It is currently Mon May 27, 2019 11:32 am

Announcement: Registrations are currently disabled. Apologies for any inconvenience caused.

Mayweather vs Manny Pacquiao May 2nd

Critical analysis of the entertainment industry and their products, including Music, Movies, TV's & Video Games.
  • Author

That1kid

0.5 stars

• Thanks Received: 21

Re: Mayweather vs Manny Pacquiao May 2nd

PostSun May 03, 2015 5:32 am

The results are in, Mayweather defeats Manny in the fight. It was pretty much the same thing Mayweather always does, run around the ring being defensive. Manny didn't throw as many punches as I expected but overall, it was still an exciting match to see. Though for me at the same time, very predictable and got boring for me. I can see all the Mayweather fans now. lol I just wanted to see Mayweather, a guy who has so much pride and ego, to lose to a Man of God. Unfortunately, it is what it is. There will be no rematch either.
Ephesians 6:12
New International Version (NIV)
12 For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms.

Cisco

Accidental Tourist

2 stars

• Thanks Received: 217

PostSun May 03, 2015 8:55 am

Fixed imo

I feel like Pac totally dominated the entire fight.

I was arguing with like 10 people about this bs lol

Pac felt like he won, too.

I can't believe they called it like they did. Not the same fight I watched.

What do I know, tho. It's whatever. Just another drunken night.

Artful Revealer

3 stars

• Thanks Received: 427

PostTue May 05, 2015 12:44 am

I also had the impression that Pacquiao bossed the ring and should've been the clear winner. But looking at the final stats after the game, I was surprised it was so one-side in favour of Mayweather:

| Show Quote

But I still saw the game with my own eyes and the stats do not seem to reflect the balance of power at all. Perhaps the problem with those stats is that they're pretty selective. If juries would take all aspects of the fight into account, then we might've had the result we expected:

| Show Quote

Now I can relate to what I saw that night. Like I said before, you don't become an alltime greatest just because you beat someone, but it's in the way you fight over the span of your career. He might have the belt around his waiste, but I'm thinking someone else is the people's champ.
The greatest trick the Devil ever pulled is convincing the world he is God.

Sarge

Heterodox Innovator

1.5 stars

• Thanks Received: 98

PostWed May 27, 2015 2:13 pm

@Artful, for the love of god its a fight, not a game. And there i was putting together a reply to that cherrrypicking shyte ur on

I gave Mayweather 9 rounds, Pacquiao 3.

Mayweather is arguably the greatest defensive fighter to ever grace the squared circle.

Absolutely nothing in that fight from Pacquaio. Alot of experts were expecting his typical aggression, flurries and lateral movement. HE HAD NOTHING. Can't hit what you can't catch.

That is just a testament to Floyd's boxing intellect and his conditioning.

Lost all respect for Pacquiao after those excuses. I've also injured my rotator cuff during a fight before, and it happened when i was missing with the big hooks. I don't believe any of that shit, and neither do other boxers. Someone needs to spell it out to him, SORE LOSER.

I have beef with Mayweather for his abusive past, but there is absolutely no denying he is one of the greatest boxers to ever do it. He has cemented that legacy.

Maybe not for Philipinos and casual fans, but they will come around and appreciate it once he retires.

Artful Revealer

3 stars

• Thanks Received: 427

PostSat May 30, 2015 10:27 am

Not only is his excuse pretty lame, but he could be rightfully sued by people who paid a lot of cash for a ticket, for withholding that information.

Other than that, take what was said with a grain of salt. It's sports. You know people lose all rationale when it comes down to sports :P
The greatest trick the Devil ever pulled is convincing the world he is God.

Sarge

Heterodox Innovator

1.5 stars

• Thanks Received: 98

PostFri Jun 12, 2015 5:38 am

Artful Revealer wrote:Not only is his excuse pretty lame, but he could be rightfully sued by people who paid a lot of cash for a ticket, for withholding that information.

Other than that, take what was said with a grain of salt. It's sports. You know people lose all rationale when it comes down to sports :P

Lame excuse from a sore loser Pacman

Immediately after the fight he was like "i couldnt catch him, he was too quick"

2 hours later at press conference "my shoulder was injured"
Previous

Return to Entertainment Industry