It is currently Sun Nov 19, 2017 3:54 pm

Announcement: The Vigilant Forums have been reopened! Please see here for further information.

Aderall and possible spiritual hindrances?

Philosophical and metaphysical/spiritual discussions non specific to religion.
  • Author

Nirafaust

0 stars

• Thanks Received: 0

Aderall and possible spiritual hindrances?

PostSun Dec 22, 2013 3:18 am

Does anyone know if taking aderall effects you on a spiritual level?

I started taking it about 1 year ago and I've always wondered if it would have any spiritual negative effects or maybe even positive? I have ADD and get so much done with its aid

Zsymon

Lover of Cats

3 stars

• Thanks Received: 397

Re: Aderall and possible spiritual hindrances?

PostSun Dec 22, 2013 6:11 am

All chemical drugs to greater or lesser extent block our spiritual energy flow, sensitivity and abilities, but you have
to weigh the bad against the good, if this drug is really helping you, then I don't see any reason why you should stop
taking it. Being debilitated by ADD doesn't help your spiritual growth much either, so if it really helps I would keep
it. I take pharmaceutical medicine as well, simply because life without them would be gruesome and unlivable due
to the pain, even though the pain has a spiritual cause.

Sometimes you just have to choose the best option, even if the best option isn't very good.
What I share are simply my personal views, I consider them subjective and never absolute.

belligerent

0.5 stars

• Thanks Received: 9

PostTue Mar 18, 2014 9:28 am

It absolutely does. Many of the star children are diagnosed with ADD/ADHD and given stimulants which block their natural spiritual abilities. I had been a slave to Adderall for months, and now that I'm free of many chemicals (I only smoke marijuana and blue lotus), I notice I am perfectly in tune with my spirituality.

TheFallenAlchemist

The Irate Individual

2 stars

• Thanks Received: 138

PostSat Mar 22, 2014 1:39 am

Explain this blue lotus. A guy came in to work temporarily for a few months and he kept telling me about the blue lotus and it's properties. He kept telling me that it had some amazing effects.

Thanks!
"Symbols have power, Netley... Power enough to turn even a stomach such as yours... Or to deliver half this planet's population into slavery." - Alan Moore, From Hell

Reviews, interviews, thoughts/theories: http://www.thegrimtower.com/
Band Page: http://www.torii.bandcamp.com/

Hex

Divine Self Manifest

Site Founder

3 stars

• Thanks Received: 293

PostSat Mar 22, 2014 2:23 pm

belligerent wrote:It absolutely does. Many of the star children are diagnosed with ADD/ADHD and given stimulants which block their natural spiritual abilities. I had been a slave to Adderall for months, and now that I'm free of many chemicals (I only smoke marijuana and blue lotus), I notice I am perfectly in tune with my spirituality.

phpBB [video]
"When I became," said he, "the becoming became.
I have become the becoming.
I am one seeing myself, divided.
I am two and four and eight.
I am the universe in diversity.
I am my transformations.
This is my coming together.
Here are my selves become one."

-- Egyptian Book of the Dead

Scimitar

Servant of God

4 stars

• Thanks Received: 582

PostMon Jun 23, 2014 5:33 pm

cosmic_intuition was on adrerall in 2011, she gave it up cold turkey in 2012... and though she suffered some withdrawals, she replaced the aderall with lots of coffee - and then she gave up coffee too... now, she's T-total health freak... takes guts to make those decisions, and I have to respect that.

Scimi

I have nothing to do with any recommendations to join any war on any person , race or community. I do not support ISIS nor any other movement, I seek opportunities to unite mankind, I seek to look at common ground and choose to ignore differences. I do not support violence, I condemn it. I have no affiliations with any promoting of violence be it political, racial or religious.

naturesenergies112

0 stars

• Thanks Received: 1

PostSat Nov 01, 2014 9:32 am

My ex was prescribed this. I think he felt the way you describe but for me watching it, he was off his rocker and for me it was one medication change too many, hence ex.

pgd

0 stars

• Thanks Received: 1

PostThu Feb 05, 2015 4:10 pm

Can Adderall affect spirituality? Every person is different. You might keep a medication diary to slowly figure out what Adderall does/doesn't do for you and possible side-effects. X-ref: ADHD, ADD. I was born with Inattentive ADHD and, for me, a mild stimulant containing caffeine (Tirend, NoDoz) works a little. The stimulant alerting agent medicine, for me, reduces distractibility and increases attention span a little. It improves my reading comprehension a little. It affects my spirituality by allowing longer periods of sustained attention. It provides, for me, beneficial effects. Everyone is different. Do some medicines affect spirituality? Yes.

Return to Philosophy and Metaphysics