It is currently Mon Mar 18, 2019 5:28 pm

Announcement: Registrations are currently disabled. Apologies for any inconvenience caused.

New Nonsense Thread

Fun, social and random discussions.
  • Author

Thy Unveiling

Creeper's Creeper

1 star

• Thanks Received: 123

Re: New Nonsense Thread

PostFri Mar 24, 2017 8:09 pm

I will admit that weird musical episode likely played a role in Giles becoming the repo man in Repo! The Genetic Opera. That man can really sing!

I could be wrong about the musical episode and his role in Repo. I'd honestly forgotten about that episode until I saw the movie with a Buffy fan. I was like "Damn! Isn't that the librarian from Buffy? Who knew he could sing?" I was swiftly reminded "Giles? They did that musical episode! He was effing awesome!"
"It's this house that's gone mad! I'm as sane as can be!" ~ICP; Madhouse

Taragaia

Awake

1.5 stars

• Thanks Received: 273

PostSat Mar 25, 2017 6:55 am

I'm always surprised to find so many CT people who watch TV series and such.

I haven't had a TV for the past 10 years and counting, I've always seen it as a brainwashing box. I watch some series but not entertainment series, only informative ones and through the pc not the TV.

I've maybe seen Buffy once in my life because of a friend, but it bored me instantly. I dislike tv series anyway.
The only way out is in

Thy Unveiling

Creeper's Creeper

1 star

• Thanks Received: 123

PostSat Mar 25, 2017 9:33 pm

I don't watch things often. No cable or Netflix. I haven't watched the last 3 or 4 seasons of Supernatural. Got sucked into Riverdale while doing laundry at my mom's and she was binge watching it. (I have a love/hate relationship with that show.) Usually we just stick on a VHS or DVD, most of which we get for $1 at the pawn shop next door. Plus the wee one is often aware of what's going on cuz I don't bs her. She knows both sides of what Trolls is about, but it's still an enjoyable film that leaves us feeling positive when it ends.

Also the tvs get covered up at night...
"It's this house that's gone mad! I'm as sane as can be!" ~ICP; Madhouse

Karlysymon

1.5 stars

• Thanks Received: 282

PostSat Mar 25, 2017 10:57 pm

Loki wrote:Jensen Ackles played a part in
the first couple of seasons of
Smallville, as well as the later
seasons of Dawson's Creek
before landing the role of Dean
Winchester in Supernatural. I've never really been a big fan of his, but I used to love Smallville and will always love Dawson's Creek. Supernatural doesn't do it for me though.

There are very few tv shows that i end up liking so much and Smallville is one of them. Dawson's Creek, not so much but i did watch it. Supernatural, hated it. An episode or two and that was it. Couldn't stand the whole paranormal theme.
Taragaia wrote:I'm always surprised to find so many CT people who watch TV series and such.
I haven't had a TV for the past 10 years and counting, I've always seen it as a brainwashing box. I watch
some series but not
entertainment series, only
informative ones and through

Many of us watched these shows when they first came out, before we "saw the light". Right now, i hardly watch tv. I have a giant pile of material to read and i can't sink into a couch every other night to watch a serie. I would feel like iam wasting time. Its not like iam going to gain anything from such an activity except kill time and to indulge in some escapism.
Side Note: Iam really happy to see that Orwell's Mentor has finally found this place and signed up here. So glad to 'see an old face again'!.

Taragaia

Awake

1.5 stars

PostSun Mar 26, 2017 4:18 am

Thy Unveiling wrote:Also the tvs get covered up at night...

Interesting, why do you do that? Because of the radiation?
The only way out is in

Taragaia

Awake

1.5 stars

PostSun Mar 26, 2017 11:15 am

Well, I guess it's my time to say goodbye.

My refusal to give my identity has apparently lead to some kind of witch hunt and intimidating PM's that I really don't need in my life so thanks those who've been nice to me and who I had pleasant discussions with.

For the others:

I hope you're happy with yourself for making me leave. I will ask the admins to ban me so that returning is impossible and you will not be able to continue harrassing me.

Sayonara..
The only way out is in

Rainerann

1 star

• Thanks Received: 103

PostTue Mar 28, 2017 8:06 am

Taragaia wrote:Well, I guess it's my time to say goodbye.

My refusal to give my identity has apparently lead to some kind of witch hunt and intimidating PM's that I really don't need in my life so thanks those who've been nice to me and who I had pleasant discussions with.

For the others:

I hope you're happy with yourself for making me leave. I will ask the admins to ban me so that returning is impossible and you will not be able to continue harrassing me.

Sayonara..

Oh Taragaia I am so sorry. That is terrible. I can't understand how anyone could do something like that to such a sweet person. You are one of the sweetest people. I hope that there is another way, and this isn't the end, but I can understand. I'm so sorry to hear this.

Rainerann

1 star

• Thanks Received: 103

PostTue Mar 28, 2017 8:14 am

Brave New World has the worst ending of all time. When John the Savage dies after all the people are just like heckling him and getting ready to return to their meaningless life, I was so upset. I have never been so upset reading any book before. Just such a bizarre way to see a society of growing complacency.

Karlysymon

1.5 stars

• Thanks Received: 282

PostTue Mar 28, 2017 12:02 pm

Tara,
iam so sorry about that and i have to understand your situation but you cannot possibly leave us......and who could drive you to the edge? I will miss you terribly. Hopefully, you'll return under another alias. This is like death. I hate death!!!!!!

Loki

Trickster God

Administrator

4 stars

• Thanks Received: 875

PostTue Mar 28, 2017 12:51 pm

Tara knows she is always welcome back if she decides she wants to come back. It's unfortunate that it came to this. Because she doesn't want any new identity to be linked to her old one, even if she were to return she obviously couldn't tell us up front or ever mention that she had other usernames to begin with. That was unfortunately her "fatal" flaw. As soon as you mention you were an old member in a CT community you open yourself up to the nosy mystery solvers who have to know, and honestly it doesn't take a whole lot to give yourself away once people know to look for tells. Personally, I don't see why anyone would care about who she was beforehand, but it wasn't something Tara was uncomfortable with people knowing, I guess to avoid drama, which ironically resulted in more drama and her feeling forced to ban herself. Any who were messaging her to taunt her with their knowledge or posting about it in threads should certainly feel ashamed of themselves, it was a very unkind thing to do.
This message brought to you by My Brain, courtesy of My Fingers.

"We all are to some extent [agnostic]... So yes, I'm an 'agnostic', in as much as I don't actually know what happens when I die. I choose to operate under the assumption that God does not exist. I have no need for God in my life, the concept of a 'God' feels incredibly made up to me. It is not requisite for my every day living. For some people it is. They are 'theistic agnostics,' I am an 'atheistic agnostic.'" - Cara Santa Maria
PreviousNext

Return to Social Lounge