It is currently Mon Mar 25, 2019 5:52 pm

Announcement: Registrations are currently disabled. Apologies for any inconvenience caused.

Coconut Oil!

Environmental issues, staying in optimal health and avoiding poisons in everyday foods.
  • Author

Stereohype

0.5 stars

• Thanks Received: 5

Re: Coconut Oil!

PostFri Apr 12, 2013 1:10 am

King Kanti wrote:
Kills viruses that cause influenza, herpes, measles, hepatitis C, SARS, AIDS, and other illnesses.

Seriously? Anyone ever testified to this that you may have heard? I gotta get me some of this tonight!

Why, you got aids?

:wtf:
Everyday, people wake up and feed the machine which enslaves them. Then they go to sleep to be energized for the next day.

King Kanti

1.5 stars

• Thanks Received: 82

PostFri Apr 12, 2013 3:10 am

Stereohype wrote:
King Kanti wrote:
Kills viruses that cause influenza, herpes, measles, hepatitis C, SARS, AIDS, and other illnesses.

Seriously? Anyone ever testified to this that you may have heard? I gotta get me some of this tonight!

Why, you got aids?

What if I do?

HappyGoLucky

0 stars

• Thanks Received: 0

PostFri Apr 12, 2013 2:47 pm

Wow!
I was going to make a thread about this and how you shouldn't use the fake stuff.
But my post was lost and the tabs that went with it.
But coconut oil is great for Really, you should look into it.
It's easy for your body to digest so it's converted into energy instead of fat!
I'm trying to get my family to convert to it...But I have to sneak it into their food lol.
You can get it deorodrized.(I like the coconut smell)
While it won't have ALL the benefits, it's still good.
Oh, and you should get virgin...
I got coconut oil at Costo's for a pretty big container.
But, you can also get it at a natural foods store.

You can even make a Magic Shell for ice cream!

http://www.thecountrycook.net/2011/09/h ... conut.html

Mix melted chocolate chips and coconut oil until it's creamy then pour it over the ice cream.

You can use coconut oil to shave.
If you have natural hair (or any hair really...) use it as a detangler!
And deep conditioner.
I'm getting really excited because I love coconut oil!
Sour Face Ann,
With your chin in your hand,
Haven't you ever been pleased?
You used to complain
That you had no fur coat,
And now you complain of the fleas.

Stereohype

0.5 stars

• Thanks Received: 5

PostSat Apr 13, 2013 2:21 am

King Kanti wrote:
What if I do?

Then you got it?

Everyday, people wake up and feed the machine which enslaves them. Then they go to sleep to be energized for the next day.

King Kanti

1.5 stars

• Thanks Received: 82

PostSat Apr 13, 2013 2:51 am

Stereohype wrote:
King Kanti wrote:
What if I do?

Then you got it?

Lol nah, I just tested negative. I know many people who do though.

Astral

Creeper

2 stars

• Location: about 3/4 away from the center of the Milky Way Galaxy
  • Thanks Received: 123

PostSat Apr 13, 2013 7:42 am

Does it take off waterproof eye make-up as well? My biggest issue with make-up is trying to remove my eyeliner and mascara; everything I try irritates the sensitive skin under my eyes, or over-dries it and then I get crows feet.

Has anyone tried it as a make-up remover?
"There are among the people murderers who have never committed murder, thieves who have never stolen and liars who have spoken nothing but the truth."

"And God said, Love your enemy, & I obeyed Him & loved myself."

--Khalil Gibran

MistyMountain

1.5 stars

• Thanks Received: 53

PostSat Apr 13, 2013 6:55 pm

Astral wrote:Does it take off waterproof eye make-up as well? My biggest issue with make-up is trying to remove my eyeliner and mascara; everything I try irritates the sensitive skin under my eyes, or over-dries it and then I get crows feet.

Has anyone tried it as a make-up remover?

Astral, it's the only make-up remover I use! It works wonderfully, even on mascara and eyeliner. :thumbup:

What I do is I splash some water on my face to get the removal process started, take about a spoonful of oil and soften it between my hands, then spread it onto my whole face, including all around my eyes. Sometimes I'll leave it on for a few minutes for extra moisturisation, but usually I remove it right away with a warm, wet facecloth. My skin feels nice and soft afterwards!

I don't usually wear waterproof mascara or much eyeliner, but on days when I do I find that I sometimes need to repeat the process with a little more oil, just around my eyes.

I'm prone to breakouts on my chin, so it seemed counter-intuitive to use coconut oil on my face! And when I first started using it I brokeout a bit, until someone I know asked if I was using 'regular' oil or 'virgin'. I had been using regular oil (it was a bit cheaper) and she insisted that you should only ever use virgin coconut oil on your face. So I took her advice and switched, and it made a huge difference. I don't know why, but shortly after I switched to the virgin oil all breakouts stopped and it's been great ever since.

I looked into the difference between virgin and regular and what it boils down to is the different methods of extraction. This website: http://www.organicfacts.net/organic-oils/organic-coconut-oil/virgin-coconut-oil.html had this to say:

Extraction: The main difference between ordinary coconut oil and virgin coconut oil lies in their processes of extraction. While the former is extracted by cold compression or cold milling of Copra (another name for dried Coconut kernels), with a moisture content of around six percent, the latter is extracted from the coconut milk obtained from the fresh coconuts. Thereafter, using processes like fermentation, churning (centrifugal separation), refrigeration and action of enzymes, etc., the oil is separated from the water or moisture. In some cases, this fresh coconut oil is boiled to get the oil by evaporating the water or moisture.

Benefits of virgin coconut oil: Not being subjected to heat (even if it is, it is subjected to very low heat), sunlight, being extracted from fresh (non-dried) coconuts with different process of extraction, it is certainly more in benefits than the ordinary coconut oil. It is higher in vitamin content, anti-oxidants (which is nil or negligible in ordinary coconut oil), minerals, medium chain fatty acids, taste, fragrance and even protein. The shelf life of virgin coconut oil is very long, much longer than any other edible oil and its own variant, the RBD (Refined Bleached Deodorized) coconut oil. It does not go rancid easily. Due to presence of higher amounts of Lauric and Capric acid, prospect of using VCO in aiding treatment of AIDS is also being explored.

The first thing that struck me when I made the switch was the smell. Virgin coconut oil smells and tastes coconutty, where regular oil doesn't, which makes the regular oil nice to cook with if you don't want the coconut flavour in your recipe.

This is the brand I use: Coconut Oil ~ Great stuff!

B.Moshay

Revolutionary

3 stars

• Thanks Received: 403

PostThu Apr 18, 2013 4:45 pm

Onyx wrote:I've been looking into this and I wanted to start using coconut oil in exchange for the vegetable oil that I have been cooking with since I was 9. (Yes I started cooking early. My mom taught me a 5 and let me do it on my own at 9 lol) Anyway... Ever since my heath problems started I have been wanting to change my diet completely. I see all of the benefits of coconut oil but my question is... Which brand is the best to use?

Spectrum is a trusted brand and they actually carry it in my local grocery so I'm sure you can find it easily as well. I don't know if you have a trader joes in your area but they carry it at almost half price so that's where I'll be getting mine from now on. Sooo much better than veggie oil for you!!!
It's a bullshit three ring circus sideshow of freaks
http://instagram.com/bonafide_reality

B.Moshay

Revolutionary

3 stars

• Thanks Received: 403

PostFri Apr 19, 2013 4:36 am

I also wanted to add that I use coconut oil on my daughter's hair instead of moisturizers with chemicals now. Her hair seems more healthy and shiny and not to mention smells so good!
It's a bullshit three ring circus sideshow of freaks
http://instagram.com/bonafide_reality

Scar

0.5 stars

• Thanks Received: 19

PostSun Apr 21, 2013 12:59 pm

Make sure you're only using certified organic coconut oil, because there is GMO coconut oil out there.

Also, stay away from any hydrogenated coconut oil. Our bodies can't properly break down any hydrogenated oils (oils pumped with hydrogen so they are solid at room temperature) and that is the cause of cellulite. Only way to get rid of cellulite is to quit eating hydrogenated and partially hydrogenated oils completely, and your body will eventually expel it all from your skin in probably 7-10 years.
PreviousNext

Return to Health and Nature