It is currently Mon Dec 10, 2018 8:15 am


Announcement: Registrations are currently disabled. Apologies for any inconvenience caused.

Attention: Sexual Content

The latest forum announcements and official statements from the Vigilant staff.
  • Author
  • Message
Offline
User avatar

Hex

Divine Self Manifest

Site Founder

3 stars

  • Posts: 1129
  • Joined: 27 February 2013
  • Location: ~ ∞
  • Gender: Male
  • Thanks Received: 293

Re: Attention: Sexual Content

PostThu May 09, 2013 1:31 pm

The Ads/funding shouldn't be an issue. I checked and it was apparently the combination of 'BJ, S3m4n (Looking at you Rec) and included sites which flagged up their system. Sexual talk in itself is fine, so long as we aren't going into gross detail about certain erotic acts or linking to content promoting the same.

I can remove the dating ads and will do that now. Would have done so earlier if I had realized it was an issue with members.

Douglas Hall wrote:If I recall correctly (and I usually do) Aiylish has an alternate home for Vigilant Forums already set up for us with all our old goody icons (not the lame ones here) plus lots of other features this particular forum cannot handle
and the entire ongoing operating costs amount to ZERO with no censorship enforced.

Those boards are quite crippled (No PM's, thanks, chat or lack of customization) and you're at the mercy of freeforums.org which will not hesitate to ban your account if they receive the slightest complaint I would imagine. The Emoticons are the same so I'm not sure what Icons you are referring to.

Funding will not be an issue either way for this site. I use the server for my own purposes as well and so it would stay hosted from my own pocket regardless, and while it isn't much the Ads have helped keep the site going for a good few months to half a year easily bar any contribution on my part.
"When I became," said he, "the becoming became.
I have become the becoming.
I am one seeing myself, divided.
I am two and four and eight.
I am the universe in diversity.
I am my transformations.
This is my coming together.
Here are my selves become one."


-- Egyptian Book of the Dead

Image
Offline
User avatar

justjess

JEZEBEL

Registered User

5 Stars

  • Posts: 3946
  • Joined: 27 February 2013
  • Location: gypsy
  • Gender: Female
  • Thanks Received: 999

Re: Attention: Sexual Content

PostThu May 09, 2013 1:34 pm

I don't care about the dating ads, just found it ironic.
Scratch most feminists and underneath there is a woman who longs to be a sex object. The difference is that is not all she wants to be. ~Betty Rollin

"I don't really aspire to being rational. I'm more attracted to the irrational," she says. "There's no such thing as total rationality. That's something I've realized lately." - Scarlet Johansson
Offline
User avatar

Douglas Hall

Member

Registered User

1.5 stars

  • Posts: 320
  • Joined: 28 February 2013
  • Location: The Thirteenth Floor
  • Gender: Male
  • Thanks Received: 89

Re: Attention: Sexual Content

PostThu May 09, 2013 2:52 pm

Hexa wrote:
Douglas Hall wrote:If I recall correctly (and I usually do) Aiylish has an alternate home for Vigilant Forums already set up for us with all our old goody icons (not the lame ones here) plus lots of other features this particular forum cannot handle and the entire ongoing operating costs amount to ZERO with no censorship enforced.


Those boards are quite crippled (No PM's, thanks, chat or lack of customization) and you're at the mercy of freeforums.org which will not hesitate to ban your account if they receive the slightest complaint I would imagine. The Emoticons are the same so I'm not sure what Icons you are referring to.


I believe Aiylish had found a way to install the Emoticons from the old VC forum onto the new one she created.

As for any possible mistakes or mis-statements I made in describing the benefits of the provider Aiylish went with, I'll stand corrected (glad I used the word 'usually' rather than always :thumbup: ).
All comments made by Douglas Hall are strictly his opinion and are meant for entertainment purposes only.
Offline
User avatar

Anarki

Registered User

2 stars

  • Posts: 779
  • Joined: 27 February 2013
  • Location: All around you.
  • Thanks Received: 233

Re: Attention: Sexual Content

PostThu May 09, 2013 3:37 pm

Douglas Hall wrote:I believe Aiylish had found a way to install the Emoticons from the old VC forum onto the new one she created.

As for any possible mistakes or mis-statements I made in describing the benefits of the provider Aiylish went with, I'll stand corrected (glad I used the word 'usually' rather than always :thumbup: ).



I have the old Emoticons from the V.C. boards on my dropbox account. You can download them here. . .

https://www.dropbox.com/s/rqyybhgsytiwx2n/Smiles.zip

I think staff \ community were trying to move away from being a new V.C. forums and instead were trying to create their own forums.

As for google ads yes it is like big brother. The ads you see are specifically designed for YOU. So if you see mature content then you should probably delete your cookies \ history as it is based off of YOUR computer and what you visit haha.
This ain't a movie, I'm not a fan or a groupie. And I'm not that type of cat you can afford to miss if you shoot me.
Offline
User avatar

Aiylish

Registered User

2.5 stars

  • Posts: 927
  • Joined: 27 February 2013
  • Thanks Received: 247

Re: Attention: Sexual Content

PostThu May 09, 2013 5:11 pm

Hexa wrote:The Ads/funding shouldn't be an issue. I checked and it was apparently the combination of 'BJ, S3m4n (Looking at you Rec) and included sites which flagged up their system. Sexual talk in itself is fine, so long as we aren't going into gross detail about certain erotic acts or linking to content promoting the same.

I can remove the dating ads and will do that now. Would have done so earlier if I had realized it was an issue with members.

Douglas Hall wrote:If I recall correctly (and I usually do) Aiylish has an alternate home for Vigilant Forums already set up for us with all our old goody icons (not the lame ones here) plus lots of other features this particular forum cannot handle
and the entire ongoing operating costs amount to ZERO with no censorship enforced.

Those boards are quite crippled (No PM's, thanks, chat or lack of customization) and you're at the mercy of freeforums.org which will not hesitate to ban your account if they receive the slightest complaint I would imagine. The Emoticons are the same so I'm not sure what Icons you are referring to.

Funding will not be an issue either way for this site. I use the server for my own purposes as well and so it would stay hosted from my own pocket regardless, and while it isn't much the Ads have helped keep the site going for a good few months to half a year easily bar any contribution on my part.

Actually they aren't crippled,, everything you listed they have and more, they aren't a free trial forum like the one you had, it's completely free. And no they don't lack customization, they aren't like the temp forums you set up. Completely comes with all that you said it didn't and no ads. You make money off this site, may not be much now but that will change eventually, especially the more traffic you get $$$. And yes they do have thanks, I enabled it, I even enabled the chat box, you can even play games lol. But you didn't sign up, so you possibly wouldn't know.

Douglas Hall wrote:
Hexa wrote:
Douglas Hall wrote:If I recall correctly (and I usually do) Aiylish has an alternate home for Vigilant Forums already set up for us with all our old goody icons (not the lame ones here) plus lots of other features this particular forum cannot handle and the entire ongoing operating costs amount to ZERO with no censorship enforced.


Those boards are quite crippled (No PM's, thanks, chat or lack of customization) and you're at the mercy of freeforums.org which will not hesitate to ban your account if they receive the slightest complaint I would imagine. The Emoticons are the same so I'm not sure what Icons you are referring to.


I believe Aiylish had found a way to install the Emoticons from the old VC forum onto the new one she created.

As for any possible mistakes or mis-statements I made in describing the benefits of the provider Aiylish went with, I'll stand corrected (glad I used the word 'usually' rather than always :thumbup: ).

And yes I managed to upload all the emoticons easily that we previously had and are far better then the typical crappy ones here. I ended up sending both packages to Hexa as he told me but they were ignored like everything else.
~I have to assume that a person who believes rubbernecking brings safety has neither a license nor a motor vehicle.~ Vibrating Pickle
Offline
User avatar

Artful Revealer

Registered User

3 stars

  • Posts: 1178
  • Joined: 28 February 2013
  • Location: Realm of Veils
  • Gender: Male
  • Thanks Received: 427

Re: Attention: Sexual Content

PostThu May 09, 2013 5:26 pm

I don't see a problem with a sister forum which mainly addresses topics that would potentially cause us problems here. But neither do I see the need to make a full scale move though.
The greatest trick the Devil ever pulled is convincing the world he is God.
Offline
User avatar

Hex

Divine Self Manifest

Site Founder

3 stars

  • Posts: 1129
  • Joined: 27 February 2013
  • Location: ~ ∞
  • Gender: Male
  • Thanks Received: 293

Re: Attention: Sexual Content

PostThu May 09, 2013 5:49 pm

Aiylish wrote:Actually they aren't crippled,, everything you listed they have and more, they aren't a free trial forum like the one you had, it's completely free. And no they don't lack customization, they aren't like the temp forums you set up. Completely comes with all that you said it didn't and no ads. You make money off this site, may not be much now but that will change eventually, especially the more traffic you get $$$. And yes they do have thanks, I enabled it, I even enabled the chat box, you can even play games lol. But you didn't sign up, so you possibly wouldn't know.

Hey I'm going by the user comments I saw on those forums which mentioned the lack of said features, don't bite my head off Lol.

It sounds good but I maintain you're crippled to what they offer and are reliant upon third parties. Those mods are pre customized and you cannot add any of your own, nor can you use your own style (Though they do have their own sure). Also your forums do contain textual ads in the form of links on certain keywords.

If they'd rather use your forums of course I've nothing against it at all. Members can post where they wish under the board control of whom they wish, it's their decision.

And yes I managed to upload all the emoticons easily that we previously had and are far better then the typical crappy ones here. I ended up sending both packages to Hexa as he told me but they were ignored like everything else.

I didn't like them. I hate two different styles which clash and the text indent was way off when I tested them. Really made forum posts look inconsistent and inelegant, but that's me.

If they'd rather the other Emoticons throw a poll and I'll change them based on said results ^_^
"When I became," said he, "the becoming became.
I have become the becoming.
I am one seeing myself, divided.
I am two and four and eight.
I am the universe in diversity.
I am my transformations.
This is my coming together.
Here are my selves become one."


-- Egyptian Book of the Dead

Image
Offline
User avatar

justjess

JEZEBEL

Registered User

5 Stars

  • Posts: 3946
  • Joined: 27 February 2013
  • Location: gypsy
  • Gender: Female
  • Thanks Received: 999

Re: Attention: Sexual Content

PostThu May 09, 2013 6:51 pm

Anarki - the only place that I've visited that even mentions s&m is maybe a thread here. I never visit dating sites, I'm married, and never visited them to begin with. Only maybe the dating thread here. It is what it is but please don't Try to imply there is some reason for me getting that content which doesn't in fact exist.
Scratch most feminists and underneath there is a woman who longs to be a sex object. The difference is that is not all she wants to be. ~Betty Rollin

"I don't really aspire to being rational. I'm more attracted to the irrational," she says. "There's no such thing as total rationality. That's something I've realized lately." - Scarlet Johansson
Offline
User avatar

Loki

Trickster God

Administrator

4 stars

  • Posts: 2204
  • Joined: 28 February 2013
  • Gender: Male
  • Thanks Received: 875

Re: Attention: Sexual Content

PostThu May 09, 2013 7:02 pm

justjess wrote:Anarki - the only place that I've visited that even mentions s&m is maybe a thread here. I never visit dating sites, I'm married, and never visited them to begin with. Only maybe the dating thread here. It is what it is but please don't Try to imply there is some reason for me getting that content which doesn't in fact exist.


I think he was just making a joke. But it is true that that is often how Google Ads works. I think it can also pull from the site itself though, so perhaps it was pulling from here. Or maybe you googled 50 Shades of Grey or something. Google Ads are odd. Mine are usually like pizza ads haha.
This message brought to you by My Brain, courtesy of My Fingers.

"We all are to some extent [agnostic]... So yes, I'm an 'agnostic', in as much as I don't actually know what happens when I die. I choose to operate under the assumption that God does not exist. I have no need for God in my life, the concept of a 'God' feels incredibly made up to me. It is not requisite for my every day living. For some people it is. They are 'theistic agnostics,' I am an 'atheistic agnostic.'" - Cara Santa Maria
Offline
User avatar

enkidu2368

Praetor-

Registered User

3 stars

  • Posts: 1247
  • Joined: 27 February 2013
  • Location: Britannia-
  • Thanks Received: 285

Re: Attention: Sexual Content

PostThu May 09, 2013 7:15 pm

FlixKandish wrote:YAY! No more raunchy forum action. Bout time.



But, but , buttt....Raunchy forum action is de bestez typez of actions! D;

And yeah loll, I find the google Ad hypocrisy mentioned by others in this regard hilarious.

I wonder if my contributions to the oral thread influenced anything *sowwie guyz*

:3

edit* or was that another thread...


btw considering this is an admin thread, may I ask wtf is up with vig chat?

:3
...this world is only play and amusement, pomp and mutual boasting among you, and rivalry in respect of wealth and children, as the likeness of vegetation after rain, thereof the growth is pleasing to the tiller; afterwards it dries up and you see it turning yellow; then it becomes straw. Al-Hadid (020)
PreviousNext

Return to Announcements

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron