It is currently Wed Nov 20, 2019 9:47 pm

Announcement: Registrations are currently disabled. Apologies for any inconvenience caused.

Instead Menstral cup! More . talk, fellas.

Environmental issues, staying in optimal health and avoiding poisons in everyday foods.
  • Author

ktg

Weird gyrl

0.5 stars

• Thanks Received: 7

Instead Menstral cup! More . talk, fellas.

PostWed Mar 06, 2013 6:06 pm

Hey ladies? Tired of changing that tamp every hour or two? Tired of felling like you're still wearing diapers? Well lemme give a wonderful product to consider using "instead" of the old school solutions!

Benefits:

Can be worn up to 12 hours, including overnight
Can't be felt while wearing
Can be worn during sports and swimming
Eliminates menstrual odor (flow not exposed to air)
Not associated with Toxic Shock Syndrome (TSS)
Non-irritating and does not cause dryness
Can be a comfortable solution for women that experience heavy or irregular periods
Does not contain residues of bleach, pesticides or dioxins

Who Softcup is right for:

Menstruating women of any age, with any level of flow (light to heavy, spotting or peri-menopausal)
Women who want the convenience of wearing a Softcup for up to 12 hours
Women who are looking for a more comfortable option than tampons and pads
Active, busy, and mobile women
Women using hormonal contraceptives, since these can cause irregular spotting

See More:How-to Videos First Time Users FAQs User Video Testimonials
Instructions

This is what Instead Softcup looks like when squeezed for insertion.

Wash your hands and relax. To insert Softcup, we recommend sitting on the toilet with your knees apart.

Hold Softcup so the bottom of the cup hangs down. Squeeze the opposite sides of the rim together.

Keeping the rim squeezed together, insert Softcup completely into your vagina. When you are sitting, your vaginal canal is horizontal, sloping slightly downward. Use your finger to push Softcup downward and back as far as it will go. It wil slide into place under the cervix and behind the pubic bone.

Do not push Softcup upward as it will stop in front of the cervix. This is not the correct position for Softcup and can cause leakage. If that happens, just pull Softcup out and then reinsert pushing downward and back.

Inside your body Softcup conforms to your internal shape, forming a personal fit.

When Softcup is inserted properly, you shouldn't feel it. Softcup fits in the natural space under the cervix and next to the pubic bone. If you feel something in the vaginal canal, Softcup is probably not placed far enough inside you. Just remove and try again.

To remove Softcup, we recommend sitting on the toilet with your knees apart. Insert your finger into the vagina. Feel for your pubic bone-the Softcup rim will be right behind it. Hook your finger under the rim. If you have trouble hooking your finger, just bear or push down. Slowly pull Softcup out of your body keeping it horizontal and level.

Do not pull down like you would with a tampon, as this can lead to spillage. Do not twist; just pull slowly and steadily.

Place the used product inside the wrapper or wrap it in tissue and throw it away.

Health and Safety
Product safety:

Cleared by the FDA, Softcup is a disposable menstrual protection product that is available over the counter throughout the U.S. and internationally.

What it's made of:

Softcup is made from a non-absorbent, non-irritating medical grade material that has been used for more than 20 years in the healthcare industry and in medical devices, such as baby bottle nipples and catheters.

What it's not made of:

It contains no latex, silicone or dioxins. It is BPA-free and contains no residual fibers, bleach, pesticides, carcinogens or PCBs. There are no strings and no wings.

Safesty testing:

More than 120 million Softcups have been sold since the product's introduction in 1996, and there has never been a reported incidence of Toxic Shock Syndrome (TSS). In extensive labratory testing Softcup did not promote the growth of the bacteria that causes TSS.

Body-friendly:

Softcup does not change the body's natural environment-Softcups do not alter the body's pH levels, natural bacteria levels or absorb the body's moisture. Maintaining the body's natural bacteria levels can help prevent infections such as yeast infections or urinary tract infections (UTIs). Softcups are comfortable and they do not cause dryness or irritation. Softcup leaves the body just as it is-no micro-tears, no residues, no change in the body's natural pH or bacteria levels.

Warnings:

If you are using an intrauterine device (IUD), consult your physician before using Softcup. If you have ever had Toxic SHock Syndrome (TSS), do not use Softcup or any other internally worn products. Maximum wear time is 12 hours.

Immediately following childbirth, miscarriage, termination of pregnancy, or any gynecologic surgery, consult your physician before using Softcup.

The Softcup is not a contraceptive and does not provide protection against sexually transmitted infections.

TSS Facts:

Toxic Shock Syndrome (TSS) is believed to be caused by the toxin-producing strains of the bacterium Staphylococcus Aureus. Although TSS can occur in men, children and women, it is a disease that mostly affects menstruating women who use tampons. Population studies suggest that the risk of TSS is related to tampon absorbency: the higher the tampon absorbency, the higher the risk of contracting TSS. Unlike tampons, Softcup is non-absorbent. However, consumer usage of Softcup has not been extensive enough to date to quantify the risk of TSS, if any, while using Softcup. To date, there have been no reported cases of TSS with Softcup. As a precaution, users must change Softcup after 12 hours maximum wear time.

http://www.walgreens.com/store/c/instead-softcup-12-hour-period-protection/ID=prod16459-product

ktg wrote:
Illuminaughty wrote:It's not just a name, it's a lifestyle.

So are condoms... just sayin :twisted:
jashutson13 wrote:pssstttttt.... I don't think you would be needing condoms. I don't think girl on girl action requires one.
Onyx wrote:Illuminaughty is a guy lol

>_<

Calix

Butterfly in a Jar

1 star

• Thanks Received: 17

Re: Instead Menstral cup! More . talk, fellas.

PostWed Mar 06, 2013 9:36 pm

What if it got stuck there and you totally forgot about, then what ? :o :shock:

Cheetah

MissRose

1.5 stars

• Thanks Received: 46

PostWed Mar 06, 2013 9:53 pm

It's amazing what kind of things can go in the vagina..

Like I said long ago.. one of the things I will not allow up my vajayjay

Calix

Butterfly in a Jar

1 star

• Thanks Received: 17

PostWed Mar 06, 2013 10:22 pm

Cheetah wrote:It's amazing what kind of things can go in the vagina..

Like I said long ago.. one of the things I will not allow up my vajayjay

What ?

Cheers

3 stars

• Thanks Received: 216

PostWed Mar 06, 2013 10:36 pm

Where's Ambroise, these days?

Anyone seen her around? :mrgreen:

And wow, KTG... I still don't know what to think about this- :wtf:

But good post, nonetheless... it covers pretty much everything-

;)
ImageImage HAPPY! ImageImage

Binah

0 stars

• Thanks Received: 2

PostSat Mar 09, 2013 12:21 am

These suck, and they leak!! You're better off with a sponge or diva cup to be honest!
... Lots of people talkin', few of them know - Soul of a woman was created below.

Cheetah

MissRose

1.5 stars

PostSat Mar 09, 2013 2:59 am

Cheers wrote:Where's Ambroise, these days?

Anyone seen her around? :mrgreen:

She knows, I gave her the link.. but she hasn't signed up, yet.
Probably too busy with university and stuff.

Is that menstrual cup even comfortable? How do you sit down with it in you? I've always wondered that about tampons also

Binah

0 stars

• Thanks Received: 2

PostSat Mar 09, 2013 3:56 pm

It supposedly sits inside you and collects your "period", and you have to fish it out. I was at work once and I sat the wrong way, leaked everywhere! Needless to say I never used them again.
... Lots of people talkin', few of them know - Soul of a woman was created below.

Onyx

Chocolate Fondue

3.5 Stars

• Thanks Received: 487

PostSat Mar 09, 2013 5:44 pm

Um.. eew lol I don't think I could ever use this. I mean how do you get it out without spilling shit everywhere?
Darkness can not drive out darkness, only light can do that. Hate can not drive out hate, only LOVE can do that!~ Martin Luther King Jr

Cheetah

MissRose

1.5 stars

PostSat Mar 09, 2013 8:07 pm

Gosh, that sounds so scary and painfu and messy!!!

Ladies, they have a DivaCup.. or is that the same thing?

http://divacup.com/
Next

Return to Health and Nature