It is currently Fri Oct 20, 2017 8:57 am

Announcement: The Vigilant Forums have been reopened! Please see here for further information.

New Nonsense Thread

Fun, social and random discussions.
  • Author

Loki

Trickster God

Administrator

4 stars

• Thanks Received: 863

New Nonsense Thread

PostThu Dec 22, 2016 2:17 pm

I've removed the old Nonsense thread as it was nearly 200 pages of years old inside jokes and banter from users who are mostly no longer here. Figured if anybody plans to stick around here a fresh thread will work better. Anyway, I've noticed that many have signed up or logged back in but not many people are posting. I can understand why not but hopefully this will be a good place to talk about whatever you feel like talking about, if anybody feels like talking.
This message brought to you by My Brain, courtesy of My Fingers.

"We all are to some extent [agnostic]... So yes, I'm an 'agnostic', in as much as I don't actually know what happens when I die. I choose to operate under the assumption that God does not exist. I have no need for God in my life, the concept of a 'God' feels incredibly made up to me. It is not requisite for my every day living. For some people it is. They are 'theistic agnostics,' I am an 'atheistic agnostic.'" - Cara Santa Maria

Loki

Trickster God

Administrator

4 stars

Re: New Nonsense Thread

PostFri Dec 23, 2016 9:47 pm

Have a merry Christmas everyone! If you celebrate it anyway. If not, then just have a good weekend!

"We all are to some extent [agnostic]... So yes, I'm an 'agnostic', in as much as I don't actually know what happens when I die. I choose to operate under the assumption that God does not exist. I have no need for God in my life, the concept of a 'God' feels incredibly made up to me. It is not requisite for my every day living. For some people it is. They are 'theistic agnostics,' I am an 'atheistic agnostic.'" - Cara Santa Maria

jashutson13

Funnyfarm escapee

2 stars

• Thanks Received: 145

PostSun Dec 25, 2016 1:50 am

Ho ho ho and a bottle of rum, merry festevis.
    Loki: Well when a man loves another man....

Loki

Trickster God

Administrator

4 stars

PostTue Dec 27, 2016 3:09 pm

Hey Jas, how have you been? Were you on VC and I just never knew your username there/made the connection? Or did you just happen to come back here?

TatilinaBanned

0.5 stars

• Thanks Received: 15

PostFri Jan 06, 2017 12:17 am

The cycle of a cell. How could something so small be so bloody complicated to describe and all it's process.....and all the friggin key terms :Bumbed:
Chase the beast, or the beast will chase you.

Loki

Trickster God

Administrator

4 stars

PostFri Jan 06, 2017 2:30 pm

What are you hoping to do for a career where you would need to know that stuff? Or is it just a course you have to take for your degree? I'm sure you've mentioned your career goals in the past but I can't recall.

Goku

0 stars

PostSat Jan 07, 2017 12:17 am

Mitochondria are known as the powerhouses of the cell.

TatilinaBanned

0.5 stars

PostSat Jan 07, 2017 12:35 am

Loki wrote:What are you hoping to do for a career where you would need to know that stuff? Or is it just a course you have to take for your degree? I'm sure you've mentioned your career goals in the past but I can't recall.

Hey Sorry Loki, I was planning on getting back to you earlier before the drama started in the drama section :Crazy:
I'm going in for Diagnostics Medical Sonograpgy(ultrasound), but initially I was going for Laboratory Technician and then I switched to Xray Technician and now Diagnostic Medical Sonograpghy. With the courses that I'm taking (not sure how universities/colleges work in the US) I will be able to finish my courses without actually taking the diploma exam, however, I can still take the Diploma exam for free if I am not satisfied with my final average grade from each course and replace them with the diploma exam. Each of my previous choices of what I was looking to persue was influenced by close family friends, even pharmacist Technician, except all dem pills.... not good for me to be around lolz :Crazy:

I have been convinced to go thru with the excruciating Sonography course that needs all 30's including good ole physics. My biology teacher says I'm a glutton for punishment because the Diagnostic Medical Sonography course is highly condensed and overwhelming that I shall be bawling my face off every bloody night, but will be worth it in the end. I have already done some major job shadowing and I am in love with the idea of doing Diagnostic Medical Sonography for the rest of my life. The starting median salary is $74k and the course length is 3 years.

TatilinaBanned

0.5 stars

PostSat Jan 07, 2017 12:37 am

Goku wrote:Mitochondria are known as the powerhouses of the cell.

Lmfao omg my biology teacher says this ALL the time!!! In fact he said it today exactly word for word how you said it and he does the muscle man thing with his arms, le how the bodybuilders pose? Yeah like that, too funny!

Hex

Divine Self Manifest

Site Founder

3 stars

• Thanks Received: 293

PostThu Jan 19, 2017 7:45 pm

Random thought of the day: Looking forward to Peru in less than 2 weeks! Time flies.

Apologies for being MIA. Life has been busy, but I'm hoping to get back in the swing of things soon.
"When I became," said he, "the becoming became.
I have become the becoming.
I am one seeing myself, divided.
I am two and four and eight.
I am the universe in diversity.
I am my transformations.
This is my coming together.
Here are my selves become one."

-- Egyptian Book of the Dead

Next

Return to Social Lounge