It is currently Thu May 23, 2019 6:42 am

Announcement: Registrations are currently disabled. Apologies for any inconvenience caused.

Forum Game - Tell Us About Yourself

Fun, social and random discussions.
  • Author

Karlysymon

1.5 stars

• Thanks Received: 282

Re: Forum Game - Tell Us About Yourself

PostMon Jan 23, 2017 8:53 am

Taragaia wrote: Next question; what is your
favorite way to relax?

Reading and taking a walk in a place with lots of trees.

Thy Unveiling

Creeper's Creeper

1 star

• Thanks Received: 123

PostMon Jan 23, 2017 2:51 pm

You forgot to ask a question following your response, km lol

Hmm....

Since the song is in my head and it asks a question, I'm going to go with Cher....Do you believe in life after love?
"It's this house that's gone mad! I'm as sane as can be!" ~ICP; Madhouse

Karlysymon

1.5 stars

PostTue Jan 24, 2017 2:57 pm

@TU

Iam sorry. Yes i do believe in life after love. If you do make it out alive, its with an amputation or two!
My question: when was the last time you laughed soooo hard that you cried. Please give the reason too.

Loki

Trickster God

Administrator

4 stars

• Thanks Received: 875

PostTue Jan 24, 2017 6:53 pm

Karlysymon wrote:@TU

Iam sorry. Yes i do believe in life after love. If you do make it out alive, its with an amputation or two!
My question: when was the last time you laughed soooo hard that you cried. Please give the reason too.

I believe both of my last times doing this were on mushrooms. The most recent was at the end of the movie Sausage Party; the shrooms had really started kicking in towards the end (we ate them a bit before we started the movie), and the whole thing was pretty hilarious to us but the ending was so absurd, disgusting, and unexpected that I could hardly breathe from laughing so hard.

When and where was your first kiss? As in, age and was it like at school or a party or the park?
This message brought to you by My Brain, courtesy of My Fingers.

"We all are to some extent [agnostic]... So yes, I'm an 'agnostic', in as much as I don't actually know what happens when I die. I choose to operate under the assumption that God does not exist. I have no need for God in my life, the concept of a 'God' feels incredibly made up to me. It is not requisite for my every day living. For some people it is. They are 'theistic agnostics,' I am an 'atheistic agnostic.'" - Cara Santa Maria

AndrianaStark

0 stars

• Thanks Received: 55

PostWed Jan 25, 2017 4:05 pm

LOL Loki I can't imagine being on Shrooms and watching that movie. Must've been memorable to say the least.

First Kiss was age 12 at a small park with a church boy. I was so shy and very innocent at that age. I felt like I had committed the biggest sin and I felt like I was going to hell. It must've been plastered all over my face because once I got home, my mother called it. I prayed to God about 1000 times that night and begged him for my forgiveness. I was always the golden child and felt like a failure. That's about as far is it got with that kid. LOL.

What was the hardest thing you have ever had to go through and how did you overcome it?

Loki

Trickster God

Administrator

4 stars

• Thanks Received: 875

PostWed Jan 25, 2017 10:06 pm

I guess I will take this one as well because fittingly my answer corresponds with my previous answer:

Without getting too detailed and personal, not even an hour after watching Sausage Party we were planning to spend an hour or so (or maybe the rest of the night, there's no real telling) laying down in the dark and listening to music while tripping just to see what we would see and experience what we would experience. It had honestly probably only been about 15-20 minutes after the movie had ended and my cousin (who was also tripping but had taken less than me thankfully) got a call from his dad and he informed him (and us by proxy) that my cousin and grandma had just passed away in a house fire. It's practically impossible to explain the levels of disbelief, confusion, anxiety, and immense sadness that I felt in the following moments. To say it was surreal is a massive understatement. We went from deliriously jubilant to inconsolably devastated in a matter of moments.

So in the upswing of a 3g shroom trip I had to reconcile the fact that two of my most beloved family members, my grandma, who was essentially my mom because my mom passed away when I was very young, and my younger cousin who was my best friend and essentially a brother, were dead and I needed to call my dad and not sound like I'm high as fuck, and then go to his house to be with family and not appear high as fuck. In retrospect caring about how I sounded and acted should have been the least of my worries but it seemed very important in my brain that I not appear to be hallucinating or freaking out with the rest of my family. There was a period of time where I think I just sat on my bed repeating "This isn't real," and "fuck" over and over for several minutes. Eventually I took a shower to try and sober up some and it was simultaneously the saddest and most beautiful shower I've ever taken. I was devastatingly sad but when I would close my eyes I could see the water cascading onto me in vivid, shifting, rainbow colors.

That night was hard and I still get emotional thinking back on it (not that it has been too long), but the following week was far harder, and writing my cousin's eulogy was immensely difficult, and not something I ever imagined I would have to do. As for how I overcame it... Time. I'm still not over it really, but life goes on and so must you. Just last week I felt incredibly depressed for several days, but I feel better this week. There was a moment about two weeks after it happened where I was dealing with grief a lot and missing them both and that night they were in my dream and my cousin just hugged me for a while. That was therapeutic and helped a lot. I don't know, of course, whether that was him/his spirit or just my brain's way of processing and coping, but either way it helped.

I guess that's all. I feel like maybe that was an overshare and really brought the tone of this thread down haha, but that's by far the hardest thing I've had to deal with thus far in my life.

To lighten things back up: What is your preferred hobby or time-wasting interest? (eg. woodworking, YouTube, MMA, collecting stamps, etc.)
This message brought to you by My Brain, courtesy of My Fingers.

"We all are to some extent [agnostic]... So yes, I'm an 'agnostic', in as much as I don't actually know what happens when I die. I choose to operate under the assumption that God does not exist. I have no need for God in my life, the concept of a 'God' feels incredibly made up to me. It is not requisite for my every day living. For some people it is. They are 'theistic agnostics,' I am an 'atheistic agnostic.'" - Cara Santa Maria

Karlysymon

1.5 stars

PostWed Jan 25, 2017 10:55 pm

@Loki
truly heartbreaking.

One of my hobbies is writing letters. I have friendships in which we strictly agree for that to be the mode of communication. No txts, emails (except a rare emergency), inotherwords all electronic forms of communication are banned. We are old souls. At least when the grid goes down, we are ahead on the survival curve. Hahaha
Next question:
when was the last time you stayed in bed the whole day, like that Bruno Mars song...today i don't feel like doing anything. I just wanna lay in my bed"

AndrianaStark

0 stars

• Thanks Received: 55

PostThu Jan 26, 2017 2:20 pm

Loki, I am sorry for your losses. That is not easy to go through. I cannot even try to imagine the pain especially being on Shrooms at the moment. I didn't mean to bring things down but I like getting deep with questions. I was asked that question in a job interview and I got hired on the spot.

Karlysymon that's amazing and intriguing. I too am an old soul. I have always wanted to do that but never had anyone to write to. People my age are not into that.

Last time I stayed in bed the whole day was only 3 weeks ago. January 6th, the day from hell. Last year, I had a miscarriage on that day and this year God had something else planned. Me and my husband were both out of it. He got fired from his job because they thought he was a terrorist and they discriminated against him. We begun the process of filing a lawsuit and it is honestly just too much. I don't think I was prepared for this. The humiliation and discrimination was completely uncalled for but it happens when you live in a racist red state in the US. Especially being in a town where they have never seen an Arab up close. We were both down. I just felt so embarrassed and I felt so bad. He didn't deserve that but we have moved on. It is okay to take a second to be upset and angry. As long as you get back up and you fight. So that's where I am at. We stayed in bed and slept, watched movies, ordered-in, played video games. The perfect lazy day. I think we stayed like that all weekend. It was great therapy.

If you received enough money to never need to work again, what would you spend your time doing?

Serendipity

0.5 stars

• Thanks Received: 76

PostThu Jan 26, 2017 9:30 pm

Traveling and reading. I love traveling and exploring other countries and cultures.

What was the biggest turning point in your life?

Leanner25

0 stars

• Thanks Received: 0

PostTue Feb 07, 2017 1:56 pm

Getting my first Job was my proudest moment

If u could choose one super power what would it be
PreviousNext

Return to Social Lounge