It is currently Thu Dec 13, 2018 9:23 am

Announcement: Registrations are currently disabled. Apologies for any inconvenience caused.

The Official Spiritual Wisdom/Ramblings/Quotes Thread

Philosophical and metaphysical/spiritual discussions non specific to religion.
  • Author

Hex

Divine Self Manifest

Site Founder

3 stars

• Thanks Received: 293

Re: The Official Spiritual Wisdom/Ramblings/Quotes Thread

PostMon Jun 02, 2014 1:19 pm

"A man must first of all understand certain things. He has thousands of false ideas and false conceptions, chiefly about himself, and he must get rid of some of them before beginning to acquire anything new. Otherwise the new will be built on a wrong foundation and the result will be worse than before. To speak the truth is the most difficult thing in the world; one must study a great deal and for a long time in order to speak the truth. The wish alone is not enough. To speak the truth one must know what the truth is and what a lie is, and first of all in oneself. And this nobody wants to know." - G.I. Gurdjieff
"When I became," said he, "the becoming became.
I have become the becoming.
I am one seeing myself, divided.
I am two and four and eight.
I am the universe in diversity.
I am my transformations.
This is my coming together.
Here are my selves become one."

-- Egyptian Book of the Dead

Wakey

Karuna.

1 star

• Thanks Received: 98

PostThu Jun 05, 2014 11:20 pm

You have a guidance system built from within. We all know that we come here for a unique purpose and have a unique expression, but our creativity and expression is not limited to creating visual art, or music, or cooking....

The entire universe is our canvas. Our own morphogenetic field is a canvas. Our networks of beliefs, neural pathways, physiology, friendships, and really anything that we are capable of conceptualizing is a canvas.

In the world we live in much of the suffering of the past has come from allowing others to paint our painting... to create our biology, to create our beliefs, to create our neural pathways, to create templates and realities......
Now creating these realities and opportunities is awesome, but disempowerment comes from believing that the realities presented to us are "the way it is"... that they are somehow solid... that a painting can't be altered or re-created..

Each of us is unique.... we have certain quirks and interests... we have an intuitional system that always knows what brings us joy, and will serve the Self in the form of all that is.

The truth is we are always choosing what we want to believe, we are choosing the templates that create our experiences, we are choosing what patterns we empower.... we are choosing whether or not to paint our canvases with our original expression or copying someone else's...

The joy that comes from original expression, and allowing your own uniqueness to shine through, valuing your self and your creations more than others.... is what we are here for. To share in our uniqueness... To tune into what we resonate with... without the influences of others.

I encourage you all... value yourself... choose to believe whatever brings you joy. Choose to do what you want, as the divinity you are. Allow yourself to remember that we are in a playground.... you get to create your beliefs, you create your experiences and interactions.
Remember your mastery.

Saying "do whatever you want" to many could be perceived as anarchy.
but if you are acting from your Divine Creator Self, what many call the Higher Self.... doing whatever you want is a beautiful thing, and its not that there are no "rules"... its just that each action follows laws that are not governed by reason or logic, but the laws of source and truth.
"Love the whole world as a mother loves her only child." - Buddha.

Rec

2 stars

• Thanks Received: 149

PostSat Jun 21, 2014 2:50 pm

“Let us ask what the goal of education is, if it is not the enlightening of man, the illumining of all his abysses and pits, the banishing of all darkness from him. How can man disperse the cosmic darkness that assails him from all sides, and how can he banish the darkness from his being without that one light, without God, without Christ? Even with all the light that is his, man without God is but a firefly in the endless darkness of this universe.”

+St. Justin Popovich

Chitu

0.5 stars

• Thanks Received: 10

PostMon Aug 18, 2014 1:15 pm

"We [humanity] are similar to those who enter or depart from a foreign region, not only in casting aside our native manners and customs; but from the long use of a strange country we are imbued with affections, manners, and laws foreign from our natural and true religion, and with a strong propensity to these unnatural habits." ~~ Porphyry

Rec

2 stars

• Thanks Received: 149

PostFri Aug 22, 2014 3:31 pm

What you think sleep is for? A deeper cause
Preparing us for the other side til the reaper calls
phpBB [video]

Chitu

0.5 stars

PostMon Aug 25, 2014 2:33 am

"As man's material nature increased his spirituality decreased, and as his intuition tended to become dormant means were sought which might restore his ancient status. The discipline necessary for this purpose was neither suitable nor agreeable to the majority, and this led to the establishment of secret or esoteric schools for those who sought the higher spiritual development."
--John Yarker,
The Arcane Schools

That's what Ceremonial Magic is primarily for--a conscious reconfiguration of the constitution of the soul while the spirit is still in the physical body in order to attain a predetermined and desired post-mortem state of existence.

Chitu

0.5 stars

PostTue Sep 09, 2014 5:20 am

"Longinus is a man of letters, but in no sense a philosopher."--Plotinus

Chitu

0.5 stars

PostWed Sep 24, 2014 11:13 am

"Books giving instructions for invoking angels or demons, performing divination and gaining magical powers, have circulated throughout Europe since the Middle Ages."

"No one man should have all that power. The clock's ticking, I just count the hours"

Wakey

Karuna.

1 star

• Thanks Received: 98

PostThu Oct 23, 2014 1:15 am

It is such a joy to be with you all. There is a large family that has gathered again and again here on planet Earth. The Family of Light—you can call it a number of different things–we call it the Family of E, Lightworkers. Many of you have come in at this time with the intention of bringing the collective to the highest level possible. That is very beautiful yet very difficult, so we wish to speak with you about what is ahead and what each of you can do. Dear ones, you can take a part i what is happening in the world around you to make space for the new empowered human. That is truly what is going on. There are significant adjustments occurring on planet Earth. We have spoken of the tension of the tectonic plates and how humans are picking up on it, sometimes overreacting. You have come in and started to balance the masculine and the feminine. This is a challenging balance for you because you have always seen things as polarity, as opposites. To suddenly begin seeing everything as connected and whole is very difficult for humans, although you are aware that is where you are now Dear ones, you are some of the most important people that can help to ground the new thought in this new energy. Yes, you have come in with this idea but at times it means holding a truth that is against what your parents taught and even what you have learned in other areas. That is one of the more freeing parts of who you are, and the new humanity is available on planet Earth. We are very excited to share this with you today.

Now your tendency is to polarize everything and say, “Oh that is them, not us. We are different, for that is only this segment of people.” Dear ones, re-member they are humans, they are a part of you and part of your experience on Earth. What we ask you all to do is to start seeing the larger picture of how you can connect based on what you have in common, instead of only how you are different. It is a little bit against your nature because you have come in with this separation anxiety, pretending to be separate from each other while you experience humanity and yourself. It is time to change, dear ones, and that is what is happening now. On a larger scale there is an energy change coming, and that will take some time to adjust to. We wish we could tell you that on a specific date the energy will change and everyone will feel better. What we will give you is a rough date that has to do with the evolution of humanity. shifting and that is in late March of next year.

It is with the greatest of honor that we ask you to treat each other with respect. Nurture one another every way that you can. It is why you came. Know that it is a brand new game that you are playing dear ones. And play well together.
Espavo.

https://www.facebook.com/KeeperOfThePla ... ref=stream
"Love the whole world as a mother loves her only child." - Buddha.

Scimitar

Servant of God

4 stars

• Thanks Received: 582

PostThu Oct 23, 2014 3:00 am

aphrodite wrote:
Scimitar wrote:Love how to learn - and you - learn how to love :)

I read that in a book called Sophies World, years ago. Don't know who its attributed to though.

The author is Jostein Gaarder, Sophie's World is a very good easy reading book about philosophy.

I read it well over ten or 15 yrs ago (my sister, the govt scientist - recommended it to me during my depression / soul searching phase of life), and it served as a very easy to digest introduction into the philosophers - philosophy became a favourite chase of mine and then I came across Al Ghazali, to me, he is the pen-ultimate philosopher because he wrote the most amazing book I have read on the subject - The Incoherence of the Philosophers, and that was a most amazing trip into my own "self"... I learnt absolutely loads and kept having those WOW / EUREKA moments time and time again :)

Now, I hate philosophy because those who talk the talk - do not walk the walk - and that has never been any truer than in our own modern age of compromised souls.

True spiritual self enlightenment is not in quotes or meditating - but in doing and doing it well - for the common good of all living things... that is TRUE self enlightenment.

Scimi

I have nothing to do with any recommendations to join any war on any person , race or community. I do not support ISIS nor any other movement, I seek opportunities to unite mankind, I seek to look at common ground and choose to ignore differences. I do not support violence, I condemn it. I have no affiliations with any promoting of violence be it political, racial or religious.
PreviousNext

Return to Philosophy and Metaphysics