It is currently Fri Mar 22, 2019 3:53 am

Announcement: Registrations are currently disabled. Apologies for any inconvenience caused.

Mayweather vs Manny Pacquiao May 2nd

Critical analysis of the entertainment industry and their products, including Music, Movies, TV's & Video Games.
  • Author

That1kid

0.5 stars

• Thanks Received: 21

Mayweather vs Manny Pacquiao May 2nd

PostWed Apr 22, 2015 6:59 pm

I am very excited for this match. It's the fight everyone has been waiting for. 5 years to be exact and it's hopefully not going to be a boring fight. Anyone here a boxing fan, who do you think is going to win? I myself am in favor of Pacquiao but I'm open for debate and want to discuss what may take place in the ring.

phpBB [video]
Ephesians 6:12
New International Version (NIV)
12 For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms.

Artful Revealer

3 stars

• Thanks Received: 427

Re: Mayweather vs Manny Pacquiao May 2nd

PostThu Apr 23, 2015 8:06 pm

Two opposing styles. Offense vs defense. Gotta admit that Mayweather has an incredible record, though being his own producer/manager he's been able to pick his fights and opponents more strategically. Pacquiao always fought the best. If Mayweather wants to be the best the way he claims to be, he has to defeat the best, which is Pacquiao. I think fear will be a determining factor in this fight. Not fear for the opponent as much as the fear to lose, which will be alot more present in Mayweather considering his chance at losing an unbeaten record + the title of all-time greatest (which won't be based on him beating Pacquiao, but in the way he beats him). On the other hand, that fear factor might just make Mayweather more focused and boost up his defensive skills.

That said, looking at the faces of the guys Pacquiao beat up in the past, the same faces that barely had a scratch when they faced Mayweather, I'm itching to put my money on Pacquiao, but it's a close call either way. 48-52%.

When talking about personal preference however, I sincerely hope Pacquiao beats Mayweather's inflated ego to a pulp.
The greatest trick the Devil ever pulled is convincing the world he is God.

enkidu2368

Praetor-

3 stars

• Thanks Received: 285

PostThu Apr 23, 2015 10:41 pm

I got money on paqi winning 3rd round TKO, will get a few bob if he does :p .
...this world is only play and amusement, pomp and mutual boasting among you, and rivalry in respect of wealth and children, as the likeness of vegetation after rain, thereof the growth is pleasing to the tiller; afterwards it dries up and you see it turning yellow; then it becomes straw. Al-Hadid (020)

Scimitar

Servant of God

4 stars

• Thanks Received: 582

PostMon Apr 27, 2015 9:28 pm

i'm actually going to this fight lol. :) My friend isn't taking no for an answer - it's his birthday pressie to me, a month and half before my actual birthday haha,

I'm supporting Mani, the underdog... we Brits do 'alf love the underdog don't we lol

Scimi

I have nothing to do with any recommendations to join any war on any person , race or community. I do not support ISIS nor any other movement, I seek opportunities to unite mankind, I seek to look at common ground and choose to ignore differences. I do not support violence, I condemn it. I have no affiliations with any promoting of violence be it political, racial or religious.

Kung Fu

2.5 stars

• Thanks Received: 207

PostTue Apr 28, 2015 2:45 pm

If the fight isn't rigged considering all the money that's being poured into this fight, then Manny will most likely come out on top.

CrippledKnight

4 stars

• Thanks Received: 645

PostTue Apr 28, 2015 3:20 pm

You think Paquiao would win? Everyone I know wants him to win. "so do I btw". I just... I just don't think it will happen. Even though I want it to... Everyone wants to see Mayweather's pride being flushed down the toilet.

Artful Revealer

3 stars

PostTue Apr 28, 2015 10:03 pm

Ok, a prognosis: Mayweather wins on points after 12 rounds. People will call bull and they will have a rematch and another 200 million dollars to share among them.

CrippledKnight

4 stars

• Thanks Received: 645

PostTue Apr 28, 2015 10:54 pm

It sucks a little bit but seems like the most possible scenario.

200 mil...

TonyVanDam

2 stars

• Thanks Received: 70

PostThu Apr 30, 2015 6:43 pm

That1kid wrote:I am very excited for this match. It's the fight everyone has been waiting for. 5 years to be exact and it's hopefully not going to be a boring fight. Anyone here a boxing fan, who do you think is going to win? I myself am in favor of Pacquiao but I'm open for debate and want to discuss what may take place in the ring.

phpBB [video]

I predict Pacquiao wins via KO within 10 rounds. :mrgreen:

Artful Revealer

3 stars

PostSat May 02, 2015 9:41 pm

Ok, final prognosis: Pacman wins with TKO in round 10.
Next

Return to Entertainment Industry