It is currently Mon May 27, 2019 11:04 am

Announcement: Registrations are currently disabled. Apologies for any inconvenience caused.

The Walking Dead Discussion Thread

Critical analysis of the entertainment industry and their products, including Music, Movies, TV's & Video Games.
  • Author

Loki

Trickster God

Administrator

4 stars

• Thanks Received: 875

Re: The Walking Dead Discussion Thread

PostWed Apr 02, 2014 4:18 pm

I agree. And it will still be on AMC of course, they are just branching it out to a younger audience for whatever reason.

I also recently heard that the spin-off show is going to be a prequel. That sounds less itneresting to me, though you would think we might actually get to see what causes the zombie virus, but I doubt it. Plus, I thought Breaking Bad was already the prequel haha.
This message brought to you by My Brain, courtesy of My Fingers.

"We all are to some extent [agnostic]... So yes, I'm an 'agnostic', in as much as I don't actually know what happens when I die. I choose to operate under the assumption that God does not exist. I have no need for God in my life, the concept of a 'God' feels incredibly made up to me. It is not requisite for my every day living. For some people it is. They are 'theistic agnostics,' I am an 'atheistic agnostic.'" - Cara Santa Maria

B.Moshay

Revolutionary

3 stars

• Thanks Received: 403

PostWed Apr 02, 2014 5:01 pm

Huh, I had to look that one up! I just think they are nods to one another though.

I just finished Breaking Bad and I thought it was good but the ending felt very rushed. I wonder if they rushed it off the air because The Walking Dead blew up so big?
It's a bullshit three ring circus sideshow of freaks
http://instagram.com/bonafide_reality

Loki

Trickster God

Administrator

4 stars

PostWed Apr 02, 2014 5:04 pm

Well I think they probably ran the course of the story but didn't fully allow themselves enough space in the season to wrap it up like some might have wanted. But it is telling that the series finale for BB had like 6.9 mil viewers and the season finale for TWD just hade I think 15.9 mil haha. Breaking Bad was so good though, just didn't appeal as much as zombies I guess.

"We all are to some extent [agnostic]... So yes, I'm an 'agnostic', in as much as I don't actually know what happens when I die. I choose to operate under the assumption that God does not exist. I have no need for God in my life, the concept of a 'God' feels incredibly made up to me. It is not requisite for my every day living. For some people it is. They are 'theistic agnostics,' I am an 'atheistic agnostic.'" - Cara Santa Maria

B.Moshay

Revolutionary

3 stars

PostWed Apr 02, 2014 5:30 pm

Yeah I liked it a lot too and since I watched it already knowing that it was going to end in 5 seasons I kept wondering how it was going to wrap up so quickly while I was watching season 4. I felt like it could have went another 2 seasons of quality TV. It was a great run though, I thoroughly enjoyed the acting and felt the character development was phenomenal. Amc does a good job with their character based shows.

Loki

Trickster God

Administrator

4 stars

PostWed Apr 02, 2014 5:37 pm

AMC is on top of their game. Other than like HBO I'd say they are in charge of really quality TV and leading the Golden Age of television. From Breaking Bad to Mad Men to The Walking Dead to Hell on Wheels to The Killing it's all pretty great television. I heard Midwinter Sun or whatever kind of flopped, but Turn looks like an intriguing period drama.

B.Moshay

Revolutionary

3 stars

PostMon Oct 13, 2014 3:30 pm

The premiere was soooo good! Got me all excited for this season.

I had a feeling Carol was going to save the day. So glad she did.

Loki

Trickster God

Administrator

4 stars

PostMon Oct 13, 2014 3:44 pm

B.Moshay wrote:The premiere was soooo good! Got me all excited for this season.

I had a feeling Carol was going to save the day. So glad she did.

Yeah this was a legit premiere. I think a lot of people were afraid they'd all hostaged at Terminus for several episodes, but it barely took ten minutes for Rick to start shivving people. His "fuck everyone but us" attitude is completely redeeming his mopiness from Season 3/4. Also, it was really startling to see how large their core group is now when they all finally got back together. The bad part is that there are pretty much no red shirts (expendable characters) in the group anymore except maybe the three new additions of Eugen, Rosita, and Abraham. So either people we care about are gonna start dying or they will meet a few new people soon to appease the zombie gods.

Highlights of the episode:

Carol being a bad ass.
Tyrese being a bad ass.
Rick being a bad ass.
Morgan showing up like a bad ass.

Cons:

Judith is still alive. Fuck.

Loki

Trickster God

Administrator

4 stars

PostMon Oct 20, 2014 1:20 pm

Damn it, I knew Bob was gonna get bit when him and Sasha were too happy. He was one of the more expendable characters, so I sort of get it, I just liked Sasha being happy damn it.

Good news is that this small arc is straight out of the comics and I thought they were going to skip it originally so I'm very excited for the next episode or two.

jashutson13

Funnyfarm escapee

2 stars

• Thanks Received: 145

PostSun Dec 25, 2016 1:57 am

I was traumatised by glenns death, I am still traumatised by it. Nice to see Carol got her own place. Hope to see neegan go down.
    Loki: Well when a man loves another man....

AndrianaStark

0 stars

• Thanks Received: 55

PostTue Dec 27, 2016 6:56 pm

Nothing would satisfy me more than to see Negan's death. The way they did the mid-season finale was amazing. The show gets better each season. I am curious to see where they would go after this whole Negan charade is over. I wonder how the writers will keep it interesting.
PreviousNext

Return to Entertainment Industry