It is currently Sat May 25, 2019 3:21 am

Announcement: Registrations are currently disabled. Apologies for any inconvenience caused.

World War 3

From discussing the nature of the control system to space phenomena, theorize away.
  • Author

Kung Fu

2.5 stars

• Thanks Received: 207

World War 3

PostFri Oct 17, 2014 3:34 pm

Does anyone else feel that it's just around the corner or at least will happen within our lifetime?

Loki

Trickster God

Administrator

4 stars

• Thanks Received: 875

Re: World War 3

PostFri Oct 17, 2014 5:03 pm

I thought we were more likely a few months ago with all the stuff happening in Crimea and Russia getting involved then that plane being shot down by one side or another, etc. Or even before that with all the NK threats because if they actually tried something then US might step in and smack them down and China could get involved, then boom WW3. But the Crimea thing (which could still be going on, I haven't been following it much) has fallen off the radar and Kim Jong Un is potentially sick, dead, or detained according to various rumors around NK and SK, so I'm not sure exactly what might set off WW3 anytime soon. That said, I wouldn't exactly be surprised if the US kept invading countries to the point that people are pissed at us enough to really fight back... So ten years from now who knows?

What were you thinking could set it off?
This message brought to you by My Brain, courtesy of My Fingers.

"We all are to some extent [agnostic]... So yes, I'm an 'agnostic', in as much as I don't actually know what happens when I die. I choose to operate under the assumption that God does not exist. I have no need for God in my life, the concept of a 'God' feels incredibly made up to me. It is not requisite for my every day living. For some people it is. They are 'theistic agnostics,' I am an 'atheistic agnostic.'" - Cara Santa Maria

Kung Fu

2.5 stars

• Thanks Received: 207

PostFri Oct 17, 2014 5:30 pm

Loki wrote:I thought we were more likely a few months ago with all the stuff happening in Crimea and Russia getting involved then that plane being shot down by one side or another, etc. Or even before that with all the NK threats because if they actually tried something then US might step in and smack them down and China could get involved, then boom WW3. But the Crimea thing (which could still be going on, I haven't been following it much) has fallen off the radar and Kim Jong Un is potentially sick, dead, or detained according to various rumors around NK and SK, so I'm not sure exactly what might set off WW3 anytime soon. That said, I wouldn't exactly be surprised if the US kept invading countries to the point that people are pissed at us enough to really fight back... So ten years from now who knows?

What were you thinking could set it off?

Well honestly with all the propaganda against Muslims after 9/11 and now against Russia, I'm sure anything can trigger it. Maybe it's already happened and this is just the beginning stages since all of the worlds powers are already in the Middle East bombing the shit out of it based on lies. Even Canada is now getting involved and sending jets to Syria and bombing away. Scary times, I tell you.

justjess

JEZEBEL

5 Stars

• Thanks Received: 999

PostFri Oct 17, 2014 6:35 pm

yes i do think we are at the boiling point, when it will tip over i dont know.. i think 5-10 years is a good estimate. civil war might break out first here idk. but with everything with isis, russia, ebola.. i think its close. i have a couple exit plans actually planned out. and i was even talking to my husband about this earlier today.. and he usually thinks im nuts so for him to be on the same page as me says something.
Scratch most feminists and underneath there is a woman who longs to be a sex object. The difference is that is not all she wants to be. ~Betty Rollin

"I don't really aspire to being rational. I'm more attracted to the irrational," she says. "There's no such thing as total rationality. That's something I've realized lately." - Scarlet Johansson

Talijana

Forum Dominatrix

3 stars

• Thanks Received: 492

PostSat Oct 18, 2014 3:30 am

Ebola won't cause war, as it stands it has a 60-70% kill rate, if that were to spread and mutate mutations increase with spreadability. If anything that is the antidote to war, might precipitate societal collapse, but then survivors foraging in micro-units hardly qualifies as WWIII

But ebola will be contained.

WWIII will probably begin in Europe and will look suspiciously like WWII- Germany is militarising and making rather brutish remarks Russias way. And its pretty much holding up the rest of the continent its not exactly a recipe for harmonious relations, resentment much? Some stupid probably superfluous event will set it off too. We are all expecting some kind of Samuel Huntingtonesque clash of civilisation epic drama of ideologies. But should most of us not die of a global pandemic, I do think WWIII is imminent. America is not acting rationally either, a superpower in decline never does. It has too much to lose and cannot face the inevitable shift in the geo-political sands. There is a lot of tension and a lot of people/nations havent gotten themselves out of Post WWII mindsets (the amount of times Ive heard Russia accidently referred to as The Soviet Union by various western officials)-lack of diplomacy, greater economic uncertainty, scarcity of resources, some of the biggest countries not developing alternative energy-Yeah, the next two decades will be terrifying.
“If the doors of perception were cleansed every thing would appear to man as it is, Infinite. For man has closed himself up, till he sees all things thro' narrow chinks of his cavern.” William Blake

justjess

JEZEBEL

5 Stars

PostSat Oct 18, 2014 4:13 am

ebola itself may not cause war but there are plenty people here in the USA advocating for forced quarantine of the whole african continent.. coupled with the fact that there are already muslim extremists active in parts of africa.. i just think it could potentiate an explosive situation.

either way i think we are just fucked.
Scratch most feminists and underneath there is a woman who longs to be a sex object. The difference is that is not all she wants to be. ~Betty Rollin

"I don't really aspire to being rational. I'm more attracted to the irrational," she says. "There's no such thing as total rationality. That's something I've realized lately." - Scarlet Johansson

Loki

Trickster God

Administrator

4 stars

PostMon Oct 20, 2014 12:21 pm

This topic kind of makes me think of this quote from a Rise Against song I really like called "Survivor Guilt" (they sampled the quote from a movie apparently), mostly the talk of the USA crumbling:

Man 1: "What are you talking about? America's not going to be destroyed."
Man 2: "Never? Rome was destroyed. Greece was destroyed. Persia was destroyed. Spain was destroyed. All great countries are destroyed. Why not yours? How much longer do you think your country will last? Forever?"

"We all are to some extent [agnostic]... So yes, I'm an 'agnostic', in as much as I don't actually know what happens when I die. I choose to operate under the assumption that God does not exist. I have no need for God in my life, the concept of a 'God' feels incredibly made up to me. It is not requisite for my every day living. For some people it is. They are 'theistic agnostics,' I am an 'atheistic agnostic.'" - Cara Santa Maria

sarah

3.5 Stars

• Thanks Received: 478

PostMon Oct 20, 2014 1:17 pm

It's ridiculous that large swaths of Americans are calling for the whole continent of Africa to be quarantined when Ebola is coming from parts of the western region of Africa and other parts of Africa like Southern Arica have 'quarantined' the regions that have been inflicted with Ebola.

It's like if each of the states in the U.S. were different countries and there was an Ebola outbreak in Florida, Colorado and Missouri and the rest of the states quarantined those states/countries not allowing ANY travel in or out and taking all measures necessary and in spite of this other countries outside of the U.S. decided to call for the whole continent of North America (including Canada and perhaps Mexico and the southern regions of America as well) to be quarantined.

There have been NO confirmed cases of Ebola in South Africa due to the very strict measures they have taken but there have been confirmed cases in the United States AND travel to and from the Ebola regions of western Africa is still being allowed by the United States government so should the U.S. be quarantined?

Loki

Trickster God

Administrator

4 stars

PostMon Oct 20, 2014 1:22 pm

The people calling for a full quarantine are the uneducated Americans who just listen to the fear mongering of Faux News and NBC and CNN.

justjess

JEZEBEL

5 Stars

PostMon Oct 20, 2014 1:35 pm

i am not one of those people who wants a quarantine, i would like to see travel temorarily suspended and i would like to see the cases that have popped up here actually handled correctly.

with that said i would not be opposed to quarantining texas :wink:

Next

Return to Theories