It is currently Thu Jan 17, 2019 7:05 pm

Announcement: Registrations are currently disabled. Apologies for any inconvenience caused.

Keep seeing numbers....

Philosophical and metaphysical/spiritual discussions non specific to religion.
  • Author

TheKing

0 stars

• Thanks Received: 0

Keep seeing numbers....

PostThu Jun 11, 2015 7:39 am

I keep seeing the same numbers over again, they can be in anything whether it's the time, on TV, paper, whatever.

And I don't believe the whole, "because you're looking for them" thing. If I look for a million dollars I'm not going to coincidently find it.

Hex

Divine Self Manifest

Site Founder

3 stars

• Thanks Received: 293

Re: Keep seeing numbers....

PostThu Jun 11, 2015 12:54 pm

Any set of numbers in particular?
"When I became," said he, "the becoming became.
I have become the becoming.
I am one seeing myself, divided.
I am two and four and eight.
I am the universe in diversity.
I am my transformations.
This is my coming together.
Here are my selves become one."

-- Egyptian Book of the Dead

TheKing

0 stars

PostThu Jun 11, 2015 5:11 pm

11:11, 10:21, (my childhood address) and 3:33 I see all over.

Rec

2 stars

• Thanks Received: 149

PostThu Jun 11, 2015 5:19 pm

If you're looking at a lot of numbers then you're going to see the same numbers crop up more often, especially the ones you've consciously identified with. Recently I was seeing the numbers 13 and 33 abundantly within a short period of time which I opined may have been some kind of "omen" but I believe it was an unusual coincidence due to having consciously registered them as significant at some point after seeing a few occurrences. As an aside to that, it seems to me that I see 4:20 predominate when I look at a clock but it's likely a case of the aforementioned familiarisation with that number (thanks, internet).

TheKing

0 stars

PostThu Jun 11, 2015 6:19 pm

Rec wrote:If you're looking at a lot of numbers then you're going to see the same numbers crop up more often, especially the ones you've consciously identified with. Recently I was seeing the numbers 13 and 33 abundantly within a short period of time which I opined may have been some kind of "omen" but I believe it was an unusual coincidence due to having consciously registered them as significant at some point after seeing a few occurrences. As an aside to that, it seems to me that I see 4:20 predominate when I look at a clock but it's likely a case of the aforementioned familiarisation with that number (thanks, internet).

And I don't believe the whole, "because you're looking for them" thing. If I look for a million dollars I'm not going to coincidently find it.

That explanation never made sense to me.

Rec

2 stars

PostFri Jun 12, 2015 5:22 am

It's not that you're looking for them per se but you're going to emphasise the numbers you've attached significance to and dismiss the one's that don't have as much significance even if they appear quite frequently. It's up to you what you want to believe though, it's not going to have any bearing on reality.

Sarge

Heterodox Innovator

1.5 stars

• Thanks Received: 98

PostFri Jun 12, 2015 5:30 am

Rec, you're consciously attached to the no. 420 because you are a stoner of the highest degree.

I was seeing alot of 11's some years back and it bothered the hell out of me. Had enough so i focused my attention on the number 12 and viola. 11 was gone.

Rec

2 stars

PostFri Jun 12, 2015 5:50 am

Sarge wrote:Rec, you're consciously attached to the no. 420 because you are a stoner of the highest degree.

The operative word is "were", but even so, it took about a year of constant exposure to the number and it's pop culture connotations for it to have any real influence on me; supplanting the famous 11:11 that TheKing used in his example. P.S. Good to see you around.

Sarge

Heterodox Innovator

1.5 stars

• Thanks Received: 98

PostFri Jun 12, 2015 6:01 am

Guess we both "were". Funnily enough, i never came across the 420 numerology in my stone age, but have stumbled across it very often more recently. Could be a result of my Mother calling me a 420 in the mother tongue, the connotations of which i have yet to ask.

enkidu2368

Praetor-

3 stars

• Thanks Received: 285

PostFri Jun 12, 2015 5:15 pm

The numbers 20-5 have always been important to me somehow, especially 21,22,23rd date wise on months...
...this world is only play and amusement, pomp and mutual boasting among you, and rivalry in respect of wealth and children, as the likeness of vegetation after rain, thereof the growth is pleasing to the tiller; afterwards it dries up and you see it turning yellow; then it becomes straw. Al-Hadid (020)
Next

Return to Philosophy and Metaphysics