It is currently Wed Aug 23, 2017 7:39 pm

Announcement: The Vigilant Forums have been reopened! Please see here for further information.

Mandella Effect

Doesn't quite fit anywhere else? Share it here.
  • Author

meltbanana

0 stars

• Thanks Received: 26

Re: Mandella Effect

PostWed Feb 08, 2017 11:15 pm

...and Bugs Bunny used to smoke cigars, but meanwhile, he's eating carrots.

Sorry, just couldn't resist.

Loki

Trickster God

Administrator

4 stars

• Thanks Received: 857

PostMon Mar 06, 2017 10:29 pm

Okay, now it has gone too far! Apparently, Ricky Ricardo from I Love Lucy NEVER said "Lucy, you've got some esplainin' to do!"

I know I'm not the only one that remembers him using that line ALL THE TIME on that show.
This message brought to you by My Brain, courtesy of My Fingers.

"We all are to some extent [agnostic]... So yes, I'm an 'agnostic', in as much as I don't actually know what happens when I die. I choose to operate under the assumption that God does not exist. I have no need for God in my life, the concept of a 'God' feels incredibly made up to me. It is not requisite for my every day living. For some people it is. They are 'theistic agnostics,' I am an 'atheistic agnostic.'" - Cara Santa Maria

Thy Unveiling

Creeper's Creeper

1 star

• Thanks Received: 122

PostFri Mar 17, 2017 1:24 am

Wtf?! That crazy redhead always had some 'splaining to do!
"It's this house that's gone mad! I'm as sane as can be!" ~ICP; Madhouse

Loki

Trickster God

Administrator

4 stars

PostFri Mar 17, 2017 12:29 pm

Yeah, for me the Berenstein Bears becoming the Berenstain Bears was enough to convince me something weird was happening. I understand the arguments that I was young when reading those books and whatnot, but I was a good reader and speller from a young age and EVERYBODY I knew called them the Beren[steen] Bears, and it was spelled Berenstein. However, I was willing to say maybe I just had a very vivid imagination and that wasn't really the case.

I Love Lucy is non-refutable proof to me. That was Ricky's most famous line and he said it like every other episode it felt like. Most people I've seen talk about this also remember one or two specific episodes that I also remember him saying it; the most common being the episode where Lucy attempts to get into his show. It's unbelievable to me that he never actually said that once in the entire run of the show.

"We all are to some extent [agnostic]... So yes, I'm an 'agnostic', in as much as I don't actually know what happens when I die. I choose to operate under the assumption that God does not exist. I have no need for God in my life, the concept of a 'God' feels incredibly made up to me. It is not requisite for my every day living. For some people it is. They are 'theistic agnostics,' I am an 'atheistic agnostic.'" - Cara Santa Maria

Thy Unveiling

Creeper's Creeper

1 star

• Thanks Received: 122

PostMon Apr 03, 2017 10:13 pm

I think my bathroom sink has turned into a Mandella sink. A few days ago my roommate mentioned the teal spot in the sink (from when we painted soon after she moved in) is driving her nuts. "Something its there
Something it's not. Have you ever noticed that?" I thought about, but no; I'd never noticed.
Anyways; I'm a bit of a clean freak and it's worse when I clean for a living. If I get in early; I clean. On my days off; I clean. So I've cleaned my bathroom (and the rest of the place) pretty much every day this past week. There was a tiny teal splatter on the one side of the sink yesterday and the day before.
I just cleaned the bathroom again less than an hour ago. There was still the splatter on the one side, but today there was even more on the other side where there had been none in the past week.
I know damn well it wasn't there yesterday when I cleaned it.

Edited because I accidentally hit submit prematurely
"It's this house that's gone mad! I'm as sane as can be!" ~ICP; Madhouse

Loki

Trickster God

Administrator

4 stars

PostTue Apr 04, 2017 12:14 pm

That's pretty interesting. You should start photographing both sides of your sink every day just out of curiosity. I don't know how one would explain such a situation honestly, but photographic evidence if it continues to happen would be pretty fascinating.

Previous

Return to The Miscellaneous