It is currently Thu Jan 17, 2019 7:03 pm

Announcement: Registrations are currently disabled. Apologies for any inconvenience caused.

Healthy Living

Environmental issues, staying in optimal health and avoiding poisons in everyday foods.
  • Author

B.Moshay

Revolutionary

3 stars

• Thanks Received: 403

Healthy Living

PostThu Jul 03, 2014 1:24 am

I thought I would make a thread where people can randomly throw things about healthy living, eating, etc..

It's a bullshit three ring circus sideshow of freaks
http://instagram.com/bonafide_reality

enkidu2368

Praetor-

3 stars

• Thanks Received: 285

Re: Healthy Living

PostThu Jul 03, 2014 3:33 am

I dunnoe about the accuracy of this, but it got me thinking regardless. I do admit when I take multivitamins I eat less naturally. Unless off-course I take pure zinc, in which case if I don't gorge I get a stomach ache (because zinc reacting with stomach acid).

...this world is only play and amusement, pomp and mutual boasting among you, and rivalry in respect of wealth and children, as the likeness of vegetation after rain, thereof the growth is pleasing to the tiller; afterwards it dries up and you see it turning yellow; then it becomes straw. Al-Hadid (020)

Kung Fu

2.5 stars

• Thanks Received: 207

PostThu Jul 03, 2014 3:17 pm

Great thread, B.

Just on a side note don't you guys find it funny that people out there are so worried about Monsanto and all these other toxic chemical they put in our food but then go out drink soft drinks, eat at McDonalds, eat fried foods, and other junk food on a weekly basis?

sarah

3.5 Stars

• Thanks Received: 478

PostFri Jul 04, 2014 3:34 am

It is ironic isn't it?

I was reading how a healthy diet is 80% alkaline and 20% acidic but many people eat the opposite about 20% alkaline and 80% acidic

enkidu2368

Praetor-

3 stars

PostFri Jul 04, 2014 10:22 am

sarah wrote:It is ironic isn't it?

I was reading how a healthy diet is 80% alkaline and 20% acidic but many people eat the opposite about 20% alkaline and 80% acidic

"…nobody today can say that one does not know what cancer and its prime cause is. On the contrary, there is no disease whose prime cause is better known, so that today ignorance is no longer an excuse that one cannot do more about prevention."[2]
Otto Warburg won the Nobel Prize for showing that cancer thrives in anaerobic (without oxygen), or acidic, conditions. In other words, the main cause for cancer is acidity of the human body.

http://www.cancercompass.com/message-board/message/all,34832,0.htm
...this world is only play and amusement, pomp and mutual boasting among you, and rivalry in respect of wealth and children, as the likeness of vegetation after rain, thereof the growth is pleasing to the tiller; afterwards it dries up and you see it turning yellow; then it becomes straw. Al-Hadid (020)

Hex

Divine Self Manifest

Site Founder

3 stars

• Thanks Received: 293

PostFri Jul 04, 2014 1:26 pm

The importance of psychosomatic illnesses and the physical manifestation of disease resulting from mental imbalances/ catalysts cannot be stressed enough. If there is anything I have learned over the past year, it is the importance of the 'emotional diet'. If you feed yourself constant negative rhetoric, your body is going to provide feedback in that direction. The 'emotional diet', as it were, is just as important, if not more, than the 'physical diet'.

If you wish to be healthy no amount of good diet will do this for you. Work on your self and your thoughts, especially those pertaining to the 'negative' spectrum (Anger, hate, depression, confusion etc). Often (almost always) there is a 'mental' equivalent/ causation which has initiated the physical illness. I look at folk in my life and common physical issues they may harbour, and pretty much 'know' what has caused it. Upon query they are perplexed as to how I 'knew' they had an issue in a certain area.

If anyone reading is having a certain issue simply plugging in 'metaphysical causes of <your illness here>' will bring about common analogs relating to body feedback and mental catalyst. This is a basic list:

http://www.kekmadar.com/heal/a.html

Once you address the mental equivalent you'll find the body has no need to 'get your attention' in such a strong manner, and the symptoms will subside/heal. Many of us are out of touch with our unconscious and subconscious mind which is why these things tend to manifest physically, rather than people working on themselves when the issues first arise. You'll be much better off, and the tools leveraged through analytical psychology and 'shadow work', as it were, are invaluable for life.

That's not to say a good diet is not important, because it is. It is a given that feeding your body crap may cause issues (Not always, belief/thought overrides). Good quality organic nutrition with some meat (for some individuals who require such a source for protein). Often the issue with a bad diet actually stems from covering up/numbing any emotional issues they have, so again it's all about working on those and having a love for your body, rather than something that must be 'tamed'. It is you and is a part of you, a partner for life. Treat it/you with love and respect it/you deserve.
"When I became," said he, "the becoming became.
I have become the becoming.
I am one seeing myself, divided.
I am two and four and eight.
I am the universe in diversity.
I am my transformations.
This is my coming together.
Here are my selves become one."

-- Egyptian Book of the Dead

hermes

1 star

• Thanks Received: 80

PostFri Jul 04, 2014 1:48 pm

Just on a side note don't you guys find it funny that people out there are so worried about Monsanto and all these other toxic chemical they put in our food but then go out drink soft drinks, eat at McDonalds, eat fried foods, and other junk food on a weekly basis?

Sometimes financial constraints don't allow for another option. Healthy viable food choices can often be far more costly than the cheap junk that they sell us. Most people are in a class position that just does not allow them to spend on such choices (for instance look at the drastic price difference between factory farmed animal products compared to whole organic animal products- where as the former you can get chicken breasts say around 2.50 dollars a lb the latter would surely jump up easily to at least 8 dollars a lb, at least here in Canada). This too is very much a product of a capitalist system that has successfully monopolized the food industry and squeezed competition out; alternative options can't really compete price wise. Whole foods at brand name grocery stores are no more wholesome than the crap sold at McDonalds since much of it is genetically modified or tampered with in some way (ie, use of certain pesticides, etc). Even a head of cabbage is excessively more costly at an organic shop compared to a brand name grocery chain. A capitalistic food industry has created a venomous food production system that aims to slowly kill people all in the name of profits. What's more worse is people actually have hope that within a capitalist system positive change could be made to such bullshit like this by doing things like putting GMO labels, etc- yah sure it's a great way to allow people to understand what they are buying but it doesn't change the system from the core. Those who are poor could care less if a label says GMO when they only have 50 dollars for groceries that week. True change can only occur by a drastic revolution in the system- there needs to be a completely new way of doing all of this. Sorry I ranted.
"Any dictator would admire the uniformity and obedience of the U.S. media."- Noam Chomsky

enkidu2368

Praetor-

3 stars

PostSat Jul 05, 2014 5:21 am

Whole foods at brand name grocery stores are no more wholesome than the crap sold at McDonalds since much of it is genetically modified or tampered with in some way (ie, use of certain pesticides, etc).

:thumbup: :Thumbup:

B.Moshay

Revolutionary

3 stars

• Thanks Received: 403

PostSat Jul 05, 2014 5:56 pm

Good stuff guys.. Keep it coming.

@ Kung Fu, yeah it's a little frustrating. If they were really worried about it, they wouldn't consume it. There are alternative choices out there. More and more companies are starting to get non-gmo verified. So I do have to say that over the last year it's been a lot easier for me to find better alternative stuff for my family. Education is key.. A lot of people are just ignorant to these facts. I wish all schools in America required a nutrition course and gardening class. Everything I know about nutrition has been self taught. So had I never had the urge to start researching I would still be in the dark about a lot of things. Then again one of my fav quotes "In the age of information, ignorance is a choice". You get my drift though. These companies are so tricky too, they use health buzz words on their packaging and to the naive consumer they think "oh that's healthy".

It's a work in progress though. So anyone who at least is trying is headed in the right direction. Things don't happen overnight. It's been a progression for me, taking one or two bad things out at a time. I'd eventually like a 100% clean diet, which I'm pretty much there besides a few processed foods but the processed foods I buy are always organic. I'm a budget shopper so I know it can be done without blowing the bank. Not to mention, we eat more than our ancestors EVER did. They had meat only every so often and ate mostly a plant based diet. They most likely nibbled here and there through out the day where as we are taught that we need "3 square meals plus snacks a day". Umm BS! Our ancestors never had that much access to food. I've drastically reduced the amount of food I eat (intermittent fasting) and I feel great. At first I was apprehensive because we've been taught by food industries and that your metabolism needs 6 small meals a day. That's a big fat lie. If you keep refueling your body it's only going to burn the most recent food not stored fat.

Sorry, kind went on a tangent there.. But my point is that people are ignorant to what true health is. We are told so many different things from the media and if you are only relying on the media for health info you're screwed.

I about fell off my chair recently when Time magazine released "New scientific research" that real butter is actually good for you. That information has been readily available for years if you look on the right place. Also whipped up chemicals and sketchy vege oils < butter (grass fed). Doesn't take a genius. Modern day people are so far removed from food. Everything comes prepackaged in a pretty bow from the store for most people.
It's a bullshit three ring circus sideshow of freaks
http://instagram.com/bonafide_reality

hermes

1 star

• Thanks Received: 80

PostSat Jul 05, 2014 6:38 pm

Some good points B but I do feel some things stated are dependent on the situation. For instance your point on the amount of meals a day... The amount of meals you eat does not matter what really matters is the amount of calories. Problem is much of the processed food is rich in carbs that are caloric dense. If you eat a cookie it's about 200-300 calories with no nutritional value... A small filet of basa can run to 70-150 calories and provide you a good amount of protein and healthy fats (mono and poly). One basa filet even 2 would be more than satisfying.... Yet cookies a person can easily gobble up 3-5 and that may run up to a 1000 calories. That's like half the caloric intake of a normal person for an entire day! A lot of the different types of meal plans (eating 6 times a day, intermittent fasting, warrior diet, etc) are based on catering to specific workout regiments. Like I'm currently in a cutting phase trying to lose some fat and I have a very strict low carb diet. This is primarily because carbs raise blood glucose resulting in increase release of insulin which results in higher levels of the enzyme lipoprotein lipase that regulates storage of energy sources into adipose tissue (fat). I primarily eat a fast acting carb post workout or a slower acting one pre workout (few hours before) to use the carbs. I also like to keep my most heavy meals in the day cause I know the energy will be utilized throughout the day.

As a whole I think the minor education on nutritional health benefits the system as a whole. Diabetes and cardiovascular diseases are just as much big business as cancer or other serious conditions. They would rather we keep the machine running than influence real positive change. Hence why very little is done to truly promote preventive health and most doctors are usually just trained to treat already occurring diseases and problems. My cousin for instance is finishing up a fellowship in internal medicine... He recently began working out and I had to provide him nutritional advice. They don't care about prevention really cause that doesn't drive profits.
"Any dictator would admire the uniformity and obedience of the U.S. media."- Noam Chomsky
Next

Return to Health and Nature