It is currently Tue Jun 18, 2019 7:08 pm

Announcement: Registrations are currently disabled. Apologies for any inconvenience caused.

Can you accept that Man is greater than God?

Theological and spiritual discussions within the context of a religious framework.
  • Author

Gnostic Bishop

2 stars

• Thanks Received: 114

PostTue Aug 22, 2017 2:44 am

We can think. God cannot.
We can reproduce true. God cannot.
We can have many children. God cannot.
We place the lives of our wives and families above our own. God does not.
We would cure instead of kill. God kills.
We do not torture babies. God does.
We believe in freedom. God does not.
Jesus does which is why he took the judgement seat from His Father.

You can continue to adore a God inferior to you, both intellectually and morally, or become a Gnostic Christian or Karaite Jew like Jesus was. Jesus the Good as the Chrestians used to call him before Christianity reared it’s ugly head by reading their myths literally and embrace their God of War.

Islam would be a better religion today if that had not forced Mohammad to change from a loving God to a God or War so as to fight fire with fire. Thanks Christians for Islam. Pardon the digression.

Jesus shows the way with his advice to seek God by closeting yourself. Are you ready to follow Jesus or will you stick with your lying priests, preachers, Rabbi’s and Imams?

Matthew 6:22 The light of the body is the eye: if therefore thine eye be single, thy whole body shall be full of light.
John 14:23 Jesus answered and said unto him, If a man love me, he will keep my words: and my Father will love him, and we will come unto him, and make our abode with him.
Romans 8:29 For whom he did foreknow, he also did predestinate to be conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brethren.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=alRNbes ... r_embedded

Regards
DL

slave_of_God

0.5 stars

• Thanks Received: 29

Re: Can you accept that Man is greater than God?

PostTue Aug 22, 2017 10:51 am

Gnostic Bishop wrote:Strange that your God would not treat all of us as equal and all worthy of drink.

My Gnostic Christian God has tied righteousness to equality from God. How does the bible say it?

God brings rain to fall on the good as well as the evil.

It seems you do not believe what your bible says. That aside though, and to keep this O.P. on the environment, please meet me here and we can chat about God.

viewtopic.php?f=29&t=3581

Regards
DL

God Is Not Unjust. Water cannot quench our thirsts. Only God Can Take that misery away. Water is only a means to that end. God Should Suffice for everybody even if we don't have any other thing that we think we need. Water, just as food, is only part of this world as a basic natural need. Anybody can do without it if God Wills. And sooner or later, whatever has been written for you to consume will eventually be consumed by you by His Will. Our bodies are partly made of water so everybody is enjoying water whether they are ingesting it or not. Even saliva is 98% water.

And man, what's this thing about my God and your God? God Is One. He Never Changes. Maybe our perceptions of Him differ, at most.

I agree that God Brings rain to everybody. And what does my Bible say? Where did i say anything about my Bible? Peace.
My heart's at ease knowing what has missed me was never meant for me.

slave_of_God

0.5 stars

PostTue Aug 22, 2017 11:13 am

Gnostic Bishop wrote:Can you accept that Man is greater than God? No since man was nothing to begin with.

We can think. God cannot. God Is The One Who Enabled us to think. God Already Knows everything so He Does Not even Need to think like we do. God Is Unimaginable and Does Not Resemble any thing in any way so i find it kinda fallacious to belief to believe that God even Thinks.

We can reproduce true. God cannot. God Is The One Who Created the reproduction process. So what are you even talking about? Also, our private parts are something that we should feel shame for. God Is Bereft of private parts since He Does Not Resemble any thing in any way. God Already Produced everything, that is, He Created everything. What's there to re-produce? Nothing can be like God so it does not befit His Dignity that anything should be like Him in any way, therefore He Is In No Need of offspring or whatever. He Exists On His Own, Needless, whereas every other thing needs Him to simply exist.

We can have many children. God cannot. God Is The One Who Allows some of us to bear children while some of us cannot for reasons Only He Knows while we know not. God Is Never Unjust. See good in everything.

We place the lives of our wives and families above our own. God does not. God Is The One Maintaining everybody alive at each and every moment.

We would cure instead of kill. God kills. God Created cure as well as sickness, life as well as death. All of those are creatures subject to the One Who's Ever-Living and Who's To Be Praised for each of them. Death is only the transfer of our souls to another dimension, the hereafter.

We do not torture babies. God does. All of this forms part of the test of the life of this world. Why speak for others whom you've no knowledge of what they are enduring or enjoying in ways that we cannot even fathom? Speak for your own self. We were given life when we didn't even choose the time of our births, let alone our bodies or the families we were born into.

We believe in freedom. God does not. Freedom to me is to need only God and nothing but Him. I don't rely on money, nor on a house nor on anything for my survival except Him Who Is Keeping me and everything else afloat at each and every second. God Created freedom as well as imprisonment. He Subjects whom He Wills to what He Wills, however He Wills.

Jesus does which is why he took the judgement seat from His Father. Jesus was non-existent prior to his birth. He is a part-replica of his mother, Mary. God Does Not Beget. Jesus was the son of Mary. God Created Adam without any parents so if you think that being begotten from a virgin is a miracle then it's even more miraculous to be Created without any parent whatsoever.

You can continue to adore a God inferior to you, both intellectually and morally, or become a Gnostic Christian or Karaite Jew like Jesus was. Jesus the Good as the Chrestians used to call him before Christianity reared it’s ugly head by reading their myths literally and embrace their God of War.

God Is The One Who Makes us adore Him. We are not believers except by His Grace and Favor. To me, the most nightmarish thing would be to lose faith in God.

Islam would be a better religion today if that had not forced Mohammad to change from a loving God to a God or War so as to fight fire with fire. Thanks Christians for Islam. Pardon the digression. We are the ones who war. Not God. Muslims only warred with those who worshiped anything other than God, The Only One Worthy of worship.

Jesus shows the way with his advice to seek God by closeting yourself. Are you ready to follow Jesus or will you stick with your lying priests, preachers, Rabbi’s and Imams? Jesus is not God. He said that Only God Is Good and asked to not be called good. He ordered us to worship his Lord and our Lord, my God and your God. There's Only One Who's Always Watching everything everywhere, and at every time.

Matthew 6:22 The light of the body is the eye: if therefore thine eye be single, thy whole body shall be full of light.
John 14:23 Jesus answered and said unto him, If a man love me, he will keep my words: and my Father will love him, and we will come unto him, and make our abode with him.
Romans 8:29 For whom he did foreknow, he also did predestinate to be conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brethren.

Image is meant in spiritual terms only and not physical. Goodness, generosity, kindness, beauty, justice, honor, and every other perfect attribute that we can think of belong only to God. We can only partake in those attributes to the extent that God Allows us to. Nobody can ever be as good, kind, and perfect as God Almighty Since He Is The Originator of everything.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=alRNbes ... r_embedded

I haven't had the time to watch the video yet, sorry.

Regards
DL

Gnostic Bishop

2 stars

PostTue Aug 22, 2017 1:20 pm

You seem quite sure of all you say.

"Jesus was non-existent prior to his birth."

1Peter 1:20 0 He was chosen before the creation of the world, but was revealed in these last times for your sake.

Do you recognize that this quote belies what you said?

The rest of what you put are assumption which deflect and show your belief without giving any argument against the premise.

Hardly a good way to discuss or debate. It seems that all you want is conflict.

phpBB [video]

The existence of your God can never be proven so you telling me about what you think of him is useless and we would get nowhere.

The morality shown in the holy books can be discussed to a conclusion though.

If you wish to discus those facts and not what has no end game, I am here for you.

Admitting you erred on what I quoted is the first step.

Regards
DL

Gnostic Bishop

2 stars

PostTue Aug 22, 2017 1:33 pm

slave_of_God wrote:
Gnostic Bishop wrote:Strange that your God would not treat all of us as equal and all worthy of drink.

My Gnostic Christian God has tied righteousness to equality from God. How does the bible say it?

God brings rain to fall on the good as well as the evil.

It seems you do not believe what your bible says. That aside though, and to keep this O.P. on the environment, please meet me here and we can chat about God.

viewtopic.php?f=29&t=3581

Regards
DL

God Is Not Unjust. Water cannot quench our thirsts. Only God Can Take that misery away. Water is only a means to that end. God Should Suffice for everybody even if we don't have any other thing that we think we need. Water, just as food, is only part of this world as a basic natural need. Anybody can do without it if God Wills. And sooner or later, whatever has been written for you to consume will eventually be consumed by you by His Will. Our bodies are partly made of water so everybody is enjoying water whether they are ingesting it or not. Even saliva is 98% water.

And man, what's this thing about my God and your God? God Is One. He Never Changes. Maybe our perceptions of Him differ, at most.

I agree that God Brings rain to everybody. And what does my Bible say? Where did i say anything about my Bible? Peace.

If you are a Muslim, that explains your poor reply and discussions/debate skills and debate skills.

You seem to indicate that you live in misery. I do not so you might wonder why your all controlling God has made some miserable and some not if he is an equal opportunity type of God. Your thinking is conflicted on this point.

If all you are going to do is preach and not discuss, we will not get far.

Regards
DL

slave_of_God

0.5 stars

PostTue Aug 22, 2017 3:20 pm

I don't live in misery. All i need is God. Muslim or not, that makes no difference.

Gnostic Bishop

2 stars

PostTue Aug 22, 2017 3:30 pm

slave_of_God wrote:I don't live in misery. All i need is God. Muslim or not, that makes no difference.

Like all of us, you have created your own God.

Regards
DL

slave_of_God

0.5 stars

PostTue Aug 22, 2017 5:50 pm

Not really. God Always Existed. I share a relationship with Him, Praises and Thanks be to Him for that greatest of bounties. If you really believed in God, you would never have dared say that He Was Created.

Gnostic Bishop

2 stars

PostTue Aug 22, 2017 8:07 pm

slave_of_God wrote:Not really. God Always Existed. I share a relationship with Him, Praises and Thanks be to Him for that greatest of bounties. If you really believed in God, you would never have dared say that He Was Created.

Why not?

Jesus says we do.

phpBB [video]

God can only be to you whatever mental picture you create of God. No two mental views are the same and that is why Jesus and God are unique to you. That is why Gnostic Christians say we have a spark of God within all of us.

Regards
DL

Gnostic Bishop

2 stars

PostTue Aug 22, 2017 8:11 pm

slave_of_God wrote: All i need is God. Muslim or not, that makes no difference.

Do you not see a difference between God who ask only that you seek knowledge and wisdom and a decent moral sense, and religions that simply want you to obey Yahweh or submit to Allah?

I see a big difference between a slave owning ideology and an ideology that promotes individual freedom.

Regards
DL
Next

Return to Religion