It is currently Mon Dec 11, 2017 3:02 pm

Announcement: The Vigilant Forums have been reopened! Please see here for further information.

New Nonsense Thread

Fun, social and random discussions.
  • Author

Rainerann

1 star

• Thanks Received: 103

Re: New Nonsense Thread

PostWed Mar 29, 2017 12:02 am

She is one of the sweetest people here. I can see people wanting to know who you were if you were acting like a jerk, but if someone is just being sweet and wants to make a fresh start, people should respect that and leave her alone. I am so sad about this. It isn't very often that there are such sweet people on a forum. I guess the fact that she felt she had to leave is evidence of that.

Thy Unveiling

Creeper's Creeper

1 star

• Thanks Received: 123

PostWed Mar 29, 2017 12:33 am

I had no idea she was getting cruelly harassed via pm. That's really upsetting, to say the least. Poor girl.

To answer her question about covering the tvs: black mirrored surfaces are used in occult practices. While I don't really dabble in occultism, I was starting to see things I shouldn't be seeing in the dark of the screen; usually predecessed by an uncomfortable feeling of being watched.
"It's this house that's gone mad! I'm as sane as can be!" ~ICP; Madhouse

Loki

Trickster God

Administrator

4 stars

• Thanks Received: 873

PostWed Mar 29, 2017 12:09 pm

As far as I'm aware the harassment was limited to just a bunch of people PMing her that they'd found out who she was, which was something she wasn't comfortable with. I don't believe anyone said anything nasty or anything, except for possibly one person. Regardless, it's very unnecessary for people to get so caught up with figuring out who she previously was that they would bother to message her about it or dig into her posts to try and figure it out. That speaks to me of some sort of personal issue on their part. I've had to do it in the past when we would have banned users returning to the boards, and it was never something I much enjoyed. So long as everyone is cool and getting along, I couldn't care less about their past, and in this case it wasn't even like a bad secret or anything, she just seemed to feel having her previous identity revealed would cause drama and attention she didn't want to deal with. I obviously don't want to share her past username here, though many likely already know it, but I will say she was just as sweet previously as she was as Tara.
This message brought to you by My Brain, courtesy of My Fingers.

"We all are to some extent [agnostic]... So yes, I'm an 'agnostic', in as much as I don't actually know what happens when I die. I choose to operate under the assumption that God does not exist. I have no need for God in my life, the concept of a 'God' feels incredibly made up to me. It is not requisite for my every day living. For some people it is. They are 'theistic agnostics,' I am an 'atheistic agnostic.'" - Cara Santa Maria

Scimitar

Servant of God

4 stars

• Thanks Received: 582

PostWed Mar 29, 2017 12:19 pm

Loki wrote: though many likely already know it, but I will says he was just as sweet previously as she was as Tara.

Agreed.

She will be missed,

Scimi

I have nothing to do with any recommendations to join any war on any person , race or community. I do not support ISIS nor any other movement, I seek opportunities to unite mankind, I seek to look at common ground and choose to ignore differences. I do not support violence, I condemn it. I have no affiliations with any promoting of violence be it political, racial or religious.

Tiny Leaf

Topsy Turvy

0 stars

• Thanks Received: 21

PostWed Mar 29, 2017 5:12 pm

CHICKEN ATTACK!!!

phpBB [video]

Creeper

1.5 stars

• Thanks Received: 282

PostThu Mar 30, 2017 10:38 am

I recently found this channel on YouTube called Angry Ram....

It is basically about a ram called Rambro who lives in New Zealand who attacks anything and everything. He was going to be put down because he is so aggressive and his old owner couldn't handle him. He is pretty wild, but this guy gave him a chance and lets​ him roam in the forest on his property, which I think is wonderful and recording Rambro's hilarious antics was a stroke of genius. I have really been enjoying watching Rambro's adventures and I hope you guys enjoy watching these couple of videos.

This was the first one I ever saw...

phpBB [video]

If you are anything like me, you will just see the picture in the next one before even watching it and say "you got to be kidding me" :lol:

I hope that little joke wasn't too awful. :lol:

phpBB [video]

Have a nice day everyone :Smile:
A fool thinks himself to be wise,
a wise man knows himself to be a fool.

Everything is meaningless, a chasing after the wind.

Loki

Trickster God

Administrator

4 stars

• Thanks Received: 873

PostThu Mar 30, 2017 2:30 pm

Lol, Rambro is awesome. Bit of an asshole, but I'm glad he got a chance to live in relative peace and freedom rather than being put down. After his encounter with the digger I like to imagine he went to sleep that night with a massive headache and also the uncomforting knowledge that he wouldn't be getting first pick of the ladies, assuming any ladies ever showed up. Diggerbro is not to be fucked with.

Since we are sharing personal internet fascinations, here is mine: Reviewbrah. Contrary to the "brah" nature of his name, he is not much of a "bro" but just a very odd but well-meaning gentleman whose passion is reviewing fast food items and energy drinks.

This is the first video I ever saw from him, courtesy of Reddit, where he reviews insanely spicy wings. There is just an innocent enigma about him that drew me in, and as one Redditor noted, his "woo!"s can only be described as Toby McGuire a la Spider-Man 3-esque.

phpBB [video]

And here is one more classic with an appearance from his cat:

phpBB [video]

These days he mostly does reviews from his car in the parking lots of the fast food joints he decides to grace with his presence, but I still watch most of his uploads. I just can't look away, and I also love how genuine and well-meaning he is despite the obvious criticisms he must get from those who find him odd or weird.
This message brought to you by My Brain, courtesy of My Fingers.

"We all are to some extent [agnostic]... So yes, I'm an 'agnostic', in as much as I don't actually know what happens when I die. I choose to operate under the assumption that God does not exist. I have no need for God in my life, the concept of a 'God' feels incredibly made up to me. It is not requisite for my every day living. For some people it is. They are 'theistic agnostics,' I am an 'atheistic agnostic.'" - Cara Santa Maria

Thy Unveiling

Creeper's Creeper

1 star

• Thanks Received: 123

PostFri Mar 31, 2017 10:13 pm

That guy seems really sweet
"It's this house that's gone mad! I'm as sane as can be!" ~ICP; Madhouse

Karlysymon

1.5 stars

PostSat Apr 01, 2017 9:37 pm

Scimi be like

Really, Thanx!

Creeper

1.5 stars

PostTue Apr 11, 2017 7:51 am

This guy has clearly done a lot of acid and busted open a few doorways, I can tell by the look in his eyes, but that doesn't mean that he isn't onto something...

phpBB [video]

It's all fun and games, everything is insane.
A fool thinks himself to be wise,
a wise man knows himself to be a fool.

Everything is meaningless, a chasing after the wind.
PreviousNext

Return to Social Lounge