It is currently Fri Nov 22, 2019 3:10 am

Announcement: Registrations are currently disabled. Apologies for any inconvenience caused.

The Walking Dead Discussion Thread

Critical analysis of the entertainment industry and their products, including Music, Movies, TV's & Video Games.
  • Author

Loki

Trickster God

Administrator

4 stars

• Thanks Received: 875

The Walking Dead Discussion Thread

PostFri Mar 01, 2013 3:07 pm

Figured I'd get this ready for this weekends episode.

This message brought to you by My Brain, courtesy of My Fingers.

"We all are to some extent [agnostic]... So yes, I'm an 'agnostic', in as much as I don't actually know what happens when I die. I choose to operate under the assumption that God does not exist. I have no need for God in my life, the concept of a 'God' feels incredibly made up to me. It is not requisite for my every day living. For some people it is. They are 'theistic agnostics,' I am an 'atheistic agnostic.'" - Cara Santa Maria

LunaRabbit

1 star

• Thanks Received: 47

Re: The Walking Dead Discussion Thread

PostFri Mar 01, 2013 10:22 pm

Just started season 2 and am about to die from stress it causes. Haha. Will have to catch up this weekend.

Is there a lot of symbolism? I haven't noticed any so far.

Loki

Trickster God

Administrator

4 stars

PostFri Mar 01, 2013 10:41 pm

I haven't noticed a lot really. Someone pointed out a triquetra (I believe that's it) on Michonne's sword hilt (you haven't met her yet) and then *Spoiler* the Governor loses an eye, so I guess that could be considered one-eye symbolism.

"We all are to some extent [agnostic]... So yes, I'm an 'agnostic', in as much as I don't actually know what happens when I die. I choose to operate under the assumption that God does not exist. I have no need for God in my life, the concept of a 'God' feels incredibly made up to me. It is not requisite for my every day living. For some people it is. They are 'theistic agnostics,' I am an 'atheistic agnostic.'" - Cara Santa Maria

B.Moshay

Revolutionary

3 stars

• Thanks Received: 403

PostSat Mar 02, 2013 2:19 am

Woodchuck wrote:I haven't noticed a lot really. Someone pointed out a triquetra (I believe that's it) on Michonne's sword hilt (you haven't met her yet) and then *Spoiler* the Governor loses an eye, so I guess that could be considered one-eye symbolism.

*Facepalm*

The one eye thing never even dawned on me!

Oh and thanks for starting the discussion back up. We're missing a few of the others who were main contributors, I hope they find their way here!!
It's a bullshit three ring circus sideshow of freaks
http://instagram.com/bonafide_reality

CrippledKnight

4 stars

• Thanks Received: 645

PostSat Mar 02, 2013 3:45 am

lol woodchuk mate please add a few spaces before the spoilers. :cry:

LunaRabbit

1 star

• Thanks Received: 47

PostSat Mar 02, 2013 5:38 pm

Good lord, just watched the last episode of season 2. WHAAAAAAT?

*SPOILER*

What the heck is the dude with the katana and two armless pet walkers?!?! This series just got 1000x more cool.

B.Moshay

Revolutionary

3 stars

PostSat Mar 02, 2013 7:02 pm

LunaRabbit wrote:Good lord, just watched the last episode of season 2. WHAAAAAAT?

*SPOILER*

What the heck is the dude with the katana and two armless pet walkers?!?! This series just got 1000x more cool.

SPOILER RESPONSE

it's actually a woman and her name is Michonne! She's becomes a main character on season 3.

Loki

Trickster God

Administrator

4 stars

PostSat Mar 02, 2013 9:20 pm

CrippledKnight wrote:lol woodchuk mate please add a few spaces before the spoilers. :cry:

Well since I posted the Season 3 advertisement at the top showing him with one eye I figured "fuck it". I'll do the white font thing in the future :P

B.Moshay

Revolutionary

3 stars

PostMon Mar 04, 2013 3:06 am

SPOILER ALERT*****

Omg what an episode! Samara was right about Morgan and Duane. Sort of a let down to me that Morgan wouldn't go with Rick.

They showed them as being pretty savage though with how they just ignored that man crying for help on the road. Then they snatched his stuff up :/

Loki

Trickster God

Administrator

4 stars

PostMon Mar 04, 2013 3:25 am

Eh, I'm so jaded I was cheering for them to leave that guy. How in the world did he survive that long is what I'm wondering. Great episode though. Did Morgan remind anyone else of Denzel Washington?

Next

Return to Entertainment Industry