It is currently Sat Oct 20, 2018 11:07 pm

Announcement: Registrations are currently disabled. Apologies for any inconvenience caused.

Desperately need some help...

Doesn't quite fit anywhere else? Share it here.
  • Author

Karlysymon

1.5 stars

• Thanks Received: 282

Re: Desperately need some help...

PostThu Jan 19, 2017 8:21 am

AS and TU, in retrospect, do you not find that the bad stuff that happened were blessings in disguise? Ofcourse, not all occurances but most of them? More like missing the train, getting pissed and then finding out said train derailed with no survivors. At this point in my life, i have come to take bad events with alot more calm. We are imperfect people living in an imperfect world thus things will not always run smoothly but more often than not, retrospectively, i find that a bad occurance was merely a trap door that didn't give way for me to fall into a shit-hole. Besides, everything happens for a reason. Mundane or otherwise.

Thy Unveiling

Creeper's Creeper

1 star

• Thanks Received: 123

PostThu Jan 19, 2017 9:38 am

...most of what you say is true. But last summer? No, nothing was a blessing in disguise. It was straight up "Things keep getting worse despite trying my best and it's been going on for 3 months" crying nearly every day. No disguised blessings. Wait; there was one. The hydro company cut us off after I reported flickering. When an electrician came along he found the wires were smoking. So we narrowly avoided a fire. Definitely a blessing to not lose everything in a fire.
"It's this house that's gone mad! I'm as sane as can be!" ~ICP; Madhouse

Karlysymon

1.5 stars

PostThu Jan 19, 2017 11:23 am

See? There was a blessing even if it was just one. Iam sorry about last summer. Life can be annoyingly hard sometimes, with moments filled with dead-end roads and lots of tears. But i have found that even just one blessing in disguise lightens a sometimes-unbearable load.

AndrianaStark

0 stars

• Thanks Received: 55

PostThu Jan 19, 2017 2:16 pm

Karlysmon I see what you mean but that doesn't make the situation easier. It is like tricking the mind. So in 2013 I got discharged from the Military because somehow my blood sample got mixed up with someone else's and they thought I had an STD so they discharged me. I was actually negative from all STD's and the doctors in the military said, "it is an extreme rare case and we have never seen anything like this happen before." So there was that and I was back to civilian life all because of my fucked up luck. But I ended up meeting my husband 2 years later and that would not have happened had I been in the military. So that was my big blessing in disguise but when I was discharged, I was not okay. What followed was a series of unfortunate events mixed with anger and pain and severe depression. Suicidal thoughts filled my head and I truly wanted to die. Sooooo these blessings in disguise things, may not be the easiest things to go through. Took me years to find out what the real purpose of it all was. I don't want it to sound like I am not grateful, its just been one hell of a ride and its never ending. Like if it's not one thing, it's another.

Thy Unveiling

Creeper's Creeper

1 star

PostThu Jan 19, 2017 10:32 pm

I find myself nodding in agreement with you a lot in this thread, Adriana.

While going through the hell, it's very hard to see the positive. Sometimes we are lucky to look back and at least say "I learned something/became stronger/whatever" other times you look back and simply reaffirm that was a steaming pile of crap. I can only begn to imagine how horrifying and confusing it must have been to have/but-not-have an STD! Yikes!

Apparently everything happens for a reason, though. Or so we're told. Idk, I'm no guru.

Karlysymon

1.5 stars

PostFri Jan 20, 2017 12:45 am

Ofcourse hardly anyone thinks about the positives while in a very difficult situation but like i said earlier, blessings in disguise are more often seen retrospectively. And sometimes its during that difficult time. I have experienced both instances in my trials. Iam sorry about your discharge. Was a career in the military a long-held dream? And yes, some ordeals seem pointless /meaningless to the sufferer but i still stand by or believe in 'everything happens for a reason'. Afterall, iam not meant to understand everything that happens under the sun in this lifetime.

Thy Unveiling

Creeper's Creeper

1 star

PostFri Jan 20, 2017 12:53 am

I don't imagine any of us are. That would be more than enough to drive a person over the edge! Almost like if you heard everybodies thoughts all the time.

Though sometimes those would be nice gifts, if you could keep them under control ^u^

AndrianaStark

0 stars

• Thanks Received: 55

PostFri Jan 20, 2017 4:42 pm

I agree Karlysmon about everything being for a reason. I stand by it. But I struggle with remaining positive sometimes. And to answer your question about it being a long-held dream, it was definitely my dream and I was doing a great job at it. One can't fight God though. Now when things go totally south, I just look up and laugh. How funny is it that I can for one second think that I am actually in control of my life. If there's anything I have learned in my 22 years of living it is that I am most definitely NOT in control of my life. :lol:

Thy Unveiling

Creeper's Creeper

1 star

PostFri Jan 20, 2017 7:33 pm

"Can't fight God"; I'm going to have to remember that next time things don't go according to my plans. God planned for you to meet your husband and fulfill some other purpose in life. For all we know, you and he may end up being the parents of a future game changer. Perhaps giving way to a future without war therefore no need for a military. Seems mighty far fetched, but ya never know. Watching The Simpsons years ago we never believed Trump would actually be president. Pocketsofthefuture has been rather accurate in referring to these days as a cartoon reality.

Edit: I hate autocorrect/autofill

Karlysymon

1.5 stars

PostSat Jan 21, 2017 10:00 pm

We all do struggle to remain positive sometimes. You aren't alone. And Some get ovewhelmed and don't make it out alive in their trials. I've also had to watch some of my dreams melt away like wax before the fire, but there is nothing i can do about it. I can't fight God, like you said. In my mind, i say to myself, i can't exactly grab God by the collar to get what i want, so que sera, sera.

Richard Paul Evans in a Winter's Dream wrote:My Dear Son, I am so very proud of you. Now, as you embark on a new journey, I'd like to share this one piece of
advice. Always, always
remember that - adversity is not a detour. It is part of
the path.You will encounter
obstacles. You will make
mistakes. Be grateful for both. Your obstacles and mistakes will be your greatest teachers. And the only way to not make mistakes in this life is to do nothing, which is the biggest mistake of all. Your challenges, if you let them, will become your greatest allies. Mountains can crush or raise you,depending on which side of the mountain you choose to stand on. All
history bears out that the
great, those who have
changed the world, have all suffered great challenges. And, more times than not it's
precisely those challenges that, in God's time, lead to triumph.
Abhor victimhood. Denounce entitlement. Neither are gifts, rather cages to damn the soul.
Everyone who has walked
this earth is a victim of injustice. Everyone.
Most of all, do not be too quick to denounce your
sufferings. The difficult
road you are called to walk
may, in fact be your only path to success.
Previous

Return to The Miscellaneous