It is currently Tue Jan 22, 2019 12:26 am

Announcement: Registrations are currently disabled. Apologies for any inconvenience caused.

Back in Time

Fun, social and random discussions.
  • Author

Karlysymon

1.5 stars

• Thanks Received: 282

Back in Time

PostSun Feb 05, 2017 12:11 am

If you could go back in time, where would you go and why? I would go backpacking across the world be it in 1400BC or 600AD. For now though, i really miss the 90s especially the early 90s. Iam a millenial but i feel like it was the last time the world was simple. Atleast Bruce Springsteen, Sean Penn, Tom Hanks and Don Henley weren't old and grey! That 80s and 90s movie or music video (if i get to catch one) provokes this nostalgia or reminds me of my innocence. My blissful ignorance. 9/11 violated my person and i lost my innocence that day. Once into the 2000s, pretty much everything became rubbish. The music, movies, you name it! We were plunged into perpetual war, credit crunch, and more madness. Early 90s save me! Ofcourse i wouldn't have wanted to be in Bosnia in the mid-90s.......
Don Henley's (of the Eagles) song 'End of Innocence' perfectly captures this sentiment
Remember when the days were long
And rolled beneath a deep blue sky
Didn't have a care in the world
With mommy and daddy standin' by But "happily ever after" fails
And we've been poisoned by these fairy tales
The lawyers dwell on small details
Since daddy had to fly
But I know a place where we can go That's still untouched by men
We'll sit and watch the clouds roll by
And the tall grass wave in the wind
You can lay your head back on the ground And let your hair fall all around me
Offer up your best defense But this is the end This is the end of the innocence
O' beautiful, for spacious skies But now those skies are threatening
They're beating plowshares into swords For this tired old man that we elected king
Armchair warriors often fail And we've been poisoned by these fairy tales
The lawyers clean up all details Since daddy had to lie But I know a place where we can go And wash away this sin
We'll sit and watch the clouds roll by And the tall grass wave in the wind Just lay your head back on the ground And let your hair spill all around me Offer up your best defense But this is the end
This is the end of the innocence Who knows how long this will last Now we've come so far, so fast
But, somewhere back there in the dust That same small town in each of us
I need to remember this
So baby give me just one kiss
And let me take a long last look
Before we say goodbye
Just lay your head back on the ground And let your hair fall all around me
Offer up your best defense
But this is the end
This is the end of the innocence

Taragaia

Awake

1.5 stars

• Thanks Received: 273

Re: Back in Time

PostMon Feb 06, 2017 3:04 am

I would go back to ancient Egypt and become a priestess. I would love to delve into the mysteries of the ancient world.

It was an equal society for men and women, and priests and scribes were very respected people. I also like the way they dressed, the weather and the arts there. I would've felt at home I think.
The only way out is in

slave_of_God

0.5 stars

• Thanks Received: 29

PostSun Mar 26, 2017 11:23 am

I would go to the Bermuda Triangles in a boat all by myself (or with a loved one ... reluctantly).

Time period doesn't matter i think.

Hmm ...
My heart's at ease knowing what has missed me was never meant for me.

Creeper

1.5 stars

PostSun Mar 26, 2017 9:21 pm

I suppose I am a millennial/generation Y person... I had to look it up because I hate all these crazy terms people come out with, I heard it before but I always assumed it was people born after 2000...

I miss the 90's, I could be looking back with the rose tinted spectacles of childhood innocence and nostalgia, but the world does feel like it has gone to shit since 9/11 and only gotten progressively worse since then. The writing was on the wall in the 90's, but that was when the stuff really hit the fan...

The 70's sound like they were cool but I would go back to the stone age, before we screwed everything up, back when we were still in tune with the earth. It would still be brutal, but at least it would be natural and the focus would be on actually surviving and living life to the fullest, rather than dealing with all this corperate statutory paper fuckery and the freakin drones, man.
A fool thinks himself to be wise,
a wise man knows himself to be a fool.

Everything is meaningless, a chasing after the wind.

Karlysymon

1.5 stars

PostMon Mar 27, 2017 9:10 pm

I don't know, but the 70s seem so boring to me. Have no desire to go back to that decade, what with the disco music and the weird fashion.......ughhhhh

Creeper

1.5 stars

PostMon Mar 27, 2017 9:34 pm

Karlysymon wrote:I don't know, but the 70s seem so boring to me. Have no desire to go back to that decade, what with the disco music and the weird fashion.......ughhhhh

Honestly, it was more for the drugs than anything else :lol: apparently it was a good time for all that.
A fool thinks himself to be wise,
a wise man knows himself to be a fool.

Everything is meaningless, a chasing after the wind.

Creep

Weirdo

0 stars

• Thanks Received: 5

PostFri Oct 13, 2017 6:41 am

Want to say the 60s, but I already lived and died then. Was (ironically) killed at a peace rally. I've had many flashbacks to that moment during this life.

Stay away from rallies and protests.
What the hell am I doing here?
I don't belong here...

Return to Social Lounge