It is currently Mon May 20, 2019 8:28 pm

Announcement: Registrations are currently disabled. Apologies for any inconvenience caused.

Why is there only one begotten son of God? Is he you?

Theological and spiritual discussions within the context of a religious framework.
  • Author

Gnostic Bishop

2 stars

• Thanks Received: 114

PostTue Jun 06, 2017 3:57 pm

The God sold by Christianity say that God has no limits, yet God is limited to only one begotten son. Or is he?

Is there is only one begotten son of God, Jesus, because you can only create one?

All sons of God are creations of your own mind, gleaned from finding your internal spark of God, as described by Jesus, who states clearly that God is within you. Within you can only exist one God and thus only one son of God. That son of God is yourself, should you choose to follow Jesus’ way.

phpBB [video]

phpBB [video]

Matthew 6:22 The light of the body is the eye: if therefore thine eye be single, thy whole body shall be full of light.

John 14:23 Jesus answered and said unto him, If a man love me, he will keep my words: and my Father will love him, and we will come unto him, and make our abode with him.

Romans 8:29 For whom he did foreknow, he also did predestinate to be conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brethren.

Are you ready to step up?

Regards
DL

Outlaw Tay 187

مؤمن‎

0 stars

• Thanks Received: 9

Re: Why is there only one begotten son of God? Is he you?

PostWed Jun 21, 2017 6:27 pm

God does not have a begotten son.
ربك فكبر Rabbi ka fa kabir (example of a Pallindrome)
"Your Lord, glorify him!" - al-Qur'ān [Surah 74:3]

Creeper

1.5 stars

• Thanks Received: 282

PostThu Jun 22, 2017 9:11 am

This all seems eerily familiar...

Genesis 3:4-5
And the serpent said unto the woman, Ye shall not surely die: For God doth know that in the day ye eat thereof, then your eyes shall be opened, and ye shall be as gods, knowing good and evil.
A fool thinks himself to be wise,
a wise man knows himself to be a fool.

Everything is meaningless, a chasing after the wind.

Gnostic Bishop

2 stars

PostMon Jun 26, 2017 2:01 pm

Outlaw Tay 187 wrote:God does not have a begotten son.

If a non-literal reader, correct.

If you follow the more esoteric mystical Jesus, then you would know that you are the son.

That concept is what these refer to.

Matthew 6:22 The light of the body is the eye: if therefore thine eye be single, thy whole body shall be full of light.

John 14:23 Jesus answered and said unto him, If a man love me, he will keep my words: and my Father will love him, and we will come unto him, and make our abode with him.

Romans 8:29 For whom he did foreknow, he also did predestinate to be conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brethren.

Regards
DL

Gnostic Bishop

2 stars

PostMon Jun 26, 2017 2:06 pm

Creeper wrote:This all seems eerily familiar...

And the serpent said unto the woman, Ye shall not surely die: For God doth know that in the day ye eat thereof, then your eyes shall be opened, and ye shall be as gods, knowing good and evil.

Indeed, and that fantastic gift was earned and confirmed to have been passed on to A & E and all of mankind.

Gen 3;22 And the LORD God said: 'Behold, the man is become as one of us, to know good and evil;

Are you suggesting that man, through A & E, should have turned their noses up to God's great gift to us?

If so, you might note how the Jews had a better and more intelligent view of their myth than what you and Christianity put to it.

http://dish.andrewsullivan.com/2013/10/ ... -theodicy/

‘Instead of the Fall of man (in the sense of humanity as a whole), Judaism preaches the Rise of man: and instead of Original Sin, it stresses Original Virtue, the beneficent hereditary influence of righteous ancestors upon their descendants’.

Regards
DL

Creeper

1.5 stars

PostTue Jun 27, 2017 9:11 am

Gnostic Bishop wrote:

Indeed, and that fantastic gift was earned

Earned? By taking it without permission in a direct act of disobedience to the One who created both them and the tree? There was one thing they were asked not to do and they did it based on a lie...

I already know you are going to tell me that the serpent wasn't lying, I will explain why he was lying in just a moment.

and confirmed to have been passed on to A & E and all of mankind.

Gen 3;22 And the LORD God said: 'Behold, the man is become as one of us, to know good and evil;

Indeed, knowing good and evil is one thing. However, mankind is still not in the same league as the One God who created and intimately knows everything.

The best lies contain at least a little bit of truth. Yes, they got the knowledge of good and evil, but that doesn't make them 'gods' as the serpent said and they did 'surely die' just as God promised them which the serpent said wouldn't happen... As I have said when we have talked about this previously, you need to read the whole chapter mate.

Are you suggesting that man, through A & E, should have turned their noses up to God's great gift to us?

I wasn't really suggesting anything other than your need to re-evaluate your Luciferian philosophy. You appear to see him as some kind of great liberator and teacher to mankind which is basically what the occult 'elite' promote...

Gnostic Bishop

2 stars

PostTue Jun 27, 2017 3:21 pm

Creeper wrote:
Gnostic Bishop wrote:

Indeed, and that fantastic gift was earned

Earned? By taking it without permission in a direct act of disobedience to the One who created both them and the tree? There was one thing they were asked not to do and they did it based on a lie...

I already know you are going to tell me that the serpent wasn't lying, I will explain why he was lying in just a moment.

and confirmed to have been passed on to A & E and all of mankind.

Indeed, knowing good and evil is one thing. However, mankind is still not in the same league as the One God who created and intimately knows everything.

The best lies contain at least a little bit of truth. Yes, they got the knowledge of good and evil, but that doesn't make them 'gods' as the serpent said and they did 'surely die' just as God promised them which the serpent said wouldn't happen... As I have said when we have talked about this previously, you need to read the whole chapter mate.

I wasn't really suggesting anything other than your need to re-evaluate your Luciferian philosophy. You appear to see him as some kind of great liberator and teacher to mankind which is basically what the occult 'elite' promote...

You seem to want to ignore that God said A & E gained a moral sense comparable to himself.

If you are to ignore what is written then having a discussion becomes impossible.

Your Luciferian label is too funny for me to bother with. Name callers are uncouth and you should put away the toys of children if you wish to become an adult.

One question, should you decide to answer it, will tell you if you are reading the myth correctly.

Would you intentionally keep your own children from gaining the knowledge that would give them a moral sense?

If so, you go against what God attempted to do.

That fact is likely why the Jews, who wrote this myth, saw it as man's elevation and not his fall.

Regards
DL

Creeper

1.5 stars

PostTue Jun 27, 2017 9:05 pm

Gnostic Bishop wrote:You seem to want to ignore that God said A & E gained a moral sense comparable to himself.

Not at all my friend, the comparisons between the Torah and Qur'an on that particular issue is a rather interesting read.

You seem to want to ignore the fact the serpent was lying when he said "you will not surely die" and that having knowledge of good and evil does not equal having intimate knowledge of all things. As I have said repeatedly, you want to read the whole chapter mate...

If you are to ignore what is written then having a discussion becomes impossible.

Your Luciferian label is too funny for me to bother with. Name callers are uncouth and you should put away the toys of children if you wish to become an adult.

I don't mean it as an insult, I am simply calling a spade, a spade. Rather than assume that I am trying to insult you (and then calling me a child, I laugh at your blatant hypocrisy), why don't you explain how your interpretation of the story of Adam and Eve is not Luciferian. I will have my popcorn at the ready. You think that he was a friend, a teacher and liberator to them, do you not? That would seem to be a pretty Luciferian philosophy to me...

One question, should you decide to answer it, will tell you if you are reading the myth correctly.

Correctly? According to whom? That's pretty dangerous territory bro, I'm sure isis militants say their interpretation is the only correct one. The comparison Scimitar made between you and them was very astute...

Would you intentionally keep your own children from gaining the knowledge that would give them a moral sense?

Completely non-sequitur and once again you are attempting to apply human standards to The God :roll:

If so, you go against what God attempted to do.

???

That fact

Let's not get ahead of ourselves...

is likely why the Jews, who wrote this myth, saw it as man's elevation and not his fall.

Personally, I don't see it as either. I simply see it as God's Will being done. It is what it is.

2:30
And [mention, O Muhammad], when your Lord said to the angels, "Indeed, I will make upon the earth a successive authority." They said, "Will You place upon it one who causes corruption therein and sheds blood, while we declare Your praise and sanctify You?" Allah said, "Indeed, I know that which you do not know."
Last edited by Creeper on Wed Jun 28, 2017 6:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Gnostic Bishop

2 stars

PostTue Jun 27, 2017 11:48 pm

Creeper wrote:[
quote="Gnostic Bishop"]You seem to want to ignore that God said A & E gained a moral sense comparable to himself.

Not at all my friend, the comparisons between the Torah and Qur'an on that particular issue is a rather interesting read.

You seem to want to ignore the fact the serpent was lying when he said "you will not surely die" and that having knowledge of good and evil does not equal having intimate knowledge of all things. As I have said repeatedly, you want to read the whole chapter mate...

You have sinned and have not died.

As to A & E, did they just die or Did God murder then by locking away what would have kept them alive? The tree of life.

J W's who prevented their children from having blood transfusions and thus causing the death of their children were charged with murder.

Do you have a double moral standard where you forgive God for doing what you would condemn a person for doing?

Regards
DL

Gnostic Bishop

2 stars

PostTue Jun 27, 2017 11:52 pm

Creeper wrote:[

Personally, I don't see it as either. I simply see it as God's Will being done. It is what it is.
."

So you think it was God's will that A & E eat of the tree of knowledge and fall. Ok.

Regards
DL
Next

Return to Religion