the body, and very nonchalantly says "Welllll....let this be a lesson to you, kids. Always be really specific when you ask for things!!" He glances at Bill on the floor and proceeds to mock the man "Let's not think of this as the end of this sad vj's pathetic life. Let's think of this as the beginning. The beginning of AL MUSIC!!!!! *maniacal laughter ensues*" Yes, yes "TU, that's called acting!" Of course, I know that! And he used the pretense of humour to desensitize his predominantly young audience (which he acknowledged by calling us "kids", unless he expected baby goats were watching) to death and to confront it with an uncaring attitude, even to go so far as to kick and almost taunt the dead. As a kid, I didn't think much of this. Watching the recording on an old VHS the other night, I thought "This is kinda fucked!" (Also fucked; I can still recite much of the dialogue of the special!)

Oh, and on his parody movie trailer skit (probably done in 1997, definitely on The Weird Al Show) called 60% Chance of Rain, there is a moment where he's huddled up with two 8 year old looking girls, an arm around each. A boy approaches from behind and asks "How do we know if it's even gonna rain?" Al rolls his eyes and with much annoyance turns to face the boy. Overall the skit is hilarious (imo) but that brief moment has some undertones that I really don't like. (In case you're wondering what his response to the boy was, it's a very dramatic "That's just it, son: We don't!") You can find a shitty recording of it on YouTube.

Hopefully someone else has something to add, probably not Al related
"It's this house that's gone mad! I'm as sane as can be!" ~ICP; Madhouse

Rainerann

1 star

• Thanks Received: 100

Re: Blood Sacrifices

PostSun Feb 05, 2017 10:52 am

Hmm, the one problem that I have with this suggestion is the method of carbon monoxide. Blood sacrifice requires some blood connection. Both parents dying of carbon monoxide poisoning is weird, but murder isn't usually rewarded. However, a resurgence of success is suspicious so it is understandable to question because nothing is as it seems anymore. Everything is an illusion and no one becomes successful in entertainment without selling out in some way. Its sad. On the whole though, blood sacrifice is going to be a niche. The real problem is the complicit people who become intimidated by people and think they are able to protect them if they keep their secrets.

Thy Unveiling

Creeper's Creeper

1 star

PostSun Feb 05, 2017 5:21 pm

Hmm..you do have a point about the blood. Though we'll never know for sure if there was any blood spilled or not. (Perhaps "the hit man" drew a little from them just before or after death?)

It's such a sick world.

Thy Unveiling

Creeper's Creeper

1 star

PostTue Feb 21, 2017 7:02 am

I don't know if it was a sacrifice or a silencing, but the weirdness and tragedy of Rob Stewart (best known for his Sharkwater documentary, which I highly recommend checking out) disappearing under water then being found dead (yes, I'm aware drowning and death tend to happen when you disappear in the water) strikes me as very Off. I can't help lean towards he was sacrificed and/or silenced. He had such a beautiful golden heart and inspired positive change for the good of our planet and all living things on it. This one really bothers me yet hardly anyone seems to notice or care that another bright light has been put out.

Return to Entertainment Industry