It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2019 5:06 pm

Announcement: Registrations are currently disabled. Apologies for any inconvenience caused.

Why is there only one begotten son of God? Is he you?

Theological and spiritual discussions within the context of a religious framework.
  • Author

Creeper

1.5 stars

• Thanks Received: 282

Re: Why is there only one begotten son of God? Is he you?

PostWed Jun 28, 2017 5:02 am

Gnostic Bishop wrote:
Creeper wrote:Personally, I don't see it as either. I simply see it as God's Will being done. It is what it is.

So you think it was God's will that A & E eat of the tree of knowledge and fall. Ok.

:Yay: I think this is the one time that you have actually made an accurate assessment of my beliefs and have not attempted to insult me, so I thank you for that.

Gnostic Bishop wrote:You seem to want to ignore that God said A & E gained a moral sense comparable to himself.

Creeper wrote:Not at all my friend, the comparisons between the Torah and Qur'an on that particular issue is a rather interesting read.

You seem to want to ignore the fact the serpent was lying when he said "you will not surely die" and that having knowledge of good and evil does not equal having intimate knowledge of all things. As I have said repeatedly, you want to read the whole chapter mate...

You have sinned and have not died.

Everyone sins and everyone dies, that's life.

As to A & E, did they just die or Did God murder

Let's just stop right there so I can remind you, once again, that it is God who creates life and causes death. Nothing would exist without Him. What He has made, He can also destroy. You can't accuse The God of murder :lol: death is part of the natural order.

then by locking away what would have kept them alive? The tree of life.

You do realise that Adam and Eve could eat from any tree, the only one they were told not to go near was the tree of knowledge of good and evil. Eternal life was taken away after their transgression, but Who was it that caused their hearts to beat for every second they were alive? This question exposes your ignorance.

J W's who prevented their children from having blood transfusions and thus causing the death of their children were charged with murder.

I don't think you understand...

Parent and child < The God and His creation

They are incomparable.

Do you have a double moral standard where you forgive God for doing what you would condemn a person for doing?

God is God, He does as He wills. Whether I approve or can forgive Him for all the evil and suffering that exists is irrelevant, it is what it is. I'm still grateful for whatever good things exist, or at least I try to be.

God > any human example or standard you can possibly think of, savvy?
A fool thinks himself to be wise,
a wise man knows himself to be a fool.

Everything is meaningless, a chasing after the wind.

Gnostic Bishop

2 stars

• Thanks Received: 114

PostWed Jun 28, 2017 1:15 pm

You skipped where you were to tell me why you thought God's will was to have A & E fail.

The rest of your garbage I did not read.

I can only repeat, as conversation or discussion with you is near impossible.

Your deflections and lack of debate and discussion skill is noted. Best to ignore me.

Regards
DL

Creeper

1.5 stars

PostWed Jun 28, 2017 4:35 pm

Gnostic Bishop wrote:You skipped where you were to tell me why you thought God's will was to have A & E fail.

You never asked why...

I can't read minds like you can :lol:

But to give you the shortest possible answer, because you have confirmed that you don't actually read my posts :roll: Everything that happens is God's Will.

The rest of your garbage I did not read.

"If you are to ignore what is written then having a discussion becomes impossible." - Gnostic Bishop

I can only repeat, as conversation or discussion with you is near impossible.

Your deflections and lack of debate and discussion skill is noted. Best to ignore me.

Gnostic Bishop

2 stars

• Thanks Received: 114

PostWed Jun 28, 2017 5:51 pm

You skipped where you were to tell me why you thought God's will was to have A & E fail.

You never asked why...

But to give you the shortest possible answer, because you have confirmed that you don't actually read my posts :roll: Everything that happens is God's Will.

That does not tell me why you think God wanted A & E to fail.

Your lack of sense in your answers, like you just demonstrated, is why I will continue to ignore your stupid posts that only make sense to you.

I also have no time your you inane personal criticisms and garbage.

Regards
DL

Creeper

1.5 stars

PostWed Jun 28, 2017 6:48 pm

Gnostic Bishop wrote:You skipped where you were to tell me why you thought God's will was to have A & E fail.

Creeper wrote:You never asked why...

That does not tell me why you think God wanted A & E to fail.

It was all part of His plan :cool: Do you honestly think I am arrogant enough to presume that I understand The God's motives?

Matthew 5:45
He causes his sun to rise on the evil and the good, and sends rain on the righteous and the unrighteous.

Isaiah 55:9
For just as the heavens are higher than the earth, so my ways are higher than your ways and my thoughts higher than your thoughts.

2:30
And [mention, O Muhammad], when your Lord said to the angels, "Indeed, I will make upon the earth a successive authority." They said, "Will You place upon it one who causes corruption therein and sheds blood, while we declare Your praise and sanctify You?" Allah said, "Indeed, I know that which you do not know."

Your lack of sense in your answers, like you just demonstrated, is why I will continue to ignore your stupid posts that only make sense to you.

I also have no time your you inane personal criticisms and garbage.

"Name callers are uncouth and you should put away the toys of children if you wish to become an adult." - Gnostic Bishop

Previous

Return to Religion