It is currently Fri May 24, 2019 10:02 pm

Announcement: Registrations are currently disabled. Apologies for any inconvenience caused.

How far would you go to lose weight?

Environmental issues, staying in optimal health and avoiding poisons in everyday foods.
  • Author

pphhooeenniixx

0 stars

• Thanks Received: 4

Re: How far would you go to lose weight?

PostFri Jun 14, 2013 4:49 am

I would say weight loss is about 70% WHAT you eat and only 30% exercise. In the end, weight is not a definitive of health either. How did I lose weight and in the process become healthier? No refined ANYTHING, no processed ANYTHING, no wheat products. All the delicious veggies and various protein sources I could fit into my gaping maw. Watch my macronutrients and make sure I was getting my main energy source from fat rather than carbs. Of course, I try to keep active and on my feet, but I'm not really about "working out" and I know most human beings aren't either.
I've lost a lot of weight since January eating delicious food and going hiking on the weekends. I can't for the life of me fathom how someone could decide sewing an expensive and painful patch on their tongue in some sort of forced anorexia was preferable to a couple simple lifestyle changes. Besides, whoever actually does this won't be healthy from weight loss and will most likely gain it all back.

Why have we decided the appearance of emaciation is more important than being healthy and fit?

aphrodite

1 star

• Thanks Received: 56

PostFri Sep 05, 2014 3:25 pm

Kendrick wrote:I am doing hard workout along with strict diet plan to lose my extra 50 pounds.
I spend at least one and half hour on my daily exercise to burn the fat around my belly and in all body.
My diet contain on only raw vegetables, fruits juices, green tea, and some organic proteins.
I have lost 15 pounds in two months and 35 pounds are still remaining.

That's pretty good :thumbup: and a lot of hard work! :clap:

:Worship:
"Minds are like parachutes...they only function when they are open." Thomas Dewar

hermes

1 star

• Thanks Received: 80

PostSat Sep 06, 2014 4:36 pm

OP is quite on point... I thought I'd add one thing... Gain more muscle and you'll lose more fat in the long run.
"Any dictator would admire the uniformity and obedience of the U.S. media."- Noam Chomsky

Onyx

Chocolate Fondue

3.5 Stars

• Thanks Received: 487

PostWed Sep 10, 2014 6:07 pm

I actually lost about 50 lbs and I can now fit into clothes that I wore in high school. All I did was cut out sugar, carbonated drinks, and caffeine, I eat more fruits and veggies, drink hella amounts of water and of course I work out like a beast. Cheerleading + squats + yoga = one sexy ass Onyx :) lol
Darkness can not drive out darkness, only light can do that. Hate can not drive out hate, only LOVE can do that!~ Martin Luther King Jr

Loki

Trickster God

Administrator

4 stars

• Thanks Received: 875

PostWed Sep 10, 2014 6:17 pm

Good job Onyx! It just feels better to be in good shape. When people say they hate working out I totally get it because sometimes I hate it too and I'm nto motivated. But when you're in good shape it just feels so much better so the grind is worth it. Nowadays if I don't work out for three days in a row I feel cruddy.

Now if I could only develop a fondness for fruits and veggies akin to my fondness for pizza and hamburgers I'd feel even better.
This message brought to you by My Brain, courtesy of My Fingers.

"We all are to some extent [agnostic]... So yes, I'm an 'agnostic', in as much as I don't actually know what happens when I die. I choose to operate under the assumption that God does not exist. I have no need for God in my life, the concept of a 'God' feels incredibly made up to me. It is not requisite for my every day living. For some people it is. They are 'theistic agnostics,' I am an 'atheistic agnostic.'" - Cara Santa Maria

Onyx

Chocolate Fondue

3.5 Stars

• Thanks Received: 487

PostWed Sep 10, 2014 6:24 pm

I'm that way sometimes, Loki. I wont feel like working out at all and I'll have to make myself do it but afterwards I feel so much better. Especially when I do my yoga. Yoga twice a week, cheerleading thrice a week and squats everyday. Now don't get me wrong, I will still grab a burger every now and then but I keep stuff like grapes, apples, melon, and carrots on hand for a quick snack instead of chips, cookies and snack cakes lol And I will die before someone takes my bacon away. I will die a thousand deaths.... seriously lol
Darkness can not drive out darkness, only light can do that. Hate can not drive out hate, only LOVE can do that!~ Martin Luther King Jr

Loki

Trickster God

Administrator

4 stars

• Thanks Received: 875

PostWed Sep 10, 2014 7:00 pm

I've actually started eating organic cereal and snacks which gives me a bit more energy throughout the day, no trans fats and all that stuff that really drags you down.
This message brought to you by My Brain, courtesy of My Fingers.

"We all are to some extent [agnostic]... So yes, I'm an 'agnostic', in as much as I don't actually know what happens when I die. I choose to operate under the assumption that God does not exist. I have no need for God in my life, the concept of a 'God' feels incredibly made up to me. It is not requisite for my every day living. For some people it is. They are 'theistic agnostics,' I am an 'atheistic agnostic.'" - Cara Santa Maria

Scimitar

Servant of God

4 stars

• Thanks Received: 582

PostWed Sep 10, 2014 7:12 pm

run every other day, just because it feels good to splash puddles and kick up dog shit :D No, really, I never was a fat lad, or big or anything - infact, i was the slimbo and so I took advantage of the fact and gotn heavily into martial arts in my early teens to late twenties... but since I gave up martial art, i started to run. Light jogs at first for a few miles - then sprints and now in summer, I try to do some parkour as well as "ups n downs running" the latter really works the diaphragm and builds stamina unlike anything else I have tried.

Being a smoker, I find that running is the ultimate antidote to the effects of tar and nicotine, ofcourse, not smoking would be ideal, but hey - that's another battle i'm still fighting. The last one from my "addictions" set !

And no, I don't consider coffee an addiction :D

Scimi

I have nothing to do with any recommendations to join any war on any person , race or community. I do not support ISIS nor any other movement, I seek opportunities to unite mankind, I seek to look at common ground and choose to ignore differences. I do not support violence, I condemn it. I have no affiliations with any promoting of violence be it political, racial or religious.

naturesenergies112

0 stars

• Thanks Received: 1

PostSat Nov 01, 2014 8:54 am

Now if you multiply your daily calorie deficit by 7, you get your total weekly calorie deficit. Since 1 pound of fat has 3500 calories, you can estimate how many pounds of fat you can lose each week (usually 1-2 pounds) based on your weekly calorie deficit.

organicsfs

0 stars

• Thanks Received: 1

PostThu Dec 11, 2014 8:09 am

You can manage to lose weight without torturing yourself. It just takes some discipline and making some changes in your daily diet. Like drinking a glass of milk or a cup of tea before each meal, watching your calorie intake, eating food that takes time to digest, and eating slowly.

You may try eating superfoods like Garcinia Cambogia fruit which is considered as one of the most effective superfood for weight control without the need for diet and exercise. It contains HCA, hydroxycitric Acidity that suppresses appetite and burns up fats in the body.

Or drinking Green Coffee beans where you lose the extra baggage without any exercise. GC beans did not undergo the roasting process (like in regular coffee beans), thus retaining a rich amount of Chologenic acids (CGA) that slows down absorption of glucose from food intake resulting in an increased metabolic rate.

I’m drinking green coffee not to lose weight, I like the way it boosts me up in the morning and it tastes way smoother than roasted coffee beans. :thumbup:

You may get these two superfoods in supplement form and for a good quality Garcinia Cambogia extract and Organic Green Coffee Bean extract you may want to visit the link below.
http://organicsfs.com/brand/organic-superfoods-store/
PreviousNext

Return to Health and Nature