It is currently Sat Aug 19, 2017 7:21 am

Announcement: The Vigilant Forums have been reopened! Please see here for further information.

VC board is back (again)

The latest forum announcements and official statements from the Vigilant staff.
  • Author

Taragaia

Awake

1.5 stars

• Thanks Received: 255

Re: VC board is back (again)

PostSun Mar 19, 2017 8:54 am

I'm glad to see you all keeping your word :Thumbup:
The only way out is in

Hex

Divine Self Manifest

Site Founder

3 stars

• Thanks Received: 283

PostSun Mar 19, 2017 10:53 pm

Loki wrote:Hex has obviously been MIA for the last week or so, but I think he will agree with me that until everyone has completely stopped posting here there will be no reason to close it again.

Agreed, and yes, I've been all of the place recently (literally it seems). Just got back from Switzerland yesterday!

So I was actually made aware of a new 5th (or 6th - I forget) iteration of the forums would potentially be coming from VC, though I was travelling at the time and had a backlog of emails I still need to go through. I've only just properly read it now, and it was more for my input on a few things. I've actually tried to register, if only to have a presence there should anyone wish to get in touch, though I don't see myself investing the same time and effort I may have done on previous boards. I'm sure others share the same sentiments.

Regarding the future of this board. This place will stay open as long as there is demand for it. About the only real specific costs are the yearly domain name renewal, which I just got done again last week. I like having this space, though with the opening of VC's new forum it's likely there will be less activity here, and that's ok, but it will be open.

Again, I apologise to all for my lack of presence on the boards. I'm around, and currently enjoying riding the wave of life. It'll be a while before I hit the shore! Many thanks to Loki for holding the fort during my absence, and for all of you contributing. I've enjoyed catching up on the discussions here.

:Thumbup:
"When I became," said he, "the becoming became.
I have become the becoming.
I am one seeing myself, divided.
I am two and four and eight.
I am the universe in diversity.
I am my transformations.
This is my coming together.
Here are my selves become one."

-- Egyptian Book of the Dead

Thunderian

OG for real

1 star

• Thanks Received: 101

PostMon Mar 20, 2017 5:32 am

Is there any way we can donate to help domain costs? Paypal or something?

Taragaia

Awake

1.5 stars

PostMon Mar 20, 2017 6:04 am

Hex wrote:Agreed, and yes, I've been all of the place recently (literally it seems). Just got back from Switzerland yesterday!

Awesome, do tells us about your holiday :Thumbup:

Hex wrote: I'm sure others share the same sentiments.

Yep, decided to stay here.

Hex wrote:Regarding the future of this board. This place will stay open as long as there is demand for it.

I'm glad, I will create demand :Tongue:

Hex wrote:Again, I apologise to all for my lack of presence on the boards. I'm around, and currently enjoying riding the wave of life. It'll be a while before I hit the shore! Many thanks to Loki for holding the fort during my absence, and for all of you contributing. I've enjoyed catching up on the discussions here.:Thumbup:

I am glad you're having such a good time outside the internet! Hope it continues for you. Glad to see you're around again though :Smile:
The only way out is in

Rec

2 stars

• Thanks Received: 146

PostTue Mar 21, 2017 6:17 am

When you blow the dust off your iPad and see a Tapatalk notification informing you that the Vigilant Forums are reopened and the famed VC Forum is back for the nth time (I lost count)...

:yawn:

That's all I wanted to say. Sometimes you just need to move on.

Peace forever.

Taragaia

Awake

1.5 stars

PostTue Mar 21, 2017 7:05 am

Rec wrote:When you blow the dust off your iPad and see a Tapatalk notification informing you that the Vigilant Forums are reopened and the famed VC Forum is back for the nth time (I lost count)...

:yawn:

That's all I wanted to say. Sometimes you just need to move on.

Peace forever.

Nice to see you here though :Thumbup:
The only way out is in

Creeper

1 star

• Thanks Received: 250

PostSun Apr 23, 2017 3:31 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol: LOL at what I just saw on the "Ask VC" thread over on the official forum.

It might not be that long until it closes down again if people keep asking those sorts of questions. Michael Kanfi and Mitch Joel can delete a few posts here and there, but they will definitely pull the plug if it gets out of hand. Am I the only one who is sticking by what they said when I said I wasn't going back? You forum junkies :lol: No offence, I don't care, people can do what they like, I'm only yanking your chain guys. I only really popped in to post the meme.
A fool thinks himself to be wise,
a wise man knows himself to be a fool.

Everything is meaningless, a chasing after the wind.

Karlysymon

1.5 stars

• Thanks Received: 261

PostMon Apr 24, 2017 10:17 am

Hi Creeps

i only read a handful of threads so what you are saying here is actually news to me. Thanks for the meme. Loved Sean Bean in LOTR.

Loki

Trickster God

Administrator

4 stars

• Thanks Received: 835

PostMon Apr 24, 2017 3:57 pm

Creeper wrote::lol: :lol: :lol: LOL at what I just saw on the "Ask VC" thread over on the official forum.

It might not be that long until it closes down again if people keep asking those sorts of questions. Michael Kanfi and Mitch Joel can delete a few posts here and there, but they will definitely pull the plug if it gets out of hand. Am I the only one who is sticking by what they said when I said I wasn't going back? You forum junkies :lol: No offence, I don't care, people can do what they like, I'm only yanking your chain guys. I only really popped in to post the meme.

Yeah, bringing up those names never seems to bode well for those forums. On top of that Aiylish is back at it I believe, as a user named Tanya, and little by little it seems like she will be losing her shit again soon. I don't mind admitting that I had suspicions that she was Tanya and so I trolled her a bit by mentioning Aiylish in the Random Thoughts thread there because I knew if she saw us talking a little trash she would almost certainly reveal herself. Not surprisingly, Tanya went on to post (with no context) a dozen or so images talking about how it's not nice to talk about people, which is the same exact thing she would do over here. If I were her I would have stuck to my guns and stopped coming up with new alter egos, either you can behave yourself or you can't, changing your personality and backstory every time you sign up just makes it so nobody trusts you because you appear super fake. Rant over lol.

I think you and TU are the only users that know about the place (to my knowledge) and haven't signed up or posted. Tarek, Hex, Jess, and a few others have signed up but don't really post. I held off on posting much for a few weeks but nowadays I spent far too much time getting sucked into pointless arguments, I may need to cut myself off cold turkey for a while so I don't get too incredibly behind at work.
This message brought to you by My Brain, courtesy of My Fingers.

"We all are to some extent [agnostic]... So yes, I'm an 'agnostic', in as much as I don't actually know what happens when I die. I choose to operate under the assumption that God does not exist. I have no need for God in my life, the concept of a 'God' feels incredibly made up to me. It is not requisite for my every day living. For some people it is. They are 'theistic agnostics,' I am an 'atheistic agnostic.'" - Cara Santa Maria

Creeper

1 star

• Thanks Received: 250

PostTue Apr 25, 2017 10:02 am

Loki wrote:Yeah, bringing up those names never seems to bode well for those forums.

I like how those posters got banned and their posts got deleted, which is exactly what they said would happen and now VC has locked that thread :lol: I should have took a screenshot of them before they were gone. VC does make some great articles but I still have my suspicions and stuff like that really doesn't help. He is very good at pointing out the symptoms, but never the causes​ or the solutions which is exactly why he is controlled opposition, in my honest opinion. I don't hate them for it or anything, we all have to make a living somehow. I find it funny more than anything else, watching him cover his ass.

On top of that Aiylish is back at it I believe, as a user named Tanya, and little by little it seems like she will be losing her shit again soon. I don't mind admitting that I had suspicions that she was Tanya and so I trolled her a bit by mentioning Aiylish in the Random Thoughts thread there because I knew if she saw us talking a little trash she would almost certainly reveal herself. Not surprisingly, Tanya went on to post (with no context) a dozen or so images talking about how it's not nice to talk about people, which is the same exact thing she would do over here. If I were her I would have stuck to my guns and stopped coming up with new alter egos, either you can behave yourself or you can't, changing your personality and backstory every time you sign up just makes it so nobody trusts you because you appear super fake. Rant over lol.

These would have been the other things I would have posted when I saw that :lol:

The star wars gif would be very fitting for that whole thread :lol:

The "full retard" meme would be for Tanya talking about all those other posters. I was genuinely impressed with that level of ignorance and stupidity and now I hear she could be Ailish, I am not surprised, she is a special breed.

I think you and TU are the only users that know about the place (to my knowledge) and haven't signed up or posted. Tarek, Hex, Jess, and a few others have signed up but don't really post.

I can understand TU not coming back to the forums... Too much water under the bridge. It is heartbreaking for both of us and I'd rather not go into it... Tarek is really busy lately and doesn't really have the time and could do without the stress. I have met some great people through these forums and I wish everyone the best, even those who didn't like me (and sometimes the feeling was mutual, but life is too short to hold grudges).

I held off on posting much for a few weeks but nowadays I spent far too much time getting sucked into pointless arguments, I may need to cut myself off cold turkey for a while so I don't get too incredibly behind at work.

That's pretty much why I don't post much, you can only have the same arguments so many times before it gets really old. God knows I can't be bothered to argue over the same stupid shit with the likes of Lisa again :roll: My favourite person who I often disagree with is Artful Revealer, because at least we both have a sense of humour and don't take our disagreements too personally (at least I hope not).

Honestly, I straight up stopped caring about politics after Trump got elected, maybe before then, but that was the final nail in the coffin for me. Fuck all these crazy people, I can grow my own food and we kind of look out for each other where I live, everyone else in the world can go fuck themselves, I don't have time for such madness. The world is a cruel and evil place and it always has been and it always will be, just as God intended.

As for the religious debates... As interesting as these subjects are, I find it ironic and hypocritical how people will talk about God and peace and love, while the underlying hatred is blatantly obvious. The sheer arrogance displayed where everyone thinks they have all the answers is pretty impressive as well. Islam comes closest to the truth in my opinion, but nobody really has a clue and I just don't care anymore. I have pretty much come full circle and I will always keep and live by the quote in my signature.

I had a brief look a moment ago on the official forum and saw a thread about celibacy. Which is all well and good, but it is very hard to go against instinct. Someone mentioned something about having kids. I particularly liked this partial quote.

Haich - "Why would you suppress such a natural inclination? God wouldn't punish us with this need and say oh don't do anything stay celibate until death, makes no sense to me!"

God pulls that kind of shit all the time! :lol: If I was there I would be mentioning how there are plenty of us here already and I would post this piece of scripture.

Ecclesiastes 4:1-3
Again I looked and saw all the oppression that was taking place under the sun:

I saw the tears of the oppressed—
and they have no comforter;
power was on the side of their oppressors—
and they have no comforter.

And I declared that the dead,
who had already died,
are happier than the living,
who are still alive.

But better than both
is the one who has never been born,
who has not seen the evil
that is done under the sun.

Solomon (pbuh) knew the score. Although I am very tempted to sign up sometimes, I'm not going to waste my time telling people these things. Nobody wants to hear it and we all have our own biases (even me, I'm nothing special). These arguments really don't bring out the best in people either, I will probably end up banned for trolling people or calling out VC :lol: It's a crazy world we all live in, where we all live in our own little worlds and horrible things will always happen, we should take whatever good we can from it and try to avoid becoming too bitter and twisted and make it easier on ourselves and others until we are finally set free. C'est la vie.
A fool thinks himself to be wise,
a wise man knows himself to be a fool.

Everything is meaningless, a chasing after the wind.
PreviousNext

Return to Announcements