It is currently Thu May 23, 2019 6:42 am

Announcement: Registrations are currently disabled. Apologies for any inconvenience caused.

Is doing evil a necessity of life?

Theological and spiritual discussions within the context of a religious framework.
  • Author

Gnostic Bishop

2 stars

• Thanks Received: 114

Re: Is doing evil a necessity of life?

PostThu Apr 13, 2017 5:42 pm

Creeper wrote:
Gnostic Bishop wrote:
Are ad-hominem insults the only way you know how to debate?

That's pretty weak dude...

I did not advocate doing anything immoral.

In the OP you said.

"If sin and doing evil is good and necessary for Adam, who represents all of mankind, then the church and I are suggesting that it is good that we all do evil."

Ignoring for a moment that I simply don't see the necessity for (excessive) evil and sin. Perhaps I should ask you what you think the difference is between 'evil' and 'immorality'?

You still haven't defined those "acts that must be done" or said where the line is drawn....

You agree that we must do evil to survive and thrive.

To a degree, but there are limits, as I clearly said.

If you need some examples. Life consumes life, animals eat other animals or plants, plants take nutrients from the soil which mainly got in the soil due to things dying, that is a necessary evil in this world. Those Jewish banking cartels and secret societies are certainly thriving at the expense of everything else in the world. Are you saying we should be more like those assholes?

Can you see the difference that I am pointing out? Between being balanced and respectful or being excessive and selfish/arrogant. There is a massive difference the way I see it which is why I keep asking you to clarify your position.

The rest of your post is just speculative faith based nonsense, as you would say :Tongue:

As for your next post addressed to me...

I'm not even going to quote that nonsense.

You are aware of the fact that I don't believe Jesus (pbuh) is God, right? I'm pretty consistent in what I say about him, whereas you seem to swing wildly between loving and hating the guy and always deceptively twisting his words to try and suit whatever you are trying to push at the time. This is why I struggle so much to comprehend what your beliefs actually are and what you are advocating. It seems confused and contradictory at best, or just straight manipulative and sinister at worst, either way it seems filled with hate. What would Gnostic Christian Jesus do?

Matthew 5:43-48
You have heard that it was said, ‘Love your neighbour and hate your enemy.’ But I tell you, love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you, that you may be children of your Father in heaven. He causes his sun to rise on the evil and the good, and sends rain on the righteous and the unrighteous. If you love those who love you, what reward will you get? Are not even the tax collectors doing that? And if you greet only your own people, what are you doing more than others? Do not even pagans do that? Be perfect, therefore, as your heavenly Father is perfect.

Peace be upon you Gnostic Bishop, it has been... interesting, as always :Smile:[/quote]

As long as you have agreed that we have to do evil, my mission is over.

You might love the one you are hurting but are hurting him nevertheless.

I guess the church was right and Adam's sin is a happy fault and necessary for us to do.

Regards
DL

Karlysymon

1.5 stars

• Thanks Received: 282

PostThu Apr 13, 2017 11:15 pm

Gnostic Bishop wrote:Fantasy and fantasy characters is all you have. That is all all idol worshipers have.

“A man can no more diminish God’s glory by refusing to worship Him than a lunatic can put out the sun by scribbling the word ‘darkness’ on the walls of
his cell.” ― C.S. Lewis

Creeper

1.5 stars

PostFri Apr 14, 2017 11:32 am

Gnostic Bishop wrote:As long as you have agreed that we have to do evil, my mission is over.

What 'mission'?

You might love the one you are hurting but are hurting him nevertheless.

Are you deliberately ignoring the things that I have said about repentance and how we should be careful not to cross certain lines?

Lines which you refuse to define...

I guess the church was right and Adam's sin is a happy fault and necessary for us to do.

Regards
DL

A fool thinks himself to be wise,
a wise man knows himself to be a fool.

Everything is meaningless, a chasing after the wind.

Karlysymon

1.5 stars

PostFri Apr 14, 2017 3:14 pm

Creeper wrote:
Gnostic Bishop wrote:As long as you have agreed that we have to do evil, my mission is over.

What 'mission'?

The same mission that was accomplished when Eve lingered and parleyed with the entity that rested in the tree of knowledge of good and evil.
Previous

Return to Religion