It is currently Tue Mar 26, 2019 3:54 am

Announcement: Registrations are currently disabled. Apologies for any inconvenience caused.

Is Our Brain All We Are?

Philosophical and metaphysical/spiritual discussions non specific to religion.
  • Author

Thy Unveiling

Creeper's Creeper

1 star

• Thanks Received: 123

Re: Who ruled heaven on this day. God or Satan?

PostSat Feb 11, 2017 7:06 pm

Karlysymon wrote:

Having an insomniac three year old, I relate all too well to the mother here.

Not really relevant to the conversation, but I haven't been myself this past week or so and don't have much to say on any topic. But the comic was cute and too true.
"It's this house that's gone mad! I'm as sane as can be!" ~ICP; Madhouse

Karlysymon

1.5 stars

• Thanks Received: 282

Re: Is Our Brain All We Are?

PostSat Feb 11, 2017 10:31 pm

Sorry about that TU. Hoping all is on the mend. Have a great weekend.

Taragaia

Awake

1.5 stars

• Thanks Received: 273

Re: Is Our Brain All We Are?

PostMon Feb 13, 2017 12:17 pm

I don't think our brain is all we are, but I do think it is directly connected to the body we have in this life and therefore shapes our actions and beliefs in this life. For instance, when you are a woman you will have a female brain and it will make you do feminine things you wouldn't do if you were born male.

I think the essence of us is seperate from the body, that which we call a 'soul'. However, as a Buddhist I consider this soul to be something that is bigger than my personality in this life, and not tied to the ego ''me'' that is governed by my brain living in this body.

So when I die, the ''ego-me'' dies and does not come back. Taragaia will have gone forever. I have felt that quite strongly during my NDE. But I also knew that state of ''other'' is really peaceful.

So when my soul gets a rebirth, it will be tied to a different perception because I will have a different brain. Karmic law will determine what way I return, based on my actions in this life and how they have affected the purity of my soul.
The only way out is in
Previous

Return to Philosophy and Metaphysics