It is currently Fri Oct 20, 2017 8:59 am

Announcement: The Vigilant Forums have been reopened! Please see here for further information.

Favorite Christmas Movie

Fun, social and random discussions.
  • Author

Thunderian

OG for real

1 star

• Thanks Received: 104

Favorite Christmas Movie

PostWed Dec 21, 2016 8:51 pm

Whether you're Christian, Jew or miscellaneous, there's nothing that says you can't enjoy a good Christmas movie.

For the longest time, I considered It's a Wonderful Life the all-time classic, but in the last few years the one movie that always gets watched in our house is Elf, and my wife and I end up watching Love, Actually at some point.

What about other people? What movie is a must watch at this time of year for you?

Loki

Trickster God

Administrator

4 stars

• Thanks Received: 863

Re: Favorite Christmas Movie

PostWed Dec 21, 2016 9:01 pm

I'm not an avid Christmas movie lover, in fact the closest I can come to saying I truly enjoy a Christmas film is You've Got Mail and that really isn't all that Christmas-y. However, my dad began a tradition of watching A Christmas Story every year on TBS while they do their day-long marathon. I don't even particularly like the movie but I end up watching at least most of it every Christmas.

Not sure what I have against Christmas movies really, they just don't speak to me I guess. Alternatively, I love Christmas music.
This message brought to you by My Brain, courtesy of My Fingers.

"We all are to some extent [agnostic]... So yes, I'm an 'agnostic', in as much as I don't actually know what happens when I die. I choose to operate under the assumption that God does not exist. I have no need for God in my life, the concept of a 'God' feels incredibly made up to me. It is not requisite for my every day living. For some people it is. They are 'theistic agnostics,' I am an 'atheistic agnostic.'" - Cara Santa Maria

Goku

0 stars

• Thanks Received: 15

PostSat Jan 07, 2017 12:40 am

Gotta admit I do love a good Christmas film, we also watched Elf and Love, Actually this Christmas :thumbup: and I agree they are definitely up there but I'd have to add Jingle All The Way, Home Alone and The Polar Express.

AndrianaStark

0 stars

• Thanks Received: 55

PostWed Jan 18, 2017 8:18 pm

Goku, The Polar Express is such a great movie. My favorite is How The Grinch Stole Christmas. Jim Carrey's version. I have to watch it every year. Never gets old for me.

Thy Unveiling

Creeper's Creeper

1 star

• Thanks Received: 123

PostThu Jan 19, 2017 2:28 am

I'm something of a grinch about Saturnalia, but I will admit that I do actually enjoy Elf.

I think Trolls may belong on the list, though its not a Christmas movie. Still, they have Trollstice so I think that counts. Its probably one of the most honest holiday movies that will never get credit for saying what Christmas is really about: child sacrifice. (The Trolls getting eaten by The [Bilde]Bergen represents this.) It's actually a really infectious cute movie, though.
"It's this house that's gone mad! I'm as sane as can be!" ~ICP; Madhouse

Taragaia

Awake

1.5 stars

• Thanks Received: 267

PostMon Jan 23, 2017 1:39 am

The muppets Christmas carrol, followed by the Nightmare before Christmas.

I love the muppets,and I love Tim Burton. Awesome both of them and traditional Christmas stuff for me :)
The only way out is in

meltbanana

0 stars

• Thanks Received: 26

PostMon Jan 23, 2017 2:41 am

I don't watch 'Christmas movies'...except for this one:

A Charlie Brown Christmas is a 1965 animated television special based on the comic strip Peanuts, by Charles M. Schulz. Produced by Lee Mendelson and directed by Bill Melendez, the program made its debut on CBS on December 9, 1965. In the special, lead character Charlie Brown finds himself depressed despite the onset of the cheerful holiday season. Lucy suggests he direct a neighborhood Christmas play, but his best efforts are ignored and mocked by his peers. After Linus tells Charlie Brown about the true meaning of Christmas, Charlie Brown cheers up, and the Peanuts gang unites to celebrate the Christmas season.

Source: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/A_Charlie_Brown_Christmas

The Linus' speech scene is so awesome, it's indescribable.
This one should definitely be on everybody's 'what to watch before I die'-list.

Return to Social Lounge