It is currently Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:45 pm

Announcement: Registrations are currently disabled. Apologies for any inconvenience caused.

Psychiatry - Mind control or science?

From discussing the nature of the control system to space phenomena, theorize away.
  • Author

Rainerann

1 star

• Thanks Received: 103

Re: Psychiatry - Mind control or science?

PostTue Mar 07, 2017 6:59 am

Taragaia wrote:
I think there is nothing wrong with therapy, I agree with you there like I said there should be no taboo on speaking with a therapist. However, the procedure to do so is what irks me. If you get to see a therapist, you're stuck with a label for the rest of your life. It shouldn't be that way, in most cases you should be cured if you leave unless you have the mental variety of a terminal illness. Instead, it seems that in the psychiatric industry all illnesses are (made) chronic and that's where my doubt comes from.

Most illnesses aren't chronic, why would a mental one always be there for the rest of your life? Psychiatry teaches people to believe they will never get better, they will always depend on medication and basically can't make decisions without doctors. That might be true for a few, but certainly not for the mass of children today we see diagnosed at a very early age with things like adhd and stuff. All they hear their whole lives is that they are ''crazy'' and 'different'', so no surprise that they turn out to be problematic adults.

I complete agree with you on this and I have even participated in an organization that addresses this called NAMI in the US. It is comprised of family members of mental health patients and works to address that stigma that is associated with mental illness.

I think it is the stigma that has caused many of the abuses within the field because the patient's are often left without someone who loves them unconditionally advocating for their right to fair and equal treatment.

I think psychiatry is a science in the respect that there are legitimate mental illnesses and there needs to be a profession that studies this in order to understand and help people suffering from these things. However, I do think people can take advantage of the understanding that they have of the mind and it can be used against us in very ways. Therefore, people have to become educated and not reliant on other people like psychiatrists in order to create something of an intellectual balance of power I guess you could say.

Karlysymon

1.5 stars

• Thanks Received: 282

PostThu Mar 09, 2017 11:47 am

Unfortunately, the gov't loves Psychiatry alittle too much, think Dr Ewen Cameron . And its a good thing you mentioned Scientology in the OP because the discipline, cults and intelligence collide more often than we think.
Cameron was an internationally prominent psychiatrist who developed torture techniques on his involuntary hospitalized
patients — mostly women. His brutal techniques involved a three-stage method for
“brainwashing” in order to
eliminate the will and establish control: first, “mental depatterning” achieved through drug-induced coma; massive neuroleptic drug cocktails
induced extended sleep lasting up to eighty-six days. The second stage involved extreme, high voltage multiple electroshock “treatments” three times daily. Finally, while the
person is in isolated
confinement, in LSD altered
states of consciousness, and
deprived of sensory stimulation, adequate food, water, and oxygen, the subject would be bombarded by “psychic driving” by use of a football helmet clamped to the head with taped
messages played for hours non-stop “up to a half-million times, messages such as “my mother hates me.” (McCoy, 2007)

http://ahrp.org/1950s-1960s-dr-ewen-cam ... -montreal/

Taragaia

Awake

1.5 stars

• Thanks Received: 273

PostThu Mar 09, 2017 6:27 pm

Karlysymon wrote:Unfortunately, the gov't loves Psychiatry alittle too much, think Dr Ewen Cameron . And its a good thing you mentioned Scientology in the OP because the discipline, cults and intelligence collide more often than we think.
http://ahrp.org/1950s-1960s-dr-ewen-cam ... -montreal/

Exactly, the government can invent whatever 'illness'' is convenient and call it ''psychiatry'' and then issue it in state sanctioned ''hospitals'' just like the eugenics program under Hitler caused a great many of disabled people to be forcibly sterlised or killed. After all, what's the point of keeping ''useless eaters'' alive?

That gets quite scary if the government gets to decide who is a useless eater. I'd definitely qualify, personally :Confused:
The only way out is in
Previous

Return to Theories