It is currently Mon Mar 25, 2019 6:25 pm

Announcement: Registrations are currently disabled. Apologies for any inconvenience caused.

Coconut Oil!

Environmental issues, staying in optimal health and avoiding poisons in everyday foods.
  • Author

Cheers

3 stars

• Thanks Received: 215

Re: Coconut Oil!

PostFri Jun 07, 2013 1:16 am

MistyMountain wrote:Did you get virgin coconut oil, Cheers? It's the stuff that smells and tastes coconutty. The regular coconut oil is pretty well odorless and flavourless.

No, apparently I got whore coconut oil... but the label is pretty- :D

I'll look for the virginal flavor, though-

Thanks, Misty- ;)
ImageImage HAPPY! ImageImage

swtlilqtk

2 stars

• Thanks Received: 115

PostFri Jun 07, 2013 3:26 am

I've used it as hair conditioner, which I liked...and on my face...which I didn't since it broke me out. Scared to eat it since I already get my natural fats from EVOO and the crazy amounts of salmon I eat weekly. But thanks for the interesting list of others ways I will have to try! I have some in my cupboard right now. :)

KimberlyFowler

0 stars

• Thanks Received: 0

PostMon Jul 08, 2013 9:30 am

I have been using coconut oil to massage my hair before shampoo. It gives shine to hair. I apply it on my arms and legs in winter to remove dryness. Coconut oil is useful not only in eating but for many purpose also.

organicsfs

0 stars

• Thanks Received: 1

PostWed Dec 31, 2014 4:45 am

There are several varieties of coconut oil available in the market right now and each has its own purpose and use. So before heading out to buy one, you first need to decide on where you’re planning to use it. Here’s a list of coconut oil varieties and their use to help you decide on what to buy.
For cooking and therapeutic use, buy refined or unrefined coconut oil. As a medicine and carrier oil, buy virgin coconut oil. For skin and hair, massaging and external application, buy unrefined coconut oil.
For cooking at high temperature it’s best to use refined coconut oil and try to buy the brand that is not partially hydrogenated and processed with the least amount of chemicals. I used the unrefined coconut oil for cooking, it’s more flavorful and rich with phytonutrients. So far, the best unrefined coconut oil I have been using is by eSutras Organics. Remember to always check the “Best before date”! :smile:

Katie P

0 stars

PostMon May 04, 2015 6:13 am

Coconut oil is really amazing for hair. It makes hair strong, thick and give them a healthy shine. It is also great for skin care and you can also use it for cooking meals.

Katie P

0 stars

PostMon Jun 01, 2015 4:55 am

I've used coconut oil and olive oil for my hair and found them amazing, It not only stops falling hair but also makes them strong and gives them shine. I was suffering from hair loss and found some amazing hair growth tips while searching online for solutions. So I started using olive oil massage regularly after following these tips and thankfully my hair were more beautiful than ever after its use.
Previous

Return to Health and Nature