It is currently Fri Nov 22, 2019 2:09 am

Announcement: Registrations are currently disabled. Apologies for any inconvenience caused.

The (Coveted) Thigh Gap?

Environmental issues, staying in optimal health and avoiding poisons in everyday foods.
  • Author

Cheers

3 stars

• Thanks Received: 216

The (Coveted) Thigh Gap?

PostMon Oct 14, 2013 12:43 pm

GOOD MORNING, VIGILANT FORUMS! :Grin:

I wandered into "real life Barbies" territory on youtube, which led to a news report on something that is supposedly quite coveted, atm, among young women:

The Thigh Gap... what the hell is this?

Here:

phpBB [video]

I thought that had to do with the way your bones are put together... not your weight-

I was right- :grin:

What are thigh gaps?

... and why you probably aren’t going to get one from weight loss
.....................................................................................................................

If you have been apart of tumblr for long enough or have wanted to lose weight at some point while on tumblr you’d notice a lot of blogs in the “thinspiration” community have a desire for thigh gaps.

What is a thigh gap you may ask? Essentially it’s a gap between a persons thighs, preferably desired by women.

Why do people want one?

No idea.

Chances are if you are trying to get one by losing weight for whatever reason then you may not be able to get it.

“BUT WHY?!” you may cry. Very simple, my dear person.

It’s all about your skeleton.
~

You cannot change the structure of your skeleton very easily (and it would be painful if you could. For example: child birth)

Some people are naturally able to have a thigh gap at a certain size, but that doesn’t automatically mean that you have to very thin. People who are at different sizes can have them but can every fit/thin person have one? No

Fact of the matter is that you probably won’t get one and it’s not a big deal. You don’t die if you don’t have one, and no one really cares about them as much as you do persons-who-want-a-thigh-gap-who-is-reading-this.

There are two main reasons for why you probably won’t get one even if you lose weight.

One reason why you won’t get one is because of your hips.

If you have narrow hips it’ll be a bit harder to obtain.

Here are some examples:

You can’t really change your genetics or bone structure…so…

Although, some of you might be thinking “fuck yeah! I have wide hips I’m going to get a thigh gap!!”

Sorry but that also might not be the case. The second reason for why you probably won’t get one is because of your legs.

Let me explain a bit.

This is what the leg bones look like when you’re standing

So because your femurs are going in-ward like the image above it would be difficult to obtain a thigh gap even if you have wide hips. Also considering that you also have muscle, skin, fat, veins, around your bones to make, well, legs. It would be hard to achieve it. You need these things to you know, move.

Also remember that people on tumblr stick out their butts, straighten their legs, bending forward with their heels apart, or stand with their feet wider apart for the illusion for a thigh gap in these photos. So really, if they can’t have one naturally what’s the chances of you having one?

Here is a great example:

Link-

The difference is she's leaning over in the first pic-

I just smh

And here's this (veryhot) guy's commentary on why it DOESN'T MATTER:

phpBB [video]

Good stuff- :Smile:

Anyone else heard of this nonsense?
ImageImage HAPPY! ImageImage

CrippledKnight

4 stars

• Thanks Received: 645

Re: The (Coveted) Thigh Gap?

PostMon Oct 14, 2013 3:09 pm

This HAS to be a semi-cultural thing. Latinas, specially Puerto Rican ones and Cubans. Mostly aim or are proud of their big behinds and thighs. Of course, not a weird deformed one. If now volume and shape.

As for me? I kinda got a thing for normal women. As weird as it soounds I think ginger girls are pretty cute. Most people make very nasty remarks about their skin colors while I actually like the red and white combination :D

No but in all seriousness. Slim and slender is pretty, skinny is... Well it all spends on taste. But there's healthy skinny then there's wth just happened skinny.

Some females may sadly want to aim for the wth just happened be a use of their thigh form may be different.

Can't really see the huge plus in attraction "even though referenced here".

Shame on you, making me look at all those thighs :Wink:
Last edited by CrippledKnight on Mon Oct 14, 2013 5:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Anarki

2 stars

• Thanks Received: 233

PostMon Oct 14, 2013 4:53 pm

I remember this in high-school haha, or at least a rumor about it.

Everyone would go around and say you could tell if people were virgins or not because of their thigh gap \ weight. They would say that girls with larger gaps between their thighs were "obviously promiscuous" (depending on their weight) while girls who did not have said gap (depending on their weight) were still virgins. Weight didn't play to much of a role, it was rather more of the size of their thighs and the size of the gap between. Most of the guys were the ones who would discuss it and be reasonably skeptical at first but then there were a lot of girls who would add to the rumor \ pass it on and since the male population was pretty gullible when dealing with rumors passed on by the females they went along with it. But that was like from seventh grade till about tenth grade when people actually started taking health classes or no one cared any longer.

Now keep in mind that is just a bunch of kids in a public high-school but that is what I remember about it.

Looking back I can see how it was pretty ignorant of kids to discuss things of that nature but I do find it funny that such a baseless idea was put around and that most of the male population went along with it as if it were fact due to under-education on such things.
This ain't a movie, I'm not a fan or a groupie. And I'm not that type of cat you can afford to miss if you shoot me.

Anarki

2 stars

• Thanks Received: 233

PostMon Oct 14, 2013 4:58 pm

Article: How to Get a Thigh Gap
Link: http://www.wikihow.com/Get-a-Thigh-Gap

Tumblr: FuckYeahThighGap
Link: http://fuckyeahthighgap.tumblr.com/

(Personal Opinion: I think that most of the girls on that tumblr look as if their legs are like stilts. They are waaay to thin and should put some meat on their bones as I have seen plenty of healthy and beautiful women with thigh gaps ((not that thigh gaps define beauty)).)

Article: US teens' dangerous obsession with the 'thigh gap'
Link: http://www.jamaicaobserver.com/magazine ... -_15190027
This ain't a movie, I'm not a fan or a groupie. And I'm not that type of cat you can afford to miss if you shoot me.

enkidu2368

Praetor-

3 stars

• Thanks Received: 286

PostMon Oct 14, 2013 5:13 pm

Anarki wrote:I remember this in high-school haha, or at least a rumor about it.

Everyone would go around and say you could tell if people were virgins or not because of their thigh gap \ weight. They would say that girls with larger gaps between their thighs were "obviously promiscuous" (depending on their weight) while girls who did not have said gap (depending on their weight) were still virgins.

I'm not being crude (i am really), but in my general experience, not just rumor, girls who have that gap have tighter, yunnoe...Which looking at that skeleton might explain it...

edit- then again, that could have just been because they were skinnier.
...this world is only play and amusement, pomp and mutual boasting among you, and rivalry in respect of wealth and children, as the likeness of vegetation after rain, thereof the growth is pleasing to the tiller; afterwards it dries up and you see it turning yellow; then it becomes straw. Al-Hadid (020)

Failboat

1.5 stars

• Thanks Received: 119

PostMon Oct 14, 2013 6:37 pm

I've heard of this back in my high school / middle school days. A lot of people had eating disorders and used this trait as Thinspiration.

Totally ridiculous but true, girls in my school aspired to this.

Also, Cheers I can't see the vids? Maybe it's my iPad, not sure.

Do men really even notice that particular trait though? Smh.

enkidu2368

Praetor-

3 stars

• Thanks Received: 286

PostMon Oct 14, 2013 6:43 pm

Failboat wrote:

*Actually finds it a bit of a turnoff tbh with you...
...this world is only play and amusement, pomp and mutual boasting among you, and rivalry in respect of wealth and children, as the likeness of vegetation after rain, thereof the growth is pleasing to the tiller; afterwards it dries up and you see it turning yellow; then it becomes straw. Al-Hadid (020)

CrippledKnight

4 stars

• Thanks Received: 645

PostMon Oct 14, 2013 6:44 pm

I really consider the face, hair, and eyes one of the most important features.

In many occasions I've seen a relatively attractive woman from behind that has suddenly turned around making it a very "whoa sh!+, wtf" moment.

Cheers

3 stars

PostMon Oct 14, 2013 8:33 pm

Failboat wrote:I've heard of this back in my high school / middle school days. A lot of people had eating disorders and used this trait as Thinspiration.

Totally ridiculous but true, girls in my school aspired to this.

Also, Cheers I can't see the vids? Maybe it's my iPad, not sure.

Oh... anyone else having trouble with the videos?

And yeah, it's ridiculous... and pointless if you don't have the bone structure for it-

Cheers

3 stars

PostMon Oct 14, 2013 8:42 pm

Anarki wrote:Article: How to Get a Thigh Gap
Link: http://www.wikihow.com/Get-a-Thigh-Gap

Tumblr: FuckYeahThighGap
Link: http://fuckyeahthighgap.tumblr.com/

(Personal Opinion: I think that most of the girls on that tumblr look as if their legs are like stilts. They are waaay to thin and should put some meat on their bones as I have seen plenty of healthy and beautiful women with thigh gaps ((not that thigh gaps define beauty)).)

Article: US teens' dangerous obsession with the 'thigh gap'
Link: http://www.jamaicaobserver.com/magazine ... -_15190027

Damn.... from your link:

I don't know why anyone would want to look like this- :Tongue:
Next

Return to Health and Nature