It is currently Sat Jul 20, 2019 4:01 am

Announcement: Registrations are currently disabled. Apologies for any inconvenience caused.

Can you accept that Man is greater than God?

Theological and spiritual discussions within the context of a religious framework.
  • Author

slave_of_God

0.5 stars

• Thanks Received: 29

Re: Can you accept that Man is greater than God?

PostMon Sep 18, 2017 9:22 pm

You can pity me all you want but that doesn't make you any less of a slave than i am to God, whether you want to or not.

Facts: You can't control your own heartbeat. You can't decide to fall asleep. You have no say in digesting the food you eat. It's all being taken care of for you by Him Who Organized everything so perfectly.

You just didn't happen to exist. Behind your personality lies A Supreme Personality Responsible for it. He's Master over every particle of the universe whether we acknowledge it or not.
My heart's at ease knowing what has missed me was never meant for me.

Gnostic Bishop

2 stars

• Thanks Received: 114

PostMon Oct 09, 2017 4:30 pm

Slave

Do you have any confirmation bias?

http://bigthink.com/videos/kurt-anderse ... 6-43589329

Regards
DL

slave_of_God

0.5 stars

PostTue Oct 10, 2017 12:11 pm

No i don't. Now reply me this, wasn't there a time when you were something which wasn't even mentionable?

Gnostic Bishop

2 stars

PostTue Oct 10, 2017 1:28 pm

slave_of_God wrote:No i don't. Now reply me this, wasn't there a time when you were something which wasn't even mentionable?

Not that I know of.

Was there for you and what evidence or proof do you have to share?

If you have nothing then you have gone into intellectual dissonance just to follow an immoral religion.

Care to engage on moral issues where we might actually get somewhere?

Like is it moral for Allah/Mohammad to give Muslim women only half the value of a Muslim man?

Regards
DL

slave_of_God

0.5 stars

PostTue Oct 10, 2017 8:29 pm

My point was that before you were born, there was no ''you''. Same goes for me. So God Willed us to start existing at those times that we took birth.

Allah Is Not Unjust. That's your perception of Islam. If you want to find fault with it, you will. If not, you will earnestly seek truth out while asking God to guide you at the same time. And you will also want to always obey your conscience concerning what it prompts you to pursue and what not to pursue.

Gnostic Bishop

2 stars

PostWed Oct 11, 2017 12:09 pm

slave_of_God wrote:
My point was that before you were born, there was no ''you''. Same goes for me. So God Willed us to start existing at those times that we took birth.

You put the supernatural as the cause for life, without evidence or proof, while I put nature as cause with only the evidence that I live where nature dominates as my evidence. I bolster my claim while you do not.

That is not a huge difference in our thinking, evidence wise, but you have allowed your view to make you ignore morality while mine has made me seek it as I wish to live under the best rules and laws to live by.

Allah Is Not Unjust. That's your perception of Islam.

Your last is correct but you just refused to give an argument on your claim and just put that naked un-argued claim out there. That is two claims now that you put out while running away from making arguments to prove them or persuade me to your view. Why?

You say that my view is due to my view of Islam and you are correct, but what you are saying is also because of your view of Islam so why are you upset when we both use Islam as the source of our opinions?

More importantly, what make your view more true than mine when you do not have two arguments to compare?

If you want to find fault with it, you will.

If the evidence leads me there, I cannot deny it. The same evidence has made you go to the other conclusion and yet you fear examining that evidence. Why do you fear looking at the evidence with me? Are you afraid of finding fault?

If not, you will earnestly seek truth out while asking God to guide you at the same time.

That is exactly what I want to do but you are refusing to give me the opportunity so you might stop your complaining and hindering of your own desire.

And you will also want to always obey your conscience concerning what it prompts you to pursue and what not to pursue.

Do you not follow your conscience? Are you doing things that go against your conscience?

Regards
DL

slave_of_God

0.5 stars

PostWed Oct 11, 2017 12:46 pm

Well, i guess i'm done with you. I've delivered the message. That's all i was supposed to do.

Gnostic Bishop

2 stars

PostWed Oct 11, 2017 1:50 pm

slave_of_God wrote:Well, i guess i'm done with you. I've delivered the message. That's all i was supposed to do.

You took the words that I was going to say to you if you returned with the type of empty words you just gave.

My "done with" also included this site as there are none here, (they have been chased away), who wish to argue policy for their God.

That would include your baseless and un-argued claims.

Regards
DL

slave_of_God

0.5 stars

PostWed Oct 11, 2017 4:37 pm

Man, you didn't exist. You were nothing. Who put you here? How does your intelligence exist? How does nature exist? Everything that's around us can be witnessed within us. This means that we are the same as our environment. We even share the same characteristics that animals have. Everything is a miracle. God Is The Miracle of miracles since He Always Existed.

slave_of_God

0.5 stars

PostWed Oct 11, 2017 5:08 pm

Allah Subhaanahu Wa Ta'ala Is The God Who Always Existed and Who Does Not Resemble any thing in any way. Everything else has been Created in pairs by Him. Whatever name you use for Him, He Remains The Deity, The God, The Creator, The Only One Unequaled.

A'uudhubillahi Minash Shaytaanir Rajeem
I seek Refuge with God from shaytan the accursed

Bismillahir Rahmaanir Raheem
In The Name of God, The Most Gracious, The Most Merciful

Chapter 1, Al Fatiha (The Opening)

Verse 1
Alhamdulillahi Rabbil 'Aalameen
All Praises are due to God, Lord of the worlds

All Praises are due to Allah for everything. All Praises are due to Him that electricity is flowing at each and every second. All Praises are due to Him that electrical appliances are able to function. Power comes from Allah. Lightning comes from Allah. Only He Can Create such power. Electricity itself can be viewed as a pair for lightning. The human body itself generates some kind of electricity. This is further proof that all that is around us is also within us. The human body is comprised of water too, for example our saliva. Fire too since the human being gets angry, hence the term ''heated argument''. Earth also since when the human body decays, it becomes indistinguishable from clay. All Praises are due to Allah therefore for every inch of our body that we are constantly enjoying for Only He Can Maintain us alive at each and every second. Since He Created death, death itself is a creature which is also being Maintained by Him at each and every moment. Therefore, Only Allah Can Cause to die whoever He Wills. He Is Also Responsible for Maintaining in existence the dimensions of the hereafter, notably the dimension of the life in the grave where people who have already died are still living either in peace or suffering the consequences of their wrongdoings while they were alive before death. He Is Also Responsible for Constantly Maintaining Paradise and Hell in existence, as well as the angels who do what they have been Ordered to do.

Alhamdulillah therefore for everything. Alhamdulillah that the computer is functioning. Alhamdulillah for every breath. Alhamdulillah for every movement that we're able to do, whether it be my fingers pressing the keys on this keyboard or my eyes blinking every now and then. Alhamdulillah for every second of health being enjoyed instead of sickness. Alhamdulillah for every unit of sound that i'm being permitted to hear for there are people who have ears but who cannot hear despite that. Alhamdulillah for the faith that i have in Him for where would i be if i didn't have that faith? What would i be doing if i didn't believe in Him?

In that single verse of the first chapter of the Qur'an there's writing material for infinity and beyond. Allahu Akbar. Allah Is The Greatest Indeed. Besides Him, nobody can create something such as hunger or thirst. Besides Him nobody can create something such as pleasure or pain and He's Independent over any thing to Create any effect for us. Thus we get an idea how Bilal Radiallahu 'Anh (May Allah Be Pleased with Him) could endure hardships such as being whipped and prompted to renounce his faith but despite that kept crying out 'Ahad, Ahad' (Allah Is One, Allah Is One) for only Allah Can Test us and Make us endure everything.

Alhamdulillah for every second that i'm conscious that Allah Is Watching me and Hearing my most innermost thoughts. Alhamdulillah for that unconditional love that i have for Him because with that love, i can lose everything except faith in Him. Alhamdulillah for Islam, a way of life which enjoins five prayers everyday. When i do one prayer, i wait eagerly for the next and so on and so forth. Alhamdulillah for that. Alhamdulillah that i have nothing to worry about, whether it be money or a household or anything at all except that these prayers remain ESTABLISHED in my life because those are pillars that never budge. Alhamdulillah for those pillars because sooner or later, i remain convinced that my hunger and thirst will be taken care of whether i have money or not, food or not, a job or not! Alhamdulillah that i am a slave to nobody except to Him!
PreviousNext

Return to Religion