It is currently Mon May 20, 2019 9:20 pm

Announcement: Registrations are currently disabled. Apologies for any inconvenience caused.

The Official Spiritual Wisdom/Ramblings/Quotes Thread

Philosophical and metaphysical/spiritual discussions non specific to religion.
  • Author

Hex

Divine Self Manifest

Site Founder

3 stars

• Thanks Received: 293

Re: The Official Spiritual Wisdom/Ramblings/Quotes Thread

PostTue May 06, 2014 9:56 pm

Click to enlarge:

"When I became," said he, "the becoming became.
I have become the becoming.
I am one seeing myself, divided.
I am two and four and eight.
I am the universe in diversity.
I am my transformations.
This is my coming together.
Here are my selves become one."

-- Egyptian Book of the Dead

Chitu

0.5 stars

• Thanks Received: 10

PostFri May 09, 2014 3:03 pm

"I do not know how to teach philosophy without becoming a disturber of established religion."
—Baruch Spinoza

Wakey

Karuna.

1 star

• Thanks Received: 98

PostWed May 14, 2014 11:56 am

Like trees who share the same root system, we are but individual expressions of a greater whole. While raising revolution from within, we are also serving the quickening of collective consciousness.

As we learn to listen to our bodies and honour the intelligence of our feelings and dreams, we are contributing to the awakening of Gaia Consciousness on Earth.

Our personal embodiment practice serves as an example to everyone we come into contact with, but it also reverberates at the level of the collective. It provokes the growing awareness that we are one giant, living organism and, as organs of the Earth - like eyes and ears - we serve a greater whole.

The cues that we are taking from our dreams are the cues of our greater dreambody, which is only interested in choices that result in collective harmony and sustainability.

http://www.facebook.com/DreamworkWithTokopa

http://www.etsy.com/ca/shop/RobinQuinlivan
"Love the whole world as a mother loves her only child." - Buddha.

enkidu2368

Praetor-

3 stars

• Thanks Received: 285

PostThu May 15, 2014 11:48 am

phpBB [video]

The Great Invocation is a world prayer, translated into almost 70 languages and dialects. It is an instrument of power to aid the Plan of God find full expression on Earth. To use it is an act of service to humanity and the Christ. It expresses certain central truths which all people innately and normally accept:

That there exists a basic intelligence to whom we give the name of God.
That there is a divine evolutionary Plan in the universe – the motivating power of which is love.
That a great individuality called by Christians the Christ – the World Teacher – came to Earth and embodied that love so that we could understand that love and intelligence are effects of the purpose, the will and the Plan of God. Many religions believe in a World Teacher, knowing him under such names as the Lord Maitreya, the Imam Mahdi, and the Messiah.
The truth that only through humanity itself can the divine Plan work out.
By means of invocation, prayer and meditation divine energies can be released and brought into activity. Men and women of goodwill of many faiths and nations can join together in world service, bringing spiritual value and strength to a troubled world. Men and women have the power, through focused, united invocation, to affect world events. Knowledge of this fact, scientifically applied, can be one of the great liberating factors within humanity.

No one can use this Invocation or prayer for illumination and for love without causing powerful changes in attitudes and life intention. As we think in the heart, so are we. Will you use this Invocation every day, with thought and dedication?

The effect of individual prayer and invocation for light and love can be immeasurably increased when there is conscious recognition and relationship in thought with all who use the Great Invocation daily. Many people ask two friends to link up with them each day in the voicing of this world prayer, so that a triangle of lighted relationship is created. The strength of many dedicated individuals and small groups can be focused through the use of this potent Invocation and a "network" of light and love built around the globe

Suggestions for work

Reflect for a few moments every day on the Invocation in an effort to understand its deeper meanings. Then say the Great Invocation with concentration and intention. As you do so, visualise God's Light and Love and Will-to-Good entering the hearts and minds of people everywhere.
If you wish to work as a triangle unit, ask two friends to join with you. When using the Invocation unite mentally with them and then visualise this triangle as linked to the network formed by all others engaged in this world service.
The Great Invocation is not exclusive to any particular religion, sect or group. It is distributed as a service by World Goodwill. Additional copies of this leaflet, or the Invocation printed on cards, may be had on request. Financial contributions are welcomed and needed to widen the field the Invocation serves.

http://www.lucistrust.org/en/service_activities/the_great_invocation__1/what_is_the_great_invocation
...this world is only play and amusement, pomp and mutual boasting among you, and rivalry in respect of wealth and children, as the likeness of vegetation after rain, thereof the growth is pleasing to the tiller; afterwards it dries up and you see it turning yellow; then it becomes straw. Al-Hadid (020)

enkidu2368

Praetor-

3 stars

PostWed May 21, 2014 1:34 am

This is going to be a long post, but the comment was too interesting (as was the whole thread and article) not to...

http://christianityisdead.wordpress.com/2010/01/26/thelema-unites-that-which-christianity-divided-apart/

Do what thou wilt shall be the whole of the Law.
Hello, Kevin. It seems you want to talk about hate and logic. The latter of these is one of my favorite subjects, as I have two degrees on philosophy and I specialized in formal logic and philosophy of mathematics. I TAed in logic for two years and have taught both beginner and intermediate classes, covering up to and including first and many-ordered sentential and predicate logics.

First, you have to understand that when a Thelemite, or any person who truly believes that spiritual principles are also metaphysical principles, means several levels of things when they use a word like “love”. Love is the principle of unification, a tendency of disparate things to come together, releasing energy and extending the nature of each. As such, it applies to everything from sex to romantic love to gravity to fusion. Now, continue this analogy to the physical plane and you will see that your question of hate is a bit meaningless…hate is simply repulsive charge or valence, the principle that divides the united so that they may possess the opportunity to once again be united in love. The most important metaphysical formula of Thelema is 0=2…this is the formula of hate, if you want to call it that, except the animosity is an illusion borne of misunderstanding. The reverse formula is that of love, 2=0, where the disparate elements have become united completely, resolving their charge. Just as in nature, all hate is is the repulsion of charged entities. In physics bringing together such forces releases vast light and energy, and the same is true on all other levels.

Secondly, your notion of the rules of logic is simplistic, more on the level of the 19th century than the 21st.
1) The axiom of non-contradiction is not necessary to the parsing of truth values of well-formed propositions. Please see paraconsistent logics, fuzzy logics, and quantum logics. The main reason these logics have been developed in that logic doesn’t really work, or rather it only works in the realm of thought; any place the rubber meets the road, such as complex systems like the internet, weather, etc, it just doesn’t work anymore. If one attempts to parse using logics susceptible to the Principle of Explosion, the first inconsistency will render the entire argument useless, making many, many things that we do, from your anti-viruses heuristics testing to weather prediction, impossible.
2) Logical possibility is not equal to metaphysical possibility. Logic is a tool for thinking about things, metaphysics is the things. Go ahead, try it. Come up with “true” statements that are metaphysically false. They will follow all the rules of normal sentential logic, but be absurd because of the content.
3) Axioms aren’t axiomatic, they are pragmatic. Please see the work of Quine and almost any philosopher of the modern era.

Thelemism doesn’t imply any hatred of Christianity, per se. I don’t hate Christianity. I think the exoteric portions of it are absurdities made to keep barbarians in line, while the esoteric portions have been superseded and corrected by the new formula of the Aeon. Of course, not being privy to the esoteric portions, how would you know?

Keep that rhetoric up, though. I’m sure it will help you sleep at night. Every element in the world cries out that the formula of the Dying God has been superseded by that of the Child. Even the remains of Christianity are busy trying to embrace the new Aeon because nothing about the old one makes sense to them anymore (at least the parts not fighting lawsuits over molested kids or blaming natural disasters on Haitian pacts with the non-existent devil). Health and Wealth, Rapture, Spirit-filled…pick your poison, they are all a “different gospel”.

Keep kicking and screaming all you want, but you know in your heart “those damn kids” have take over and no Dying-and-
Reborn Daddy is going to ever be paid attention to again, not really. You might be able to terrify the stupid about Hell for a little while longer, but not many, and not for much longer, because it just won’t make sense to them, while, whether they put in terms of “personal growth” or “following bliss”, almost everyone already believes “Do what thou wilt”, regardless of their professed religion, and the ones who don’t are dying off everyday.

All those things the Christians freak out about…gay marriage and the acceptance of sexual freedom, legalization of drugs, free thought in general…they are all happening, and have been happening steadily for slightly over a century. Why do think that is so? Did you think you were going to get a choice about the Procession of the Aeons? Did the pagans get a choice when it was the Dying God’s turn? You mistake what Crowley announced…it wasn’t just a new religion, it was a new state of existence, a new metaphysical principle that was going to define human consciousness.

Crowley once said a similar thing to a student of his who was caterwauling about the ethics of chapter 3 of the Book of the Law:
“You disagree with Aiwass—so do all of us. The trouble is that He can say: ‘But I’m not arguing. I’m telling you.’”
“Do what thou wilt” is not a normative statement, it’s a constituting statement. It doesn’t say what we should do so much as what is going to occur. It is occurring, hence the world the way it is.

I don’t know what you’re complaining about. St. John predicted all of it. You guy’s have been praying for the “End Times” forever…I see the whining at Rapture Ready all the time. Well, here it is. Your End Times have come. The Beast was here, along with several Scarlet Women…came and went. I suppose, in a fit of natural egotism you thought your End was going to be everyone’s end, but…well, it’s not all about you. You wanted the end of the world, you got it…the end of YOUR world.

Look around you. Look at the governments, the businesses, the styles, the media, the music, the culture in general. Look at the natural, intuitive choices of the younger generations. Then ask yourself honestly if this situation is being governed by a paternalistic Dying-God rather than the Crowned and Conquering Child.

You had your chance, 2000 years of it. It’s time to share the toys with the other children.

And no, no one has ever told me I look like Fred Savage.

Love is the law, love under will.

phpBB [video]

Kinda reminds me of some of the posts by others on here about something similar to the move in consciousness over these years. Obviously whether this is 'negative' or not is upto debate.

:3 .
...this world is only play and amusement, pomp and mutual boasting among you, and rivalry in respect of wealth and children, as the likeness of vegetation after rain, thereof the growth is pleasing to the tiller; afterwards it dries up and you see it turning yellow; then it becomes straw. Al-Hadid (020)

enkidu2368

Praetor-

3 stars

PostWed May 21, 2014 3:25 pm

Nietzsche wrote: He often chose falsely in his desire to find real trust and compassion in men, only to return with a heavy heart to his faithful dog again. He was absolutely alone, with no single friend of his own kind to comfort him; and between one and none there lies an infinity—as ever between something and nothing. No one who has true friends knows what real loneliness means, though he may have the whole world in antagonism round him. Ah, I see well ye do not know what isolation is! Whenever there are great societies with governments and religions and public opinions where there is a tyranny, in short, there will the lonely philosopher be hated: for philosophy offers an asylum to mankind where no tyranny can penetrate, the inner sanctuary, the centre of the heart's labyrinth: and the tyrants are galled at it. Here do the lonely men lie hid: but here too lurks their greatest danger. These men who have saved their inner freedom, must also live and be seen in the outer world: they stand in countless human relations by their birth, position, education and country, their own circumstances and the importunity of others: and so they are presumed to hold an immense number of opinions, simply because these happen to prevail: every look that is not a denial counts as an assent, every motion of the hand that does not destroy is regarded as an aid. These free and lonely men know that they perpetually seem other than they are. While they wish for nothing but truth and honesty, they are in a net of misunderstanding; and that ardent desire cannot prevent a mist of false opinions, of adaptations and wrong conclusions, of partial misapprehension and intentional reticence, from gathering round their actions, And there settles a cloud of melancholy on their brows : for such natures hate the necessity of pretence worse than death : and the continual bitterness gives them a threatening and volcanic character. They take revenge from time to time for their forced concealment and self-restraint: they issue from their dens with lowering looks: their words and deeds are explosive, and may lead to their own destruction. Schopenhauer lived amid dangers of this sort. Such lonely men need love, and friends, to whom they can be as open and sincere as to themselves, and in whose presence the deadening silence and hypocrisy may cease. Take their friends away, and there is left an increasing peril; Heinrich von Kleist was broken by the lack of love, and the most terrible weapon against unusual men is to drive them into themselves; and then their issuing forth again is a volcanic eruption. Yet there are always some demi-gods who can bear life under these fearful conditions and can be their conquerors: and if you would hear their lonely chant, listen to the music of Beethoven.

Wakey

Karuna.

1 star

PostSat May 24, 2014 11:52 am

:Rofl:

enkidu2368

Praetor-

3 stars

PostMon May 26, 2014 6:49 pm

"Consciousness expresses itself through creation.
This world we live in is the dance of the Creator.
Dancers come and go in the twinkling of an eye but the dance lives on.
On many occasion when I am dancing, I have felt touched by something sacred.
In those moments, I felt my spirit soar and become one with everything that exists.
I became the stars and the moon.
I became the master and the slave.
I became the knower and the known.
I keep dancing and then it is the eternal dance of creation.
The Creator and the creation merge into one wholeness of joy.
I keep on dancing until there is only....... the dance. (Michael Jackson- "Dancing the Dream" )

huh...

Rec

2 stars

• Thanks Received: 149

PostTue May 27, 2014 1:58 pm

^"Ghosts" and "Morphine" are great tracks on that album.

Wakey

Karuna.

1 star

PostWed May 28, 2014 11:12 pm

PreviousNext

Return to Philosophy and Metaphysics