It is currently Thu Jan 17, 2019 5:32 am

Announcement: Registrations are currently disabled. Apologies for any inconvenience caused.

Is Teal Swan for real OR a total BSer?

Philosophical and metaphysical/spiritual discussions non specific to religion.
  • Author

TonyVanDam

2 stars

• Thanks Received: 70

Is Teal Swan for real OR a total BSer?

PostTue Mar 18, 2014 6:31 pm

For those of you that don't know who I'm talking about, Teal Swan (birth name: Teal Scott) is a self proclaiming "spiritual catalyst". I find some of her knowledge concerning metaphysics and spiritually interesting. But giving her recent history concerning her own life story (a child abuse survivor, former teen model, an ex-boyfriend outing her as a possible cult leader, etc.), I have my own reasonable doubts about Teal the human being, even if everything she discuss in her videos are very good information. What do all of you think?

SOURCES:
http://www.thespiritualcatalyst.com/
https://www.youtube.com/user/TheSpiritu ... yst/videos

jashutson13

Funnyfarm escapee

2 stars

• Thanks Received: 145

Re: Is Teal Swan for real OR a total BSer?

PostTue Mar 18, 2014 7:37 pm

I think her story is true, she seems to have a lot of problems concerning it, and it is very apparent in her blogs. I also think she is on the fast track of becoming something she probably wouldn't want to be viewed as, some people (based on comments on her blog) feel that she needs more spiritual practice before she teaches others. My opinion is from observing people, that a lot of people seem to like to fantasize that their spiritual leaders, be perfect, or spotless. Like, some people will get angry if you point out anything that can tarnish the persons image. For me instead of looking at Teal as a leader, I'm just sharing a spiritual journey alongside her, taking her view points, and applying them in the areas of my life I would like to see fixed.
    Loki: Well when a man loves another man....

TonyVanDam

2 stars

PostTue Mar 18, 2014 11:55 pm

You know, I've never readied anything from Teal's blogs. I need to see them.

VibratingPickle

Positive Deviant

2 stars

• Thanks Received: 188

PostWed Mar 19, 2014 1:33 am

A lot of people hate her because she describes a reality beyond their comprehension. The average human fears what they do not understand. She stands out as a person that reaches too many average individuals, meaning that the system of control is being shifted too quickly for the comfort of some.

TonyVanDam

2 stars

PostWed Mar 19, 2014 2:24 am

VibratingPickle wrote:A lot of people hate her because she describes a reality beyond their comprehension. The average human fears what they do not understand. She stands out as a person that reaches too many average individuals, meaning that the system of control is being shifted too quickly for the comfort of some.

That's possible.

jashutson13

Funnyfarm escapee

2 stars

• Thanks Received: 145

PostSun Dec 25, 2016 2:10 am

Well, this is old, a lot of new info has come to light about her character, a lot of it questionable. I still find some of her advice to be sound, so we shall see what happens next.
    Loki: Well when a man loves another man....

Return to Philosophy and Metaphysics