It is currently Sun Nov 19, 2017 3:56 pm

Announcement: The Vigilant Forums have been reopened! Please see here for further information.

The Official Spiritual Wisdom/Ramblings/Quotes Thread

Philosophical and metaphysical/spiritual discussions non specific to religion.
  • Author

Hex

Divine Self Manifest

Site Founder

3 stars

• Thanks Received: 293

The Official Spiritual Wisdom/Ramblings/Quotes Thread

PostWed Mar 20, 2013 10:13 pm

The Official Spiritual/Philosophical Wisdom/Ramblings/Quotes Thread

I have toyed around with the idea of making this thread for a while and feel it would serve excellent use for all our members. The idea is similar to the positivity thread, however here you can freely post anything worthy you may have found inspirational no matter how 'random' it may be so long as it is based upon the spiritual or the philosophies; from quotes/poems to new 'discoveries' or links/sites to videos which do not necessarily deserve it's own thread. 'Philosophical'/'Spiritual' rambling might be an apt descriptor.

I'll start off:

"Your task is not to seek for love, but merely to seek and find all the barriers within yourself that you have built against it." - Rumi

"The ego says, ‘I shouldn’t have to suffer,’ and that thought makes you suffer so much more. It is a distortion of the truth, which is always paradoxical. The truth is that you need to say yes to suffering before you can transcend it.“ - Eckhart Tolle

“That which is below is like that which is above, and that which is above is like that which is below, to perform the miracles of one only thing.” - Hermes Trismegistus

"The first known thing in the creation is infinity. The infinity is creation." - Ra

"Why should I stay at the bottom of a well, when a strong rope is in my hand?" - Rumi

“One does not become enlightened by imagining figures of light, but by making the darkness conscious.” - C.G. Jung

"You are unconditionally supported at all times. The universe is willing to support you in any belief about reality. If you believe that you are undeserving, etc. your reality will reflect these ideas." - Bashar

"Therefore, as always, make of this voice what you choose to make of it. Make of me what you choose to make of me, but recognize within yourselves the vitality of your being. And look to no man or no idea or no woman or no dogma, but the vitality of your own being, and trust it. And that which offends your soul, turn away from, but trust yourself" - Seth

“Everything that irritates us about others can lead us to an understanding of ourselves.” - C.G. Jung

“All learning is remembering” - Plato
"When I became," said he, "the becoming became.
I have become the becoming.
I am one seeing myself, divided.
I am two and four and eight.
I am the universe in diversity.
I am my transformations.
This is my coming together.
Here are my selves become one."

-- Egyptian Book of the Dead

Hex

Divine Self Manifest

Site Founder

3 stars

Re: The Official Spiritual Wisdom/Ramblings/Quotes Thread

PostWed Mar 20, 2013 10:28 pm

Ye have heard that it hath been said, Thou shalt love thy neighbour, and hate thine enemy. But I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you. - Jesus

You are not just the drop in the ocean. You are the mighty ocean in the drop. – Rumi

“If then you do not make yourself equal to God, you cannot apprehend God; for like is known by like.

Leap clear of all that is corporeal, and make yourself grown to a like expanse with that greatness which is beyond all measure; rise above all time and become eternal; then you will apprehend God. Think that for you too nothing is impossible; deem that you too are immortal, and that you are able to grasp all things in your thought, to know every craft and science; find your home in the haunts of every living creature; make yourself higher than all heights and lower than all depths; bring together in yourself all opposites of quality, heat and cold, dryness and fluidity; think that you are everywhere at once, on land, at sea, in heaven; think that you are not yet begotten, that you are in the womb, that you are young, that you are old, that you have died, that you are in the world beyond the grave; grasp in your thought all of this at once, all times and places, all substances and qualities and magnitudes together; then you can apprehend God.

But if you shut up your soul in your body, and abase yourself, and say “I know nothing, I can do nothing; I am afraid of earth and sea, I cannot mount to heaven; I know not what I was, nor what I shall be,” then what have you to do with God?”

- Hermes Trismegistus, Hermetica: The Greek Corpus Hermeticum and the Latin Asclepius in New English Translation
I am my transformations.

Cheetah

MissRose

1.5 stars

• Thanks Received: 46

PostThu Mar 21, 2013 2:45 am

The fact that I can plant a seed and it becomes a flower, share a bit of knowledge and it becomes another's, smile at someone and receive a smile in return, are to me continual spiritual exercises. -Leo Buscaglia

Reach high, for stars lie hidden in your soul.
Dream deep, for every dream precedes the goal.”
-Pamela Vaull Starr

Gosh - so many more...

Astral

Creeper

2 stars

• Location: about 3/4 away from the center of the Milky Way Galaxy
  • Thanks Received: 123

PostThu Mar 21, 2013 5:00 am

“My heart can take on any form:
A meadow for gazelles,
A cloister for monks,
For the idols, sacred ground,
Ka'ba for the circling pilgrim,
The tables of the Torah,
The scrolls of the Quran.

My creed is Love;
Wherever its caravan turns along the way,
That is my belief,
My faith.”

― Ibn Arabi
"There are among the people murderers who have never committed murder, thieves who have never stolen and liars who have spoken nothing but the truth."

"And God said, Love your enemy, & I obeyed Him & loved myself."

--Khalil Gibran

enkidu2368

Praetor-

3 stars

• Thanks Received: 284

PostThu Mar 21, 2013 5:55 am

"When ignorant people hear the philosophers say, for example, that gold is a metal that develops gradually towards perfection, they imagine that gold has to pass through the stages of being lead, tin, copper, silver and finally gold.

They cannot comprehend that what the philosophers mean is the same as when they say that man has developed gradually into the state in which he is. They imagine that what the philosophers are saying is that man starts by being a bull, then becomes an ass, then a mare, then a monkey, then man" - Al-Khazzini, 12th century

“When it comes to a love of beauty or desire for wealth and honors, people go ahead regardless of others. And righteousness is the greatest thing in the world. So why should one follow others in doing it?”- Mozi

phpBB [video]

*put in other thread before lol *
...this world is only play and amusement, pomp and mutual boasting among you, and rivalry in respect of wealth and children, as the likeness of vegetation after rain, thereof the growth is pleasing to the tiller; afterwards it dries up and you see it turning yellow; then it becomes straw. Al-Hadid (020)

MistyMountain

1.5 stars

• Thanks Received: 53

PostThu Mar 21, 2013 6:04 am

The Tao Te Ching ~

23rd Verse ~

To talk little is natural:
Fierce winds do not blow all morning;
a downpour of rain does not last the day
Who does this? Heaven and earth.

But these are exaggerated, forced effects,
and that is why they cannot be sustained.
If heaven and earth cannot sustain a forced action,
how much less is a man able to do?

Those who follow the Way
become one with the Way.
Those who follow goodness
become one with goodness.
Those who stray from the Way and goodness
become one with failure.

If you conform to the Way,
its power flows through you.
Your actions become those of nature,
your ways those of heaven.

Open yourself to the Tao
and trust your natural responses ...
then everything will fall into place.

enkidu2368

Praetor-

3 stars

• Thanks Received: 284

PostThu Mar 21, 2013 6:21 am

1)When it comes to solomonic magic on a macrcosmic level (and remember magic was always concerned with causing discord between man and wife)
| Show Quote
They followed what the Shayatin (devils) gave out (falsely of the magic) in the lifetime of Sulaiman (Solomon). Sulaiman did not disbelieve, but the Shayatin (devils) disbelieved, teaching men magic and such things that came down at Babylon to the two angels, Harut and Marut, but neither of these two (angels) taught anyone (such things) till they had said, "We are only for trial, so disbelieve not (by learning this magic from us)." And from these (angels) people learn that by which they cause separation between man and his wife, but they could not thus harm anyone except by Allah's Leave. And they learn that which harms them and profits them not. And indeed they knew that the buyers of it (magic) would have no share in the Hereafter. And how bad indeed was that for which they sold their ownselves, if they but knew.
it would be good advice to take into consideration the idea of Bayah/ or social contract between the rulers and the ruled , which in religious legalese terms has similar mechanics to the marriage contract.

Dissolve:Breeak Apart

Couagulate: Literally a Clot, a coming together of separate elements (and a new thesis?)

The uniting of these two principles as a monistic monadic whole (best expressed perhaps by the baphopment)are easily understood when described in the German word Aufheben.

phpBB [video]

"At one time through love all things come together into one, at another time, through strife's hatred, they are borne each of them apart."- Empedocles

phpBB [video]

2) It must also be remembered that everything happens by the streamlined will of Allah, so people who sell their souls to satan actually have it wrong, it would be more wise to ask the God of Abraham (or however you see the supreme traditional deity) whether you could exchange the life of this world for the next.

3) It is a great Irony that Christians accuse the Gabriel who appeared to the prophet as a deceiver, they claim that only non-prophet are given messages through angels, whereas prophets generally speak to God directly. What they don't take into account is the angel of the lord which stopped Abraham from sacrificing his son (or is it also one of those angels? there's food for thought... The idea that it was Lucifer, *ram?* who stopped the space-time genocide of that entire lineage).

Actually, you could almost say there's a plan to put right that mistake :/ *assuming from the end of those who think the angel wasn't correct...*

hmm.. thats all i have now :3
...this world is only play and amusement, pomp and mutual boasting among you, and rivalry in respect of wealth and children, as the likeness of vegetation after rain, thereof the growth is pleasing to the tiller; afterwards it dries up and you see it turning yellow; then it becomes straw. Al-Hadid (020)

Hex

Divine Self Manifest

Site Founder

3 stars

PostFri Mar 22, 2013 12:42 am

On a Alan Watts binge.

phpBB [video]

phpBB [video]
I am my transformations.

Wakey

Karuna.

1 star

• Thanks Received: 98

PostSat Mar 23, 2013 3:08 pm

phpBB [video]
"Love the whole world as a mother loves her only child." - Buddha.

Wakey

Karuna.

1 star

• Thanks Received: 98

PostMon Mar 25, 2013 12:07 am

People demand respect as if its some universal right, something ALL people deserve. Really? Well don’t all living beings deserve the same respect then?

I respect those who are sincerely trying to do no harm wherever possible, based on the information they have.

The rest are monsters.

Woke up today thinking about how odd it is to be letting rip like this, ranting straight out with WTF are you doing you monsters?! Its funny because my entire life I spent trying to do the opposite….doing the opposite.

I went from being a helpful child, to a helpful young woman. Striving always to understand, to support, to listen. I took it to such extremes. Somehow this desire to experience all that life had to offer took me to some very dark places. I met beautiful troubled souls who had killed people for a living, who had experienced depths of darkness and done things they deeply regretted. Or were driven mad by, split and made insane by what they’d experienced, so that these people could be beautiful, extraordinarily empathic and sensitive one moment, and utterly evil in the next. Still, I loved them. Like it was my mission in life to love and understand. I did understand. All that human stuff I really do get. How confusing our relationships can be, how twisted we can become with ourselves and one another. I understand we hurt because we are wounded, and we are all lost in a labyrinth, trying to see ourselves more clearly, and balance taking care of ourselves, with being responsible and sensitive to one another.

I even trained as a counsellor, and spent some years working with again, deeply troubled people, who could tell me all kinds of awful things but I never struggled to accept or understand them, care about them unconditionally.

Then suddenly I woke up vegan, then became an activist. Now its like I’ve had enough. My understanding has a limit.

All the people who lied, cheated, stole from me, messed with my head intentionally, I understood. I’ve been attacked in the woods by a man and the first thing I felt afterwards was sadness and compassion for him. I was almost as good as raped by someone I knew, sure I was pissed off for a week, but I forgave him, understood, made peace with him. As I’ve grown older (now 45) I’ve been deeply hurt by how abusive and cold men can be to older women, after putting us on a pedestal when we are young. But y’know… I get it, I understand all of that. All our ego nonsense, our unmet needs which drive us to do these awful things. I understand the confusion between us humans and how we can hurt one another.

What I do not understand… at all… is how anyone, no matter what has happened to them in life, or is happening now, cannot understand the simple obvious truth. I get it that some people don’t know, but those who know, those who have heard all the details, seen the images, know they don’t have to hurt animals for any nutritional needs, know the planet is dying, know that a billion people are starving whilst we feed 80% of the world’s grain to animals… I do not forgive or understand anyone who can argue to continue the abuse, slaughter, massacre and destruction.

No we do not all deserve to be loved unconditionally for what we do. We don’t just deserve respect…whoever thought that idea up was guilty of something.

Vegan From The Heart.
"Love the whole world as a mother loves her only child." - Buddha.

Next

Return to Philosophy and Metaphysics