It is currently Wed Dec 19, 2018 3:07 am

Announcement: Registrations are currently disabled. Apologies for any inconvenience caused.

anyone know what this would be?

Doesn't quite fit anywhere else? Share it here.
  • Author

sarah

3.5 Stars

• Thanks Received: 478

anyone know what this would be?

PostTue Nov 18, 2014 1:17 pm

from above ground of the bunker..

inside the entrance

endless hospital like hallways..

one dead end

and then to 'the big hall' one of the biggest rooms...

gloves left in the big room

a shoe

a deep cavern

anyhoo.. I was wondering if anyone knows or has an idea of what the thing is in the top photo is as well as the hatch room and the cavern.... just out of curiosity.

CrippledKnight

4 stars

• Thanks Received: 645

Re: anyone know what this would be?

PostTue Nov 18, 2014 1:55 pm

Hm, it definetely looks like a furnace, I'm not willing to do all bets but the pipes up top along with the chamber seem to be some type of similar contraption.

Furnace:

Yet the one in your picture seems quite big, they're usually smaller like the picture I posted, unless we're talking about some industrial level furnace. It does look like some German hippies vandalized the place :Crazy: , one can tell several German words like in one of the pictures, to the right, it says Liebe, which is German for love.

Can't make much else. Was this you over there in Canada making freaky trips elsewhere? I've gone to some weird places, I still think I have some pictures from Puerto Rico I took where I think some nasty crap was undergoing. I bet spies were being smuggled in during the last century, yet never had the chance to do a thread on it. I'll probably retake a few pictures and post them here to see if anyone knows something afterwards.

Hope you're having a good day,

Loki

Trickster God

Administrator

4 stars

• Thanks Received: 875

PostTue Nov 18, 2014 2:04 pm

I was gonna say it looks like some sort of furnace. But if there is no building on top of the area I don't know what the furnace would be for. Those pipes coming out of the ground kind of say it's a furnace to me as well because the fumes would have to escape somewhere I imagine.

I'm not too helpful on this though, I really have no idea just guesses.

Judging by the sign in one of the pics CK I'm guessing this place is in Russia or somewhere around there. I'm not terribly good with languages but that looks like something close to Russian to me.

Have any backstory on the place that might help Sarah or were you just traveling and stumble across it? Or did you even take the pics yourself?
This message brought to you by My Brain, courtesy of My Fingers.

"We all are to some extent [agnostic]... So yes, I'm an 'agnostic', in as much as I don't actually know what happens when I die. I choose to operate under the assumption that God does not exist. I have no need for God in my life, the concept of a 'God' feels incredibly made up to me. It is not requisite for my every day living. For some people it is. They are 'theistic agnostics,' I am an 'atheistic agnostic.'" - Cara Santa Maria

CrippledKnight

4 stars

PostTue Nov 18, 2014 2:25 pm

Russian hippies writing German words?

Got it,

Ukraine.

Bang I'm a fkin genius.

Lol, kidding... or... is it Ukraine? :think:

Hex

Divine Self Manifest

Site Founder

3 stars

• Thanks Received: 293

PostTue Nov 18, 2014 2:47 pm

Looks like an old abandoned WW2 bunker. Original sauce:

http://www.orrazz.com/2014/09/the-bunker-31-pics.html
"When I became," said he, "the becoming became.
I have become the becoming.
I am one seeing myself, divided.
I am two and four and eight.
I am the universe in diversity.
I am my transformations.
This is my coming together.
Here are my selves become one."

-- Egyptian Book of the Dead

Loki

Trickster God

Administrator

4 stars

• Thanks Received: 875

PostTue Nov 18, 2014 3:18 pm

That makes sense, big old furnace for heat while hiding from bombs in the frigid Ukraine/Czech Republic or wherever. Would be interesting to know what the cavern is about though. Shit hole?
This message brought to you by My Brain, courtesy of My Fingers.

"We all are to some extent [agnostic]... So yes, I'm an 'agnostic', in as much as I don't actually know what happens when I die. I choose to operate under the assumption that God does not exist. I have no need for God in my life, the concept of a 'God' feels incredibly made up to me. It is not requisite for my every day living. For some people it is. They are 'theistic agnostics,' I am an 'atheistic agnostic.'" - Cara Santa Maria

sarah

3.5 Stars

• Thanks Received: 478

PostTue Nov 18, 2014 3:31 pm

Yep, they were taken in Germany..

So when visiting an old friend in northern Germany (formerly GDR) he told me about these weird periscope like pipes in the woods. they often played there as kids and knew about the bunkers below, but never were allowed to get near them. Last week we decided to check them out and this is our report. (sry for my bad english, im trying my best)

http://www.orrazz.com/2014/09/the-bunker-31-pics.html

Thanks for the input, I like looking at photos and footage taken by regular people who go exploring in all sorts of odd or what ends up being historical places. I thought that was probably a furnace, it is very deep below ground level though and I wasn't sure, also some of the other things in it, the round hatch room and cavern like an old elevator type shaft, there would have been several heavy doors (like that one lying on the ground) all shut tight in a row in that one corridor before being able to get to the 'big' room with the furnace looking contraption.

I don't know if this would have been a regular bunker for use during war time or something more top secret.

If anyone has any other ideas about this or have photos/footage of any other odd or historical explorations or things like interesting and seemingly mysterious caves, underground tunnels, hidden complexes, previously unknown about underground transportation systems etc.. feel free to post them here or things along that line including stuff that 'regular' people have just stumbled upon and found interesting.

CrippledKnight

4 stars

PostTue Nov 18, 2014 3:56 pm

An old Furnance in Germany?

If it's more than 60 years old, with no buildings to substain such heat, with nearby huge seemingly like dumping area, I'm under the impression it wasn't used to roast marshmallows. Unless they would have been huge, human sized marshmallows, but those would have been very hard to make in that time.

Return to The Miscellaneous