It is currently Fri May 24, 2019 9:40 pm

Announcement: Registrations are currently disabled. Apologies for any inconvenience caused.

Eating Meat...Sumarised.

Environmental issues, staying in optimal health and avoiding poisons in everyday foods.
  • Author

Hex

Divine Self Manifest

Site Founder

3 stars

• Thanks Received: 293

Eating Meat...Sumarised.

PostWed Dec 24, 2014 3:59 pm

Saw this posted on another forum, and felt it summed up the whole issue quite well:

“As far as eating is concerned, humans are the most stupid animals on the planet. We kill billions of wild animals to protect the animals that we eat. We are destroying our environment to feed the animals that we eat. We spend more time, money and resources fattening up the animals that we eat, than we do feeding humans who are dying of hunger. The greatest irony is that after all the expenses of raising these animals, we eat them and they kill us slowly… and rather than recognize this madness, we torture and murder millions of other animals trying to find cures of diseases caused by eating animals in the first place.” ~Mike Anderson
"When I became," said he, "the becoming became.
I have become the becoming.
I am one seeing myself, divided.
I am two and four and eight.
I am the universe in diversity.
I am my transformations.
This is my coming together.
Here are my selves become one."

-- Egyptian Book of the Dead

Scimitar

Servant of God

4 stars

• Thanks Received: 582

Re: Eating Meat...Sumarised.

PostWed Dec 24, 2014 7:43 pm

well, that's one POV... not the only one though.

Hex, Mike may have a point, but is eating meat really the problem? or the way we human beings manage farms in the modern age - the problem?

Humans have always eaten meat - and it is recommended for the health of humans to contain meat in our diet to some small degree.

What i can agree with, is the over consumption of meat in the world today - we eat it far too regularly for it to have a positive benefit on heath - and as the old saying goes - too much of a good thing = a bad thing.

Scimi

I have nothing to do with any recommendations to join any war on any person , race or community. I do not support ISIS nor any other movement, I seek opportunities to unite mankind, I seek to look at common ground and choose to ignore differences. I do not support violence, I condemn it. I have no affiliations with any promoting of violence be it political, racial or religious.

Hex

Divine Self Manifest

Site Founder

3 stars

• Thanks Received: 293

PostWed Dec 24, 2014 11:37 pm

I'd say as long the general mass continues to eat meat so will intensive farming be the only viable way (from an economic pov) of meeting that demand. We can develop alternate techniques sure, but in no way is it going to be efficient or meet the daily demands. If you consider the thousands of chickens kept confined in closed metal sheds, now place them outside; you'll need a much larger area for the same amount. It's unfortunate, but the only to sustain meat in a diet in a humane way is cut it down drastically. If you've got a method though, I'd patent it asap.

I won't argue that limited amounts of animal protein from time to time is acceptable for some (even required in areas where alternate sources are scarce), though you could probably reference the many millions of vegetarians going back generations that are pretty damn healthy as well (India immediately comes to mind as I'm sure you're familiar with). In this day and age however we've enough access to a wide array of alternate sources that it's more a case of pleasing our taste buds and habit as opposed to necessity, or even health.

Edit: Btw your video editing is looking pretty damn good. Kudos.
"When I became," said he, "the becoming became.
I have become the becoming.
I am one seeing myself, divided.
I am two and four and eight.
I am the universe in diversity.
I am my transformations.
This is my coming together.
Here are my selves become one."

-- Egyptian Book of the Dead

Scimitar

Servant of God

4 stars

• Thanks Received: 582

PostThu Dec 25, 2014 6:59 pm

Thank you Hex, I nested separate compositions in order to make this one work :)

Back to the meat thing though. I agree with all you've said except - the whole India thing. I was there in 2012 for the month of November. Plenty of vegetarians in the villages, even the village I am from, meat is eaten only once a week on Fridays, all other days its veggies curries :D

However, it is known fact that Indian people have one of the largest stats when it comes to anemia, lacking iron in their bodies is attributed to the non consumption of meat.

While I was in India, my good friend Mubarak told me how to spot a Hindu vegetarian - he said, "look for the people with dark circles under their eyes"... I was skeptic, until he challenged me to find out - so I started to ask random peeps with dark circles if they were HIndu and if so - full vegetarian. It helped that I had my camera and tripod handy, made my questions look more official :D even though the battery was dead.

Turns out, lack of certain proteins and iron in the diet does lead to dark circles under the eyes in India... strange but true.

Btw, these people didn't look so healthy, malnourished is the word.

Scimi

I have nothing to do with any recommendations to join any war on any person , race or community. I do not support ISIS nor any other movement, I seek opportunities to unite mankind, I seek to look at common ground and choose to ignore differences. I do not support violence, I condemn it. I have no affiliations with any promoting of violence be it political, racial or religious.

Return to Health and Nature