It is currently Mon May 27, 2019 11:46 am

Announcement: Registrations are currently disabled. Apologies for any inconvenience caused.

The Walking Dead Discussion Thread

Critical analysis of the entertainment industry and their products, including Music, Movies, TV's & Video Games.
  • Author

jashutson13

Funnyfarm escapee

2 stars

• Thanks Received: 145

Re: The Walking Dead Discussion Thread

PostThu Mar 20, 2014 12:47 pm

I can't believe what that girl did ,smh that was messed up ,poor little sister.
    Loki: Well when a man loves another man....

B.Moshay

Revolutionary

3 stars

• Thanks Received: 403

PostFri Mar 21, 2014 2:55 am

Loki wrote:I guess it's possible that they don't make it to Terminus, but the common TV trope is that if you mention something important early in the season (or mid-season in this case) then you will see that something by the finale of that season. But perhaps they will just see it and not actually reach it. That type of ending would leave high anticipation for next season and the casting team would have the entire off-season to cast the important new characters.

I've heard rumors that the guy who took Beth could be a character from the comic book, which wouldn't really mesh with his comic version but could make sense if he thought he was saving Beth from Daryl or something. But if he was intending to abduct her for more malevolent reasons it wouldn't mesh. Though it wouldn't be the first time they changed a character and their motivations of course.

Yeah I think they'll find Terminus in the like the last 5 minutes of the episode just to leave everyone hanging :Grump:

Hmm interesting about Beth, you may be right. As far as I can tell maybe they didn't know about Daryl and were just rescuing Beth? Even if she said "hey my friend is in there" they could just say "We're not going back, the place got overran he probably didn't make it".

jashutson13 wrote:I can't believe what that girl did ,smh that was messed up ,poor little sister.

Me too! I can honestly say I was shocked. I didn't see that coming. I thought maybe she would do something to end up getting herself killed not kill Mika. She was about to kill Judith too, smh.

I was also surprised to see Carol take Lizzie out too.. Best option for the circumstance though, IMO. She would have gotten them killed and just letting her go would be more inhuman than what they did.
It's a bullshit three ring circus sideshow of freaks
http://instagram.com/bonafide_reality

Loki

Trickster God

Administrator

4 stars

• Thanks Received: 875

PostTue Mar 25, 2014 2:42 pm

I'm starting to think I might have been wrong about Terminus. I thought it was going to correlate with a place they end up in the comics but it seems a bit too good to be true at this point and since I thought they were going to skip another part now I'm thinking they may have just blended the two. Or perhaps they just want to mess with the comic readers and so they are making it intentionally confusing. But even if that's the case I'm glad because it keeps me more interested to see what happens.
This message brought to you by My Brain, courtesy of My Fingers.

"We all are to some extent [agnostic]... So yes, I'm an 'agnostic', in as much as I don't actually know what happens when I die. I choose to operate under the assumption that God does not exist. I have no need for God in my life, the concept of a 'God' feels incredibly made up to me. It is not requisite for my every day living. For some people it is. They are 'theistic agnostics,' I am an 'atheistic agnostic.'" - Cara Santa Maria

Loki

Trickster God

Administrator

4 stars

PostMon Mar 31, 2014 6:11 pm

How 'bout that finale?

"We all are to some extent [agnostic]... So yes, I'm an 'agnostic', in as much as I don't actually know what happens when I die. I choose to operate under the assumption that God does not exist. I have no need for God in my life, the concept of a 'God' feels incredibly made up to me. It is not requisite for my every day living. For some people it is. They are 'theistic agnostics,' I am an 'atheistic agnostic.'" - Cara Santa Maria

kd25

0 stars

• Thanks Received: 10

PostMon Mar 31, 2014 11:55 pm

Rick answers. “They’re going to feel pretty stupid when they find out.”

Abraham: “Find out what?”

Rick: “They’re screwing with the wrong people.”

B.Moshay

Revolutionary

3 stars

PostWed Apr 02, 2014 3:25 pm

Loki wrote:How 'bout that finale?

It was great! A major cliffhanger for next season..

I was glad to see Rick get some bawls back :Rofl:

I had a very creepy feeling about Terminus and I guess I was right.

Loki

Trickster God

Administrator

4 stars

PostWed Apr 02, 2014 3:30 pm

I've noticed that I've started reacting to every show I watch as if it's The Walking Dead and the end of the world. So if somebody is being a dick in another show I'm like, "Just shoot that fucker in the head and move on."

B.Moshay

Revolutionary

3 stars

PostWed Apr 02, 2014 3:44 pm

LOL I do know what you mean. If I watch a marathon or several episodes in a row I have a sense that I am part of it after I start watching. Like I'll walk in my basement and peek around like I am on the lookout or I'll see an everyday object and be like "yep, I can take a zombie out with this". :Rofl:

THIS SHOW IS DESENSITIZING US TO VIOLENCE!! Lol well I will say this show is definitely for adults only.

Loki

Trickster God

Administrator

4 stars

PostWed Apr 02, 2014 4:05 pm

Yeah... Rick went buckwild on that rapist. rightfully so, I was cheering him on. Though, for that one they didn't really show it so much, it was mostly inference which children wouldn't understand more than likely. But I think a good rule of thumb is no kids under 16 or 17 should be watching the show.

I heard that they are selling reruns to some network that will have to edit the episodes so they achieve a PG-13 rating. That is a bit disconcerting.

B.Moshay

Revolutionary

3 stars

PostWed Apr 02, 2014 4:12 pm

Meh I don't think that is a very good idea to market it to the younger crowd by making it PG-13. It will take away from the quality of the show plus it's just a mature show and the comic even more so. They should just leave it on AMC unedited as it is.
PreviousNext

Return to Entertainment Industry