It is currently Mon Mar 25, 2019 6:07 pm


Announcement: Registrations are currently disabled. Apologies for any inconvenience caused.

Cannabis oil - medical benefits?

Environmental issues, staying in optimal health and avoiding poisons in everyday foods.
  • Author
  • Message
Offline
User avatar

Taragaia

Awake

Registered User

1.5 stars

  • Posts: 351
  • Joined: 03 January 2017
  • Location: Goa, India
  • Gender: Female
  • Thanks Received: 273

Cannabis oil - medical benefits?

PostThu Feb 23, 2017 7:39 am

Hello all,

I was wondering what your opinion is on the use of Cannabis oil or other products of the Marjiuana plant as part of a medical treatment. It can be used as oil, vaped or smoked. All forms have different effects, and there is also a difference between Cannabis oil with THC and Cannabis oil without it.

Cannabis has been controversial all over the world, and is generally not recommended as a medical treatment though it is permitted as a painkiller or supplement to regular treatment in several countries.

I was wondering what your opinion on cannabis use for medical purposes is? Do any of you have any experience using it?

I see that many conspiracy websites recommend the use of Cannabis to cure all kinds of ailments, varying from cancer to asthma and other incurable diseases. It is also said to improve sleep, appetite and general skin health.

What do you think of these claims?
The only way out is in
Offline

Rainerann

Registered User

1 star

  • Posts: 139
  • Joined: 04 January 2017
  • Thanks Received: 103

Re: Cannabis oil - medical benefits?

PostFri Feb 24, 2017 1:00 am

Yes, I actually do take a variety of different cannabis concentrations for pain. They are the best solution that I have found because other pain medications have a withdrawal period that I don't like. I don't like my brain fog.

During the day, I take an edible with a high CBD, low THC concentration. In the evening, I take a higher THC concentration when needed. Mainly, I use edible cannabis with high CBD levels because I have a lot to do during the day and THC makes me feel tired. It works great for me. I like chocolate bars. I don't smoke it or use a vaporizer. Although, sometimes I will also use a tincture solution.

I don't a whole lot about some of the claims about all the other benefits of using Cannabis because I only use it for pain management. Although, I believe it has more potential than just to be used to treat pain, but that would require further study from a scientific standpoint. The science of Cannabis is new because it has long been illegal and the claims of street users I don't take very seriously. So time will tell I think.
Offline
User avatar

Taragaia

Awake

Registered User

1.5 stars

  • Posts: 351
  • Joined: 03 January 2017
  • Location: Goa, India
  • Gender: Female
  • Thanks Received: 273

Re: Cannabis oil - medical benefits?

PostFri Feb 24, 2017 8:02 am

Rainerann wrote:Yes, I actually do take a variety of different cannabis concentrations for pain. They are the best solution that I have found because other pain medications have a withdrawal period that I don't like. I don't like my brain fog.


Thank you for responding :Thumbup:

I only just realized responding to this topic might be tricky for some as Cannabis can be illegal in their country, so I guess that's why there might be few replies coming.

I am glad it helps you with your pain.

Rainerann wrote:During the day, I take an edible with a high CBD, low THC concentration. In the evening, I take a higher THC concentration when needed.


Does that make you feel ''high''? Because that's something I try to avoid.

I personally started using Cannabis oil recently for my own medical issues, and I have it without THC. So far it seems to have a positive effect on me, but that might just be a placebo.

Rainerann wrote:I like chocolate bars.


Do they use oil in those bars or actual pieces of the Cannabis plant?

Rainerann wrote:I don't a whole lot about some of the claims about all the other benefits of using Cannabis because I only use it for pain management. Although, I believe it has more potential than just to be used to treat pain, but that would require further study from a scientific standpoint. The science of Cannabis is new because it has long been illegal and the claims of street users I don't take very seriously. So time will tell I think.


Yes, I understand your outlook. I have heard for years that I should try Cannabis oil and rejected it because I believed it to be hogwash, but as I am running out of options with regular medication I decided to give it a shot.

So far it has not been a bad experience, but I can't yet tell whether it's really working either. I hope some proper research will be done soon.
The only way out is in
Offline

Rainerann

Registered User

1 star

  • Posts: 139
  • Joined: 04 January 2017
  • Thanks Received: 103

Re: Cannabis oil - medical benefits?

PostFri Feb 24, 2017 6:01 pm

No, what they do is use a method of extraction to pull out the properties of the Cannabis, and use it things like chocolate bars and other things. Cannabis properties bond well to fats so butter is often used to extract the properties for food items. For Cannabis oil, they can use an extraction process similar to essentials oils. Those are the only two methods I use. I don't like smoke myself. I don't like my hair smelling like smoke all day. So, I don't use a vaporizer either because it does the same thing. I can smell it all day and it is a very strong smell.

When I take the high-CBD version, I don't feel high. I feel more alert, optimistic, and relief from pain. Although, it is very noticeable, so you might want to try increasing your dose or shop around a little bit. I have tried several brands and some are better than others. There were a couple tincture formulas that I didn't like so well. I don't know what your dispensary has available, but it might be worth it to try a couple different brands.

The first couple times I used a THC/CBD blend, I did feel a little high for a bit, but then my tolerance increased and I don't feel that way anymore. I take a very little bit of that at a time too, but I enjoy it in the evening. It helps me sleep well. I would definitely recommend experimenting a little bit with a THC/CBD blend if you can. For now, those are the two primary properties that are cultivated in marijuana plants. Although, there are other properties that are waiting for more research.

I am very happy with it myself. The main thing I don't like about other medication even when they do what they are supposed to, is the side effects and the hangover feeling. With CBD, I have no side effects. I can take it in the middle of the day and not feel hungover when it wears off, and it helps me to be much more productive and not so distracted by pain.
Offline
User avatar

Taragaia

Awake

Registered User

1.5 stars

  • Posts: 351
  • Joined: 03 January 2017
  • Location: Goa, India
  • Gender: Female
  • Thanks Received: 273

Re: Cannabis oil - medical benefits?

PostMon Feb 27, 2017 7:54 am

Rainerann wrote:No, what they do is use a method of extraction to pull out the properties of the Cannabis, and use it things like chocolate bars and other things. Cannabis properties bond well to fats so butter is often used to extract the properties for food items. For Cannabis oil, they can use an extraction process similar to essentials oils. Those are the only two methods I use.


Sounds good to me, I should definitely see if I can find the chocolate or mix the oil with chocolate myself. It can be a little hard to stomach in the morning in oil form because of the bitter taste.

Rainerann wrote: I don't like smoke myself. I don't like my hair smelling like smoke all day. So, I don't use a vaporizer either because it does the same thing. I can smell it all day and it is a very strong smell.


I don't smoke either and won't in any near future. I quit smoking 7 years ago and don't plan to start again, plus it's a very bad idea with the illness I am taking the Cannabis oil for in the first place. Vaping doesn't appeal to me and is too expensive. Besides, the only way to get bagged Cannabis is illegal and CBD oil is not over here.

Rainerann wrote:When I take the high-CBD version, I don't feel high. I feel more alert, optimistic, and relief from pain. Although, it is very noticeable, so you might want to try increasing your dose or shop around a little bit.


I have used it for a week now, and I have indeed noticed an improvement to my mood and energy levels. Very pleasant. I hope that with time it will help me reduce the inflammation from my illness too. I might need a higher dose for that though, we will see.

I will definitely try several brands to see which one works best.

Rainerann wrote:The first couple times I used a THC/CBD blend, I did feel a little high for a bit, but then my tolerance increased and I don't feel that way anymore. I take a very little bit of that at a time too, but I enjoy it in the evening. It helps me sleep well.


That sounds good to me as I take medication that makes sleeping difficult at times, so maybe I will buy a small extra bottle with THC for the night. Thanks for the tip :Smile:

Rainerann wrote:I am very happy with it myself. The main thing I don't like about other medication even when they do what they are supposed to, is the side effects and the hangover feeling. With CBD, I have no side effects. I can take it in the middle of the day and not feel hungover when it wears off, and it helps me to be much more productive and not so distracted by pain.


I noticed that too, it's much better than other painkillers that make you sluggish and unfocused. I do not understand why the medical world is so sceptical of it, especially CBD. You would say it's way better than medication derived from the opium plant like tramadol and it's cousins.

Trying this out does make me feel that they are really out there for the money too..
The only way out is in
Offline

Israfilhaque1230

Registered User

0 stars

  • Posts: 21
  • Joined: 26 November 2017
  • Thanks Received: 0

Re: Cannabis oil - medical benefits?

PostFri Dec 08, 2017 11:39 am

I don't smoke either and won't in any not so distant future. I quit smoking 2 years back and don't plan to begin once more, in addition to it's an awful thought with the disease I am taking the Cannabis oil for in any case. Vaping doesn't interest me and is excessively costly. Additionally, the best way to get sacked Cannabis is illicit and CBD oil isn't here.

Return to Health and Nature

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests

cron