It is currently Mon Dec 10, 2018 8:15 am

Announcement: Registrations are currently disabled. Apologies for any inconvenience caused.

Attention: Sexual Content

The latest forum announcements and official statements from the Vigilant staff.
  • Author

Cheers

3 stars

• Thanks Received: 215

Re: Attention: Sexual Content

PostWed May 08, 2013 11:31 pm

justjess wrote:i find that pretty interesting/ironic considering the types of google ads that i have pop up on my screen sometimes...

I know! :wtf:

lol

Thanks for the heads up, Loki-
ImageImage HAPPY! ImageImage

Talijana

Forum Dominatrix

3 stars

• Thanks Received: 492

PostWed May 08, 2013 11:35 pm

:o I get a lot of meet mature women dating personals.
“If the doors of perception were cleansed every thing would appear to man as it is, Infinite. For man has closed himself up, till he sees all things thro' narrow chinks of his cavern.” William Blake

justjess

JEZEBEL

5 Stars

• Thanks Received: 999

PostThu May 09, 2013 12:29 am

there is an s&m ad for lingerie on my page right now.. :lol: hypocrisy
Scratch most feminists and underneath there is a woman who longs to be a sex object. The difference is that is not all she wants to be. ~Betty Rollin

"I don't really aspire to being rational. I'm more attracted to the irrational," she says. "There's no such thing as total rationality. That's something I've realized lately." - Scarlet Johansson

Talijana

Forum Dominatrix

3 stars

• Thanks Received: 492

PostThu May 09, 2013 12:53 am

Hilarious! I get things like ads for Universities which I understand but the whole older women personals! Google, you have me all wrong.

We cant talk about sex but Google is advertising MI*LF sites and S&M Lingerie?
“If the doors of perception were cleansed every thing would appear to man as it is, Infinite. For man has closed himself up, till he sees all things thro' narrow chinks of his cavern.” William Blake

justjess

JEZEBEL

5 Stars

• Thanks Received: 999

PostThu May 09, 2013 12:55 am

who the heck knows.. i didnt realize google ads was some sort of big brother monitor of content tbh.

seems a little fishy this site was flagged when most of the sites ive seen with ACTUAL se*ual content dont seem to have any problems and a lot also use google ads.
Scratch most feminists and underneath there is a woman who longs to be a sex object. The difference is that is not all she wants to be. ~Betty Rollin

"I don't really aspire to being rational. I'm more attracted to the irrational," she says. "There's no such thing as total rationality. That's something I've realized lately." - Scarlet Johansson

Illuminaughty

d o.o b

2 stars

• Thanks Received: 176

PostThu May 09, 2013 1:14 am

Fuck google.

Illuminaughty

d o.o b

2 stars

• Thanks Received: 176

PostThu May 09, 2013 1:15 am

...without lube.

Douglas Hall

1.5 stars

• Thanks Received: 89

PostThu May 09, 2013 1:55 am

justjess wrote:who the heck knows.. i didnt realize google ads was some sort of big brother monitor of content tbh.

seems a little fishy this site was flagged when most of the sites ive seen with ACTUAL se*ual content dont seem to have any problems and a lot also use google ads.

^This.

If I recall correctly (and I usually do) Aiylish has an alternate home for Vigilant Forums already set up for us with all our old goody icons (not the lame ones here) plus lots of other features this particular forum cannot handle

and the entire ongoing operating costs amount to ZERO with no censorship enforced.

I highly recommend we look into moving shop over to there and let Google know in no equivocal terms what they can do with their hypocrisy (we can make money selling ad-space to sex-based comanies but YOU can't talk about sex as it will interfere with our revenue stream) and heavy-handed censorship.

What's the point of posting on a forum 'investigating truth' and 'how TPTB control us' if our freedom to discuss any topic we like is infringed upon - especially when we have alternative service providers?

When the market votes with its feet Google ad words comes around.

In Lak'ech A Lak'en.
Last edited by Douglas Hall on Thu May 09, 2013 5:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
All comments made by Douglas Hall are strictly his opinion and are meant for entertainment purposes only.

FlixKandish

OMNIPRESENT EVOSTATHEIST

3.5 Stars

• Thanks Received: 306

PostThu May 09, 2013 3:45 am

YAY! No more raunchy forum action. Bout time.
Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.” ― Mark Twain

J. Cyrus

Interplanetary Sky-Surfer

1.5 stars

• Thanks Received: 91

PostThu May 09, 2013 5:15 am

DH -- IIRC the amount of forum traffic we generate would be the primary obstacle to using the free host Aiylish set up. I do agree with a lot of what you said in principle, but I'd prefer to not have a massive upheaval again.
“It is the... mass media which makes possible the use of propaganda techniques on a societal scale. The orchestration of press, radio and television to create a continuous, lasting and total environment renders the influence of propaganda virtually unnoticed precisely because it creates a constant environment.”
~ Jacques Ellul

“…YOU at one time walked according to... this world, according to the ruler of the authority of the air...”
~ Ephesians 2:2
PreviousNext

Return to Announcements