It is currently Tue May 23, 2017 8:52 am

Announcement: The Vigilant Forums have been reopened! Please see here for further information.

New Nonsense Thread

Fun, social and random discussions.
  • Author

Serendipity

0.5 stars

• Thanks Received: 74

Re: New Nonsense Thread

PostSun Mar 19, 2017 1:18 pm

I accidentally googled Vigilant Forums and this came up in the results (urban dictionary):

'Loser conspiretard forum for idiots. Ripoff of another place.
deflect and project huh zux? going for the full range of narcissistic defense mechanisms this lovely rainy morning on vigilant forums?

1d is evil satan takin' over. Loser teeny bopper.'

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.p ... t%20forums

Made me laugh tbh.

Karlysymon

1.5 stars

• Thanks Received: 259

PostSun Mar 19, 2017 4:25 pm

Serendipity wrote:But I do think every couple needs to wait at least a year
before having kids so there is
that.

Still a kid at heart and mind but i read a parenting book that said the exact same thing. And i think its great advice. The author said children complicate relationships and if one 'walks in', in the 1st year of marriage (which is also said to be the hardest)
, it does take its toll. Which would also mean that females who entrap men with pregnancies so they can put a ring on it have lots of odds stacked against them. While the couple is grappling with getting to know each other, baby will turn mother into a 24hr nurse and hubby anchorless. Ofcourse some one will say the ancients made it out okay but we live in different times. Said author said the relationships of yester century were functional. Those of our time are relational. Then again, the anthropologist Dr Fisher stated that the 'high' a couple has over each other lasts around 24months after the wedding (gloves come off; honeymoon ends) and "you won't be chasing each other around the table with a baby". Better to wait, i guess. Anyways, those in these situations can shine a brighter light on this with their advice.
I accidentally googled Vigilant
Forums and this came up in the results (urban dictionary):
'Loser conspiretard forum for
idiots. Rip off of another place. deflect and project huh zux?

Came across the same thing before i signed up here. Whoever wrote that needs to get a grip.

Taragaia

Awake

1.5 stars

• Thanks Received: 254

PostMon Mar 20, 2017 6:14 am

Serendipity wrote:I accidentally googled Vigilant Forums and this came up in the results (urban dictionary):

deflect and project huh zux? going for the full range of narcissistic defense mechanisms this lovely rainy morning on vigilant forums?

Made me laugh tbh.

Lol, I guess they didn't post at the original.. :Rofl:
The only way out is in

Serendipity

0.5 stars

• Thanks Received: 74

PostMon Mar 20, 2017 10:30 am

Karlysymon wrote:
Serendipity wrote:But I do think every couple needs to wait at least a year
before having kids so there is
that.

Still a kid at heart and mind but i read a parenting book that said the exact same thing. And i think its great advice. The author said children complicate relationships and if one 'walks in', in the 1st year of marriage (which is also said to be the hardest)
, it does take its toll. Which would also mean that females who entrap men with pregnancies so they can put a ring on it have lots of odds stacked against them. While the couple is grappling with getting to know each other, baby will turn mother into a 24hr nurse and hubby anchorless. Ofcourse some one will say the ancients made it out okay but we live in different times. Said author said the relationships of yester century were functional. Those of our time are relational. Then again, the anthropologist Dr Fisher stated that the 'high' a couple has over each other lasts around 24months after the wedding (gloves come off; honeymoon ends) and "you won't be chasing each other around the table with a baby". Better to wait, i guess. Anyways, those in these situations can shine a brighter light on this with their advice.

Exactly. People are in such a hurry to have kids these days and have no idea what's coming for them. My best friend got married last January and got pregnant right away. I told her before she gets married that you need wait especially given the fact that her and her husband don't exactly have the best relationship. She didn't listen to anyone even though we all told her not to go ahead with the wedding. She thought that he will change after they got engaged, he didn't. Then she thought he would change after marriage, he didn't. And finally, she thought he will change once they have the baby, and *surprise* he didn't. And now she regrets it. I literally have no idea how some girls get pregnant just to keep the man around. They're making it way more difficult and complicated than it already is. I mean I do know what it is like to be deeply and stupidly in love with someone but there are limits and boundaries no matter what. This is besides the fact that you are bringing a new and an innocent life into this world. I swear some people don't realize how sacred the lives of these babies are. I truly believe that nobody should have children unless they are financially and emotionally ready as they will literally shape the lives of these babies and should, regardless of the circumstances, shape it into a happy one.

This was not meant for you Karly but I was just upset about what's happening with my friend at the moment. You make great points and I wish more people thought the way you do.

Karlysymon

1.5 stars

• Thanks Received: 259

PostMon Mar 20, 2017 11:36 am

Not at all Serendipity and thanks for your compliment and the story, albeit a sad one. Iam so sick of break up stories, don't want to hear one more. More marriage counsellors than i can count have said this a gazillion times: what will destroy or uphold a marriage is already present long before a couple chooses their wedding attire. And parenthood more often lays bare deeply entrenched weakenesses.
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/dr-neil-c ... 88874.html
and in most cases, divorce begets divorce.
Women may entrap men with pregnancies (its true some do come around in their behaviour when the responsibility thing kicks in) or men putting a ring on it so she doesn't leave him but "you cannot change someone, that would be too much power", which no one has any way. That is a quote i came across many years ago. An individual changes when s/he craves it so intensely that s/he decides to to bring about that change. Unless they desire it, it won't happen. Other than that outsiders are grasping at straws.

Loki

Trickster God

Administrator

4 stars

• Thanks Received: 827

PostMon Mar 20, 2017 12:49 pm

Serendipity wrote:I accidentally googled Vigilant Forums and this came up in the results (urban dictionary):

Made me laugh tbh.

Honestly, that may have been submitted by Flix after we banned her and her then-bf. Can't say for sure of course, but zux was her boyfriend, and I don't know why anyone else would mention him. My other guess would be Aiylish, I feel like she and they fought quite a bit and didn't like each other, plus she was always being banned even back then.

Pretty funny though that whomever it was took the time to make that entry haha.
This message brought to you by My Brain, courtesy of My Fingers.

"We all are to some extent [agnostic]... So yes, I'm an 'agnostic', in as much as I don't actually know what happens when I die. I choose to operate under the assumption that God does not exist. I have no need for God in my life, the concept of a 'God' feels incredibly made up to me. It is not requisite for my every day living. For some people it is. They are 'theistic agnostics,' I am an 'atheistic agnostic.'" - Cara Santa Maria

Loki

Trickster God

Administrator

4 stars

• Thanks Received: 827

PostMon Mar 20, 2017 12:53 pm

Thy Unveiling wrote:
Taragaia wrote:
Loki wrote:rather I just view all the squabbling as pointless because they are all arguing over whose God is "right" or "true" or "evil" or "good" but they are all talking about the same entity. It's quite silly to watch from the outside.

Haha yeah I think that's quite funny too :Smile:

And I prefer these boards for the same reason.

I was going to quote that same bit with basically an "Amen!" But you beat me to it :lol:

I miss Flix as well and was hoping she'd pop up here.

Tara, sorry I'm one of those who've also suspected you of being her. I rather liked Flix, so was kinda hoping I might have been right! Definitely never suspected you of being Anne, though! She was maybe barely 19, and her youth showed a lot, plus being raised in an Indian family also showed. She was a sweetheart and I was sad to see her go, but she was right that her parents would probably flip about her posting there. She made a brief reappearance once and was never seen again. I can't see her being so determined to post again that she'd find this place, and even if she did, I'm sure she'd pm me saying it was her. (She'd kinda played a role in my and Creeper's relationship and is as nosey as I am. She'd want to harmlessly gossip.) It doesn't matter; whoever you were you're not anymore. My "need to know" still gnaws at me slightly, but I understand you have reasons for keeping mum. But I'm still gonna throw it out there that I can keep other people's secrets cuz they're not mine to tell :wink: but I don't expect you'll ever reveal your former self to me. Chances are I wouldn't even recognize your former username.

Oh, now I remember Anne! She was a strange young innocent thing, that's right!
This message brought to you by My Brain, courtesy of My Fingers.

"We all are to some extent [agnostic]... So yes, I'm an 'agnostic', in as much as I don't actually know what happens when I die. I choose to operate under the assumption that God does not exist. I have no need for God in my life, the concept of a 'God' feels incredibly made up to me. It is not requisite for my every day living. For some people it is. They are 'theistic agnostics,' I am an 'atheistic agnostic.'" - Cara Santa Maria

Taragaia

Awake

1.5 stars

PostTue Mar 21, 2017 6:12 am

Yay first day of Spring/Autumn depending where you live! :Smile:
The only way out is in

Thy Unveiling

Creeper's Creeper

1 star

• Thanks Received: 103

PostTue Mar 21, 2017 6:40 am

Taragaia wrote:Yay first day of Spring/Autumn depending where you live! :Smile:

The weather network claims we won't be having anymore snow anytime soon. I hope they're correct! If it was like it is in movies (dry fluffy fun stuff vs cold wet crap) I might like it more. But instead it just makes more work for us and turns a lot of people into hermits who only leave the comfort of our homes when we have to.
"It's this house that's gone mad! I'm as sane as can be!" ~ICP; Madhouse

Taragaia

Awake

1.5 stars

PostTue Mar 21, 2017 5:46 pm

Thy Unveiling wrote:
Taragaia wrote:Yay first day of Spring/Autumn depending where you live! :Smile:

The weather network claims we won't be having anymore snow anytime soon. I hope they're correct! If it was like it is in movies (dry fluffy fun stuff vs cold wet crap) I might like it more. But instead it just makes more work for us and turns a lot of people into hermits who only leave the comfort of our homes when we have to.

We haven't had any snow at all this winter, but I've come to expect that. Just some rain.

Hope you will be spared more sludgery :Tongue:
The only way out is in
PreviousNext

Return to Social Lounge